CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

NCBD Pickups (all pickup replies/posts welcome)18957

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I welcome everyone to post pickup photos/vids in this thread.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Last week’s pick ups.




Today’s pickups. I liked Joe Fixit.


Post 2 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@jake How are you liking Planet Hulk? I want to like it, but think it’s kind of horrible: hard to follow, characters I don’t care about and not enough Hulk.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a work in progress. I think that it was meant for Y14 audience. Yup, lots of (throwaway) characters.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
Due to my work schedule, I usually get to my LCS on Friday or Saturday. Here's last week and this week.

3 variants of ASM #17



A facsimile edition of one of my favorite covers, plus a retailer incentive cover that's just really cool.

Post 7 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Hulk book, the incentive.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Just got word that this shipped today!

100% of the proceeds from this Variant cover will be split between UNICEF Ukraine and the Ukrainian Red Cross! Get yours NOW, here's the MCS Direct Link


Post 9 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up yesterday:

Post 11 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
New books




Other Marvels and DCs I didn't get.




Post 13 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user



@southerncross I saw that you picked up Batman so I picked it up as well.

Joe Fixit is pretty funny.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake I really enjoyed Peter David's run on the hulk in the late 80s.

I ended up getting the Batman variant cover.


Post 15 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Nice! I wanted that one but my LCS didn’t have it.

My first Hulk comic was IH 282, so I guess my run was under Bill Mantlo. I picked it up from the back of a pharmacy rack. I enjoyed the recent Immortal Hulk run.

Peter had a great 12 year run!


Post 16 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy Cool. You, too, were able to pick up the Batman Artgerm variant. Heard good things about Monarch but couldn’t shake Venture Bros. out of my head 😂 Almost picked up the Kang reprint. Did you have a chance to read DD?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@jake DD is first read today. I flipped thru Monarch and it looked cool. The Man Who Stopped Laughing was excellent.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Heard good things about Monarch but couldn’t shake Venture Bros. out of my head 😂


When I saw it in the previews a couple months ago, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that it wasn't about Venture Bros.!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Haha!




@dpiercy @southerncross I stopped by my other LCS. Couldn’t resist and picked up some other.


Post 21 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy Cool.

What is Mosely about? Wolverine and Hulk are on Planet of the Apes?

Here is my pick up for the week:

Post 23 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@jake Marvel acquired the rights to POTA w/in the last 15 months or so. They are starting a new series in March. They’ve been doing these variants across all of their titles all month in preparation.

I forget what Mosely is about, though I did read the first issue. 😀
Post 24 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up the first issue of Mosely, but decided it wasn't for me.

It's a sort of near future near dystopian story about an ordinary man fighting the artificial gods that he indirectly helped create.

It's not bad, I just wasn't looking for something as cerebral as what I got.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user



This one’s not a comic book per se, but it did get released this week and I bought it from my LCS.

Am I doing this right? Lol
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user



Post 28 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
On a business trip to Dallas, so I stopped by Titan Comics to get my Wednesday fix. Got the Peach Momoko Captain Britain, the ASM 129 facsimile, and last week's Betty one-shot (all my local shops under ordered that one).


Post 29 • IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user



Late start, busy week.

Didn’t realize Blue Book is an anthology.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
657131 363 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?