Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Express Holiday Discount18824

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this on Facebook. I can hear my standard books slip another few months but for those that might be interested…

Basically $20 off Express submissions (the original price before they raised prices) and 50%/$200 off Premium tier to be applied upon receipt. No mention of discounts for Express Plus or Super Express tiers nor the final cutoff date

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, pretty sure whoever thought up this promotion is somehow unaware that people are bothered about getting their estimated 12 week books back 13 months after submitting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector timjr private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted my books for express (i.e. 22-418617D) and I was still charged full price. I contacted customer service but no one was there. Let's see if CBCS actually honors this promotion. Hopefully, it was just an oversight.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@timjr When did CBCS receive your books?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in 5 books and was charged normal price. I just got the email 15 minutes ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Email billing@cbcscomics.com

You might get some weird cannot be delivered email but I got responses from that address. My only other advice would be to tell them you'll send a check. Then do the math yourself or don't send the check until they correct the pricing. I've found that when you mess with the money, things can be accomplished.

Edit: Don't know if these cats are still there but doesn't hurt to reach out. Not exactly sure of the specific regions but whatever. Someone has to know something, right? This was from an email Steve Paulus sent out in March.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjr
I submitted my books for express (i.e. 22-418617D) and I was still charged full price.

The promotion states the discount isn't applied until CBCS receives your books. I'm sure that once they enter your order into the system you'll receive a refund.

Post 7 IP   flag post
My books were received today by CBCS. At least it says "received" on my dashboard within the CBCS website and the email sent from CBCS. I was still charged full price.

I will contact the Central U.S. point of contact (POC). Thanks Dudley! Update: that POC just forwards it to customer service. However, I did try that billing email. Like you said, I received an undeliverable reply. Hopefully CBCS responds to any of those emails.

Hopefully CBCS also refunds the additional charges. Express is expensive! I only chose express grading based on Black Friday savings.

Maybe checks are a better option to avoid inadvertent mistakes by CBCS. It would be better if CBCS allowed a code to deduct savings right away.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I was at the FAN ExPO in San Francisco last Sunday and dropped off (92) comic books and told the Brandon (CBCS) that he needs to tell his bosses about that. Express-Tier anything just pushes us back farther and farther. I have (2) submissions that are over a year and a few months. How much more am I going to be pushed back?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
Good News books are in grading.
Bad News no update on the Holiday Discount not being applied.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector spohn13 private msg quote post Address this user
I have sent in 10 books to be graded through 2 submissions and was charged full price and received no discount. Sent 2 emails and called one time and have not gotten any response. Hopefully they are monitoring the forum and see us wondering why.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spohn13
Sent 2 emails and called one time and have not gotten any response

This alone seems like a good reason CBCS should've had a discount code and billed the orders properly instead of charging customers and then refunding them once the orders are received. CBCS seems to be creating an awful lot of work for themselves..
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Hahahaha....Sad but true.
Post 14 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Yeah, pretty sure whoever thought up this promotion is somehow unaware that people are bothered about getting their estimated 12 week books back 13 months after submitting.

People definitely let them know when they posted this on IG, lol.

Felt kind of bad for the CBCS IG rep. Answering only select questions, of course.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
People definitely let them know when they posted this on IG, lol.

Felt kind of bad for the CBCS IG rep. Answering only select questions, of course.

Yep yep yep - I saw the responses on IG. Some were beyond quite pointed.
On the flip side, maybe that's where we all go now for customer service
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS does not want your New, Modern or Vintage books anymore. Just look at the TATs and Cost to go express tiers.

The message is “don’t even bother unless you’re serious.”
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
CBCS does not want your New, Modern or Vintage books anymore. Just look at the TATs and Cost to go express tiers.

The message is “don’t even bother unless you’re serious.”

This is 100% accurate
Post 18 IP   flag post
I got charged full price and didn't get the holiday discount. I guess I could dispute the credit card charge. Any other suggestions? I did email customer service but no reply.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hello,

I did message customer service and billing using the email addresses in the above thread from Dudley. Thanks Dudley!

Here are the responses from customer service and billing:

Cynthia from customer service refunded 20 dollars for each comic book submitted under express.

After an undeliverable message from billing, the billing office actually responded. They claim a promo code must be written on the CBCS invoice (submitted with the comics) to receive credit. However, I cannot find a single promo code in any advertisement of the Black Friday sale whatsoever from Beckett.

Good luck!
Post 20 IP   flag post
The post said no code discount would be given when books received.
Post 21 IP   flag post
CBCS has refunded the discount amount. Thanks
Post 22 IP   flag post
600650 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?