Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

2022 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Discount18784

Collector daffsters private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know what actual discount percentage that CBCS is offering? I find their statement that this unknown discount amount will appear after the comic has been submitted to be a little secretive.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks, Caffeine_Kid!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Caffeine_Kid You must be on some sort of super special mailing list, because I received no such message and I cannot find this on the CBCS website.

IMHO, all the discount does is finally make the grading prices CBCS charges roughly equal to competing CGC tiers. Modern FT is $39 and takes literally a few days (reg Modern at $24 is a couple of weeks). Economy FT takes a month and is $50. At least Vintage Express is now less than CGC's Standard tier. Unfortunately, CBCS's shipping - FedEx just like CGC - remains substantially more expensive - especially so if insurance is purchased.

I don't mean to throw shade on CBCS on their own forum. I still use them. But for the last 18 months - until about three months ago - I was sending a LOT of books to CBCS for my clients. That has shrunk drastically due to CBCS's new pricing structure for grading and shipping. It's a tough sell to get people to pay more for #2.

I should also mention - on the behalf of a couple of clients that submitted books starting Sept 2021 through Feb 2022 that they are NOT amused at any specials offered. They have contacted me complaining that CBCS needs to grade THEIR books before running sales to get more still.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Normally I wouldn't use CBCS for all of the reasons mentioned, but I need signature verification for some comics that are unwitnessed (I got them in person over 10 years ago). Unfortunately, only CBCS offers this service.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffsters
Normally I wouldn't use CBCS for all of the reasons mentioned, but I need signature verification for some comics that are unwitnessed (I got them in person over 10 years ago). Unfortunately, only CBCS offers this service.

If only CBCS had enough self-respect to give the finger back to you and kick your ass to the curb. I'd probably respect them enough to start submitting again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffsters
I got them in person over 10 years ago

If you've already waited 10 years, do you really "need" to submit them this instant. If you dislike CBCS that much, why don't you just wait it out up to 10 more years and maybe your preferred comic book slabber will have authentication services available by then.

At least you're not going the qualified label route with the other guys, which generally kills the value of books. I hope you also take up your disapproval with CGC's lack of authentication services on their forum.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Caffeine_Kid private msg quote post Address this user
Scroll down (way down) on this page.

https://beckett.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=promotion_email&utm_campaign=BlackFridaypromo2022_email
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
How do you claim the discount? I have some signature verifications I'd like to send in but I'd like to get them pressed too, is it any submission form created thjis weekend counts even if they get the books in 2 months time?
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Coldbobt - Usually they go by the date your package was shipped as the cut-off date.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Coldbobt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Coldbobt - Usually they go by the date your package was shipped as the cut-off date.

Ah, so probably not enough time to send them to a presser...
Post 11 IP   flag post
601518 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?