Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help Needed

Werewolf By night #1 Grade?18817

Collector Flip1987 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys, could you tell me an aproximate grade on this one?
My Guess its between a 4.0 to a 5.0.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as none of those spine creases actually tore through the cover, I'd say a 4.0.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
My gut says 4.0 as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thelastpearce private msg quote post Address this user
You might be able to pull off a 5.0 out of it, some of those stresses are bad but overall the corners aren't too bad and the back looks pretty decent.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Problems seem concentrated on the spine (colour-breaking creases) and worn top edge. Otherwise the book is solid. Books at 4.0 tend to have at least a slightly worn look overall, and that's not the case here. If some of those creases are actually tears, then it's much more likely to be a 4.0, IMHO. If not, then 4.5 and maybe a 5.0 if the gods are smiling, but that's a lot of spine stress for a 5.0
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll go with 4.0
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I’m looking for one anyone have one graded or not let me know
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
@Flip1987

I pulled all the pics up on my desktop and magnified them, but you really need to post better pics. a single FC and a single BC pic and interior pic of the FC and BC are needed.

Hard to say without seeing the interior of the front and rear cover, as the top FC has some chips out, but it looks like it may just be creased back overhang (still intact, not missing chips).

Top BC does have what looks like a small chip out of the top middle of the BC edge.

Secondly, the spine stress looks pretty heavy but it doesnt look like actual tearing is an issue, just transverse color breaking spine ticks.

If no tearing is present and there's bent back overhang (not chips out), this is around a 6.0.

If all the issues I noted are present, it's a 4.5/5.0.
Post 9 IP   flag post
597868 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?