Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NCBD Pickups (all pickup replies/posts welcome)18957

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

This week was interesting; I have pull boxes at two local stores, and today I hit the one near my house (the other store has my ASM, Ghost Rider, and She Hulk subs, so I will get them later.)

The only planned purchases were Hallows Eve and the Iron Man variant. I have really enjoyed both series so far. The What If? was a "why not?" purchase.

I like the Kamala character, even if I haven't been a fan of the current editorial choices. Love the feel of this cover.

Purr Evil and the Alice book were impulse buys as well. I dig Andolfo's stuff, and the Alice cover is sweet.

Chad Bowers did a signing at the store on Saturday; I didn't make it, but I liked the Jubilee cover enough I talked myself into it.

The New Agents of Atlas was a mail call book. Really enjoyed Tiger Division, and I hope Marvel does more with these characters in the long term.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy Where do you find these new comic book day songs?! Is this you a some friends doing barbershop? 😁
Post 153 IP   flag post

My pick-ups.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
@dpiercy Where do you find these new comic book day songs?! Is this you a some friends doing barbershop? 😁

@Drogio - I am a failed singer/songwriter….I hear these melodies in my head and record them for my vids. All voices are mine. 🙂
Post 155 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Quote:

@Drogio - I am a failed singer/songwriter….I hear these melodies in my head and record them for my vids. All voices are mine. 🙂

For what it’s worth, I enjoy them!
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:

For what it’s worth, I enjoy them!

Thanks. 🙂
Post 157 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 158 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
I thought that I posted this last week. The following week after vacation is usually a little insane, playing catch up.

Looking forward to Knight Terrors #3 with the possible introduction of House of Horrors that may be a good device to bring some horror titles back into DC.

Really looking forward to Justice League vs Godzilla vs King Kong in October. Can’t wait for the battle royale, but hoping for a good script as well.
Post 159 IP   flag post

And with a black light.

Post 160 IP   flag post
Cool, Neon cover. Kinda trippy!
Post 161 IP   flag post
@jake when I showed the second issue to my wife, I said it was a black light cover. A couple of days later a black light turned up at my place. My wife ordered one to surprise me, they are like $5.
Post 162 IP   flag post
She is a keeper!

I bought a black light a while back, so I can inspect comic books for color touch. Haven’t had the opportunity to use it yet.
Post 163 IP   flag post
@southerncross If you can get ahold of #1 black light with error variant, the cost is currently between $15-30 with the sample average of $23 including shipping, since the error version has been recalled. Let the FOMO begin. Me sad 😭

Confirming The House of Horror!

Post 164 IP   flag post
Look at my comic books!

Post 165 IP   flag post
This week’s haul…

Looks like the spirit of my favorite holiday is casting its shadow on some of the current titles. Not a complete list, but more Halloween-themed titles before October comes to an end. Of course, some of these are ongoing, so they naturally align with All Hollows Eve.

Knight Terrors: Night’s End #1 - Dr. Hate
Green Lantern: War Journal #1 - Revenant Queen
DC’s Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun #1
Wesley Dodd: The Sandman #1
Justice Society of America #7 - introduction of JSA Dark
Batman: City of Madness #1
Justice League vs Godzilla vs King Kong

What-If…? Dark Moon Knight #1
Dark X-men: Fall of X #1
Incredible Hulk #3 - Mother of All Horrors
WBN #1 - one-shot team-up
Captain Marvel: Dark Tempest #3 - Feral 5
Uncanny Spider-Man #1 - Nightcrawler as Spider-Man
ASM #35 - Parker metamorphosis into a Goblin-villain
Capwolf and the Howling Commandos #1
Ghost Rider #17
Wolverine #36 - Hellverine

Time will tell which ones will have longevity…
Post 166 IP   flag post
@jake Thanks for the mention of Halloween.

I need to pick up some new comics (all ages) to hand out when the kids and their parents trick or treat in our building. Each year I hand out candy and comics and the parents faces with relief that it's not all candy is actually priceless.
Post 167 IP   flag post
@southerncross That is great! Giving the gift of reading!!

You got me thinking on whether to give out my FCBD comics, but I need to screen them first since it’s a mixed bag. I want to give more than the Disney-type, but some parents have issues with Venom and King Shark.
Post 168 IP   flag post
@jake Yep, no teen books, just all ages ones. There are a couple of superhero all ages comics
Post 169 IP   flag post
@jake picked up the error copy today at my lcs for cover.

Post 170 IP   flag post
Fun haul today.

Post 171 IP   flag post

Post 172 IP   flag post

Post 173 IP   flag post
Look at my comic books!

Post 174 IP   flag post

Post 175 IP   flag post

This is for the last 3 weeks. Work has been a little busy. Got the neon corrected variant, but the error copy would have been better.
Post 176 IP   flag post
I read Immortal Thor yesterday: did not disappoint. I need to catch upon my Doom Patrol reading.
Post 177 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Grabbed this, to complement that.

Also picked up the Addams Family book for my kid.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Celebrate new comic book day!

Post 179 IP   flag post

Post 180 IP   flag post
615420 353 30