CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user

Post 176 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Had a few lackluster bids that failed in Phase One of the MCS Auction tonight. Eventually I won this fragile mess. Pretty sure it will spend the rest of its life in the MCS bag that it arrives in. I'm not likely to risk touching it:

Post 177 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Continuing the fragile mess wins...


Post 178 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
day 1 - a couple of books i really wanted got away but also got some of those i really wanted so cannot complain



























Post 179 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
@poka, Love those ECs and Planet books. Great haul.
Post 180 • IP   flag post


Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@poka I debated making a run at that Tales From the Crypt 46, such a great cover that I've considered several times. But I'm pretty tight with the comic book dollar these days. My random pickup for tonight, just for fun:





Post 181 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
day 2 - got the FF i wanted plus some more. my budget is about done so will be light on day 3








Post 182 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid
@poka, Love those ECs and Planet books. Great haul.


thanks the PC 14 and SSS6 are my favorites
Post 183 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@poka I debated making a run at that Tales From the Crypt 46, such a great cover that I've considered several times. But I'm pretty tight with the comic book dollar these days. My random pickup for tonight, just for fun:







that is a great cover as well!
Post 184 • IP   flag post
Pretty sure the Thing and my wife aren't the same height. PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a couple this week.

Post 185 • IP   flag post
Pretty sure the Thing and my wife aren't the same height. PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
MCS wins this week








Post 186 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
@PhilCoulson Very nice, especially the Munsters book. Not sure how I missed seeing that in the auction. Then again, considering how much I spent during the Prime auction, it's probably better that I wasn't aware of it.
Post 187 • IP   flag post
Pretty sure the Thing and my wife aren't the same height. PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
@Danno Thank you. Yeah I spent too much this week as well.
Post 188 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Some other wins from this week. Added to my collection of Marvel 25th Anniversary issues and then bid on items that I wasn't expecting to bid on, which isn't always a good strategy and wasn't for one of the wins in particular.











Post 189 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine_Kid


Three wins including my first MAD comic







I didn't notice at the time I won this, that this is a file copy personally owned by Harvey Kurtzman (who did the cover and story.) It's not in great condition like Gaines's EC file copies, but I think it's awesome that it belonged to the book's artist / writer.
Post 190 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Danno I used to have that Starlog. Well I had many but specifically remember that issue
Post 191 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
There are times when you do something and then ask yourself, "Did I really do that?" This was one of those times for me.


Post 192 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
I had no such questions with this one.


Post 193 • IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
A few from some recent auctions this month.











Post 194 • IP   flag post
Pretty sure the Thing and my wife aren't the same height. PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
I had a few this month as well. Thanks for the reminder, Danno.





Post 195 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
.
Sticking with my focus on Golden Age titles I picked up some Famous Funnies (and one New Funnies) from the 1940's (except one from 1950). Not an exciting title but in relatively decent shape given their age.










9.0









File Copy



Post 196 • IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Won a Print for my Sanctum Sanctorum wall.


Post 197 • IP   flag post
Doodoo doodoo! Mind blowing stuff, right? Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator Great print. Reminded me that I won this framed print in a charity auction a few weeks back. It's about 28x40 including the frame. It's a superhero version of the famous photo of New York ironworkers eating lunch high above the city.


Post 198 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
just received some comic lots i won - still going through the 2 boxes - someone could have got a decent deal in lcs


Post 199 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
very fragile / poor condition but complete
Post 200 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 201 • IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
among 12 nm copiea - 2 canadian - 5 newsstand

and much more
Post 202 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I don't partake in auctions much, but when I do, I prefer a home run..






Whoa! Crickey! That image didn’t translate!
Post 203 • IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Been looking for a rather cheap one for the last 3 weeks, I didn't expect a 'no challenger' auction on this one. 1st bid I made was the last of the auction.

Thank you, to the picky 9.8-10 comic crew! You can leave these "scraps" to collectors like me, anytime!


Post 204 • IP   flag post
Pretty sure the Thing and my wife aren't the same height. PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
I won a couple this past week that I had missed out on multiple times



Post 205 • IP   flag post
657131 228 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?