CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

NCBD Pickups (all pickup replies/posts welcome)18957

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user









Post 151 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user



This week was interesting; I have pull boxes at two local stores, and today I hit the one near my house (the other store has my ASM, Ghost Rider, and She Hulk subs, so I will get them later.)

The only planned purchases were Hallows Eve and the Iron Man variant. I have really enjoyed both series so far. The What If? was a "why not?" purchase.

I like the Kamala character, even if I haven't been a fan of the current editorial choices. Love the feel of this cover.

Purr Evil and the Alice book were impulse buys as well. I dig Andolfo's stuff, and the Alice cover is sweet.

Chad Bowers did a signing at the store on Saturday; I didn't make it, but I liked the Jubilee cover enough I talked myself into it.

The New Agents of Atlas was a mail call book. Really enjoyed Tiger Division, and I hope Marvel does more with these characters in the long term.
Post 152 • IP   flag post
I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy Where do you find these new comic book day songs?! Is this you a some friends doing barbershop? 😁
Post 153 • IP   flag post
I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user






My pick-ups.
Post 154 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@dpiercy Where do you find these new comic book day songs?! Is this you a some friends doing barbershop? 😁


@Drogio - I am a failed singer/songwriter….I hear these melodies in my head and record them for my vids. All voices are mine. 🙂
Post 155 • IP   flag post


I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@dpiercy Where do you find these new comic book day songs?! Is this you a some friends doing barbershop? 😁


@Drogio - I am a failed singer/songwriter….I hear these melodies in my head and record them for my vids. All voices are mine. 🙂


For what it’s worth, I enjoy them!
Post 156 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

For what it’s worth, I enjoy them!


Thanks. 🙂
Post 157 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Post 158 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I thought that I posted this last week. The following week after vacation is usually a little insane, playing catch up.




Looking forward to Knight Terrors #3 with the possible introduction of House of Horrors that may be a good device to bring some horror titles back into DC.

Really looking forward to Justice League vs Godzilla vs King Kong in October. Can’t wait for the battle royale, but hoping for a good script as well.
Post 159 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



And with a black light.


Post 160 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Cool, Neon cover. Kinda trippy!
Post 161 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake when I showed the second issue to my wife, I said it was a black light cover. A couple of days later a black light turned up at my place. My wife ordered one to surprise me, they are like $5.
Post 162 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
She is a keeper!

I bought a black light a while back, so I can inspect comic books for color touch. Haven’t had the opportunity to use it yet.
Post 163 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross If you can get ahold of #1 black light with error variant, the cost is currently between $15-30 with the sample average of $23 including shipping, since the error version has been recalled. Let the FOMO begin. Me sad 😭

Confirming The House of Horror!


Post 164 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Look at my comic books!

Post 165 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
This week’s haul…




Looks like the spirit of my favorite holiday is casting its shadow on some of the current titles. Not a complete list, but more Halloween-themed titles before October comes to an end. Of course, some of these are ongoing, so they naturally align with All Hollows Eve.

Knight Terrors: Night’s End #1 - Dr. Hate
Green Lantern: War Journal #1 - Revenant Queen
DC’s Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun #1
Wesley Dodd: The Sandman #1
Justice Society of America #7 - introduction of JSA Dark
Batman: City of Madness #1
Justice League vs Godzilla vs King Kong

What-If…? Dark Moon Knight #1
Dark X-men: Fall of X #1
Incredible Hulk #3 - Mother of All Horrors
WBN #1 - one-shot team-up
Captain Marvel: Dark Tempest #3 - Feral 5
Uncanny Spider-Man #1 - Nightcrawler as Spider-Man
ASM #35 - Parker metamorphosis into a Goblin-villain
Capwolf and the Howling Commandos #1
Ghost Rider #17
Wolverine #36 - Hellverine

Time will tell which ones will have longevity…
Post 166 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake Thanks for the mention of Halloween.

I need to pick up some new comics (all ages) to hand out when the kids and their parents trick or treat in our building. Each year I hand out candy and comics and the parents faces with relief that it's not all candy is actually priceless.
Post 167 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross That is great! Giving the gift of reading!!

You got me thinking on whether to give out my FCBD comics, but I need to screen them first since it’s a mixed bag. I want to give more than the Disney-type, but some parents have issues with Venom and King Shark.
Post 168 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake Yep, no teen books, just all ages ones. There are a couple of superhero all ages comics
Post 169 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake picked up the error copy today at my lcs for cover.


Post 170 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Fun haul today.

Post 171 • IP   flag post
I’m not sure they know they’re taking one for the team. Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 172 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Post 173 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Look at my comic books!

Post 174 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user


Post 175 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user



This is for the last 3 weeks. Work has been a little busy. Got the neon corrected variant, but the error copy would have been better.
Post 176 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I read Immortal Thor yesterday: did not disappoint. I need to catch upon my Doom Patrol reading.
Post 177 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user



Grabbed this, to complement that.




Also picked up the Addams Family book for my kid.
Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Celebrate new comic book day!

Post 179 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Post 180 • IP   flag post
657131 363 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?