CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
QuestionsSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane18924

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda in shock. I assumed when I first saw the book that it had been signed on the back cover and not noted on the label as such. I have several variant covers that I've requested signatures on the back because the back cover is often a big blank with a logo and/or title of the variant in the middle. Why not sign the back in that empty space and leave the cover art alone? Giving it a yellow label AND the note on it stating it has a non-existent signature is pretty special.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
We all assume there is a QC department.
Legit companies that produce a product have some manner of quality control.

But I seriously wonder - do they? Or do we just think they do?
This is just unacceptable and I don't care what percentage of the total graded books this represents. It's not acceptable because it continues to happen over and over and over and over again.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
It's CGC...just keep resubmitting until you get the label you want.


(or the grade, as well)
This is unbelievable. Just unreal


That's a very rare book - signature series label without signature, AND AMAZING newton rings? I bet that's a real low number on the census!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
That's a very rare book - signature series label without signature, AND AMAZING newton rings? I bet that's a real low number on the census!


We all know.... we just KNOW.... that there is some nut out there that looks for:
1. Error edition
2. Signed McFarlane
3. Low Census

- and as such; will purchase this book.
Darwin said these types will become extinct; and yet they continue to purchase in this market
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I have a thing for error editions, but... there needs to be an actual error, and I don't mean a simple 'oopsie' label error. Give me an awesome double-cover anyday!
Post 30 • IP   flag post


I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeaaaaa... a cgc error is not a comic misprint/error edition. But don't tell that to the loony tune who doesnt know better.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
If Loony wants to shell out cashola for rubbish like that, just let it happen.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Darwin said these types will become extinct; and yet they continue to purchase in this market


Darwin didn't anticipate the internet. Survival of the fittest became survival of the loudest.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
657131 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?