Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Slabbed heroes can you cancel orders18821

Collector actionnerdtoys private msg quote post Address this user
When I first got into this hobby I was recommended to check out slabbed heroes. I did and I ordered 6 slabs they were offering all new 9.8’s I.e. scorched 1 spawn universe 1 etc. anyway that was Jan 2022. Still waiting for my order with no updates at all. I wasn’t submitting them I was purchasing what they were offering.

I would like to just cancel as I see plenty of those already back and in the wild. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Cancel a grading order once it's been submitted?
Slabbed Heroes would probably give the same answer as CBCS & CGC.

No.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@actionnerdtoys
Oh dear. I just checked on reviews for Slabbed Heroes, and apparently there are some folks who gave them $$$ and now believe the business to be a scam. I question the 'scam' angle because the unsatisfied non-customers did get their money back, but it doesn't sound promising to me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
You mention you were purchasing what they were offering; so im assuming that it was a pre-sale?

If so, I have to assume Slabbed Heroes entered a submission to CGC based on their pre-sale purchases.

Canceling might be a problem in that case
Regardless, did you call them/email them to see if possible?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
Contact slabbed heroes. I had placed an order with them a few years ago. I waited close to 6 months. I noticed the books were showing up on ebay being sold through slabbed heroes. I contacted them to cancel. They got it shipped out the next day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
This company does not seem like a company I would do business in any way based on the few comments.

P.S. - Their website sucks
Post 6 IP   flag post
I agree with @Nuffsaid111 , to include assessment of the quality of the website. I will stop short of saying 'scam,' because the negative reviews all posted that they eventually got their money back, but it was after seeing the very items they ordered being sold online while their order remained unfilled. This doesn't sound like a scam, but rather a cruddy, greedy way to run a business. Whoever runs that website seems to have problems when the value of pre-sale items skyrocket and exceed the amount charged for pre-orders. Seller would rather keep the items, sell them for the higher price, and pray that pre-order customers cancel their cheap purchases.

Just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling this is what's happening.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I think you are spot on they use the money to buy the slabs. Sit on them and hope for cancels. Their webpage has ZERO contact info red flag I should have caught. The only email they provided was on their Instagram. I have emailed and will post the response if I get other wise. I will contact credit card company and pull the funding back. What sucks is the books ordered have increased in value and I will lose that but oh well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@actionnerdtoys
I almost had the same thing from another seller earlier this year. I purchased a couple of signed Neal Adams books... and then he passed away. Next thing you know, I see the books I bought up for sale at 3X the price I paid, and of course, my order hadn't been fulfilled (seller had more than one signed copy of those books). I sent a message asking about the status of my order and made sure to mention that I had paid for the items in good faith. A couple days later, my books were on their way.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Hotshot comics I think uses similar MO, except they count on the fact that your credit card ability to dispute will expire before you can dispute. They give a canned email response and don't return phone calls. I honestly don't know how these folks sleep at night.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ERB_in_CLT private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered a mystery box of raw books from Slabbed Heroes and that was fine.

But, shortly after, I noticed some - for lack of better word - unusual posts on their IG account. It doesn't matter if it was far left or far right, I would prefer to remain blissfully unaware of the affiliation of who I am doing business with.

At the very least, it doesn't show a lot of smarts to risk alienating half your potential customers right off the bat.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@ERB_in_CLT
Yeah... that was the other thing (the bit I didn't mention) I saw in the reviews. Seller appears to have some... strong opinions on things and it's not doing his business any favours.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Got an email back from slabbed heroes (see below)

I am satisfied with this quick response and will hang on a bit longer although at my age patience is so hard.

I've been sending out monthly updates with what is going on via mostly email and some IG/YouTube posts.
I'm going to assume you did not see them so please let me explain.
Starting in Q2 2021 CGC's turnaround went from 1-2 months to 8-12 months.
This caused a huge backlog as I literally pre-sold almost 4k books in that timeframe.
Most of these books did not start to begin completing the grading process until this Spring of 2022 (a year later), in which I sent out the first of the monthly updates in May with what the situation was and the initial goals of what I hoped to get shipped out. Since then I have sent out monthly updates for the past 6 months (the next one coming sometime next week). Due to this backlog I have been trying to play catch up as quickly as possible.

Also please let me address the "contact info" problem.
This email address is clearly posted in the neon green banner at the top of the website.
It is also clearly posted in the profile of my IG profile.
Additionally, I sent out a mass email (I'm going to assume you did not get that one either) back in the beginning of September as I had to change email addresses.

I'm not trying to be dodgy or steal anyone's money. I am just trying to work through this backlog as quickly as possible and I am happy to address any emails with questions/concerns as I am doing now.

Once books are submitted I cannot recoup the grading fees so it is asked that refunds not given once books have been submitted as stated in the listing description.

Below is a screenshot of the last email I sent out at the beginning of this month along with the a YouTube link of the video I posted back in September.

I hope you understand if you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Nick
bold text
Post 13 IP   flag post
It sounds like the guy's being open about it, and since all the negative reviews I've seen for this business have clearly stated they got their money back, I'd give it a bit more time if they were my books, too. Not sure how much time, but bit more at least.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Very well thought out and heartfelt response. Impressive.

I'm still not buying from him/them though
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Very well thought out and heartfelt response. Impressive.

I'm still not buying from him/them though

No argument here. I won't be buying from that seller either.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600790 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?