Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NCBD Pickups (all pickup replies/posts welcome)18957

Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross How is Zod so far?

The past six months have been pretty busy since I started my new job. Steep learning curve, but I got to read…finally!

Absolute Power #1 is a fun read. If you liked JLA Tower of Babel story arc, this is Waid’s more refined version which is part of the Dawn of DC initiative. Knight Terrors and House of Brainiac set up pieces to get to this point. I hope that this event continues to be good.

Zatanna #1 is a slow burn. I talked to a comic publisher about this style of writing and part of what is missing for me is the rhythm. Every other page is supposed to bring some conflict so the reader wants to turn the page. The A-ha moment was the last page, but it wasn’t a Corinthian A-ha moment like in Sandman. Maybe the suspense / horror tones make this a DC Black Label, but I am not sure. I am on the fence about getting the next issue. At least the Artgerm cover variant was nice.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@jake I haven't read a single issue yet, I just assumed it was going to be like a 4 or 5 issue series and I was going to buy it and sit down and read them over a couple of days, We're up to issue 7 so I'm thinking I better not wait and possibly start on the series.
Post 327 IP   flag post
This week’s pickups.

Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
A fun one.

Post 329 IP   flag post
@dpiercy Sweet Christmas! It’s napalm in the morning!! Nice book!!!
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@jake thanks. 🙂
Post 331 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 332 IP   flag post
611386 332 7