Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Darkhawk #21 (direct). This issue is Return to Forever!: The Darkhawk Origin, Part 1. It features appearances by Spider-Man and Hobgoblin.

VF-, no better. Too many ink-breaking spine creases on this one as well.

$2

Post 776 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Darkhawk #22 (direct). This issue is Return to Forever!: The Darkhawk Origin, Part 2. It features appearances by Ghost Rider and Captain America.

VF+, or better. A press will help here.

$3

Post 777 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #23 (direct). This issue is Return to Forever!: The Darkhawk Origin, Part 3. It features appearances by Punisher and Captain America.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. There are a couple of very light ink transfers along the spine that keep this one down in grade.

$3

Post 778 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #24 (direct). This issue is Return to Forever!: The Darkhawk Origin, Part 4. It features appearances by Evilhawk and Tombstone.

VF+, or better. This one may press out to a higher grade.

$3

Post 779 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #25, with red foil cover (direct). This issue is Return to Forever!: The Darkhawk Origin, Part 5. It features the 1st appearance of Osch, as well as the origin of the Darkhawk armor. It also has a gatefold, 4-page pull-out poster with highlights from the first 24 issues.

VF, maybe better. There is some light spine wear near the top corner, but there are pressable defects as well. This may not get higher than an 8.0.

$4

Post 780 IP   flag post

That's all for today...my back is killing me. I'll have another sequentially numbered lot to list next time.
Post 781 IP   flag post
This next sequential run of thirteen Darkhawk comics, issue #27 to #39, is being sold as a 'lot', or as individually listed. Issues #35 to #37 feature the return of Venom. By the lot for $20 shipped, or as priced separately.

Darkhawk #27 (direct). This issue features an appearances by The New Warriors.

VF+, or better. Press out the spine roll!!

$3

Post 782 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #28 (direct). This issue features an appearance by The New Warriors.

VF+, or better. Press it!!!

$3

Post 783 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #29 (direct). This issue features appearances by The New Warriors and the Fantastic Four.

VF, or better. The back cover shows a few mild areas of 'wrinkling', including the top edge near the spine corner. A press should help.

$2

Post 784 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #30 (direct). This issue is an Infinity Crusade crossover, and it features numerous appearances by Marvel characters, including Spider-Woman and Hulk.

VF+, or better. Yup....press it.

$3

Post 785 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #31 (direct). This issue is an Infinity Crusade crossover, and it features numerous appearances by Marvel characters, including Spider-Woman and Vision.

VF, no better. The top right corner of the front shows some mild rippling and a bit of wear, while the back shows a few spots of very light wear. Even with a press, I don't think this one will get much above an 8.0

$2

Post 786 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #32 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Savage Steel.

VF, no better. Some light wear shows on the front at the bottom spine corner, as well as a few spots of very light wear along the spine on the back.

$2

Post 787 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #33 (direct). This issue features an appearance by the Avengers.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help.

$3

Post 788 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #34 (direct). This issue features an appearance by the ‘Cuda.

VF, no better; off-white to white pages. Another good pressing candidate, except for the light wear along the top part of the spine on the back.

$2

Post 789 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #35 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Venom.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help, but there are enough ink-breaking dings and spine creases to keep this one from getting much higher in grade.

$6

Post 790 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #36 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Venom.

VF+, or better. There is a very mild spine roll that will press out.

$7

Post 791 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #37 (direct). This issue features appearances by Venom and Captain America.

FN/VF, or better. There are a couple ink-breaking spine creases, but the most obvious one actually breaks ink on the inside of the cover.

$4

Post 792 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #38. This issue features new armor for Darkhawk.

VF-, or better. The lower right corner of the entire comic has a bend crease through it that breaks ink on the back.

$2

Post 793 IP   flag post
Darkhawk #39. This issue features an appearance by Evilhawk. The original bound-in Marvel Masterprints promo card panel is bound in.

VF, or better. The back cover shows a vertical indentation along the spine caused by the card panel inside, along with a mild production crease just above the black border. A press may help.

$3

Post 794 IP   flag post
Darkhawk Annual #1 (direct). This issue features appearances by Iron Man and West Coast Avengers.

VF+, or better. This comic will benefit from a press, but the misalignment of the pages (evident on the back) isn't from a spine roll. This is a production defect, in my opinion.

$4

Post 795 IP   flag post
Darkhawk Annual #2 (direct). Originally polybagged, this comic features appearances by Dreamkiller and Savage Steel. The original polybag and trading card aren't included.

The ink-breaking spine crease seen on the front is actually a small tear through the entire comic, like somebody was trying to rip it in half like a phonebook. Lol.

FREE, with any purchase

Post 796 IP   flag post
Darkhawk Annual #2 (direct). Originally polybagged, this issue features appearances by Dreamkiller and Savage Steel. The original polybag and Dreamkiller 1993 Annuals trading card are included. I have two copies of this one.

VF, or better. A press will help each copy. I can provide scans of the second copy on request.

$4

Post 797 IP   flag post
That's it for Darkhawk!!! Be back soon!!
Post 798 IP   flag post
Okay, in order to max out this sales thread, and before I start another one, I've spent some time scanning some drek and odds & ends. I'm going to list that kind of stuff until I get to the maximum of 999 posts. Most of this stuff will still be Copper/Modern comics, with some older stuff thrown in.

I've come too far NOT finish this thread, even though I'm not selling much. That's okay though...you never know when someone all of a sudden buys 50 raw comics from you. Lol.
Post 799 IP   flag post
Dark Nemesis: Villains #1 (one-shot). This issue is part of the New Year's Evil skip-week event, featuring an appearance by the Teen Titans.

VF+, or better. A press will help, but the back cover shows a few spots of extremely light soiling and/or ink transfers.

$3

Post 800 IP   flag post
Dark Nights: Death Metal #6, Lucio Parrillo ‘B. Rex’ variant. This issue features a robot T-Rex with Batman’s consciousness. The cover is made of cardstock material.

NM-, or better. A press will help this one.

$5

Post 801 IP   flag post
The Darkstars #24. This issue is a Zero Hour tie-in.

VF+, or better. A press will help a bit, but it's hard to tell against the white if any of those spine creases break ink.

$3

Post 802 IP   flag post
The Darkstars #0. This issue is Zero Hour, featuring numerous DC superhero flashback appearances.

VF+, or better. Press it!!!

$3

Post 803 IP   flag post
The next seven listings are from my incomplete run of DC Challenge!, which is normally 12 issues. Below, I've quoted Wikipedia on what this mini-series entailed. It's actually kinda cool.

"DC Challenge was a 12-issue comic book limited series produced by DC Comics from November 1985 to October 1986, as a round robin experiment in narrative. The series' tagline was "Can You Solve It Before We Do?"

"The DC Challenge series was conceived during a rooftop party at the 1983 San Diego Comic Con. The premise of the series was that each chapter would be written by a different author and illustrated by a different artist. No consultation between authors was permitted. As well, each chapter would end in a seemingly impossible cliffhanger from which that chapter's author had to have planned a viable escape, and the name of the next chapter would be provided. Authors were free to use any character or concept from DC's then-50 years of publication, with the exception of those whose appearances they were currently writing. Mr. Giordano had been the original editor of the series, but turned the job over to Robert Greenberger before the first issue was published. The last issue of DC Challenge was a collaborative effort by six of the twelve writers."
Post 804 IP   flag post
DC Challenge! #5. This series features numerous DC characters, with this issue featuring Adam Strange, Doctor Fate, and others.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. There are some small spine creases that may or may not break ink. The back cover shows a few spots of very light soiling and/or ink transfers along the spine.

$3

Post 805 IP   flag post
600782 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.