Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane18924

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda in shock. I assumed when I first saw the book that it had been signed on the back cover and not noted on the label as such. I have several variant covers that I've requested signatures on the back because the back cover is often a big blank with a logo and/or title of the variant in the middle. Why not sign the back in that empty space and leave the cover art alone? Giving it a yellow label AND the note on it stating it has a non-existent signature is pretty special.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
We all assume there is a QC department.
Legit companies that produce a product have some manner of quality control.

But I seriously wonder - do they? Or do we just think they do?
This is just unacceptable and I don't care what percentage of the total graded books this represents. It's not acceptable because it continues to happen over and over and over and over again.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
It's CGC...just keep resubmitting until you get the label you want.

(or the grade, as well)
This is unbelievable. Just unreal

That's a very rare book - signature series label without signature, AND AMAZING newton rings? I bet that's a real low number on the census!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
That's a very rare book - signature series label without signature, AND AMAZING newton rings? I bet that's a real low number on the census!

We all know.... we just KNOW.... that there is some nut out there that looks for:
1. Error edition
2. Signed McFarlane
3. Low Census

- and as such; will purchase this book.
Darwin said these types will become extinct; and yet they continue to purchase in this market
Post 29 IP   flag post
I have a thing for error editions, but... there needs to be an actual error, and I don't mean a simple 'oopsie' label error. Give me an awesome double-cover anyday!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Yeaaaaa... a cgc error is not a comic misprint/error edition. But don't tell that to the loony tune who doesnt know better.
Post 31 IP   flag post
If Loony wants to shell out cashola for rubbish like that, just let it happen.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Darwin said these types will become extinct; and yet they continue to purchase in this market

Darwin didn't anticipate the internet. Survival of the fittest became survival of the loudest.
Post 33 IP   flag post
597889 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?