Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to insert this here before I continue. The rest of my 1990's Superman-titled comics will have white pages, so I won't put that in the description from here on out. I will still check the pages and annotate the listing if they aren't considered white (in my opinion).

I am willing to provide scans/photos of pages for any comic on request. Just DM me...no problem.

I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving. Ours was quick and quiet...perfect for my wife and I. Lol
Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Superman #81 (direct). This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 15, featuring the origin of Cyborg Superman.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows a small production wrinkle to the left of the letter ‘S’ in ‘September’. It doesn’t appear to break the ink.

$6

Post 52 IP   flag post
Superman #81 (direct). This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 15, featuring the origin of Cyborg Superman.

The comic was signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding, with a Dynamic Forces COA #225 of 10,000.

VF, or better. The back cover shows a small area that was touched by someone that had some of the silver ink on their hand or finger and it transferred.

$30, or best offer

Post 53 IP   flag post
Superman #82, Collector's Edition with chromium cover. This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 19.2, featuring the return of the real Superman.

VF, or better. There is an indentation on the front near Cyborg Superman's right eye, but it doesn't break ink. The chromium also has some light cosmetic scratches/scuffs in spots...not uncommon. The back cover shows a production wrinkle near the bottom staple that doesn't appear to break ink.

$7

Post 54 IP   flag post
Superman #82 (direct). This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 19.2, featuring the return of the real Superman. I have three copies of this issue…no idea why.

VF, or better. The scans below are for the worst of the three comics defect-wise. The others are slightly better, but the price is the same.

$6 (each copy)

Post 55 IP   flag post

Issue #83 was sold some time ago, but I have a complete run of issues from #84 to #139 (including #0 between #93 and #94) before the next break in my series. I basically stopped buying comics en masse by the end of 1998, but there are other comics from this series after that...not many. I still have Annuals, one-shots, TPB's, and limited series for this title.

If anyone is interested seeing issues from #84 to #139 before I get them all listed, DM me and I'll accommodate with scans, grade, and price. Don't hesitate to ask questions either.
Post 56 IP   flag post

Post 57 IP   flag post
So, I have some free time this weekend and I'm going to continue listing each Superman comic individually. What the hell...I'll keep going until I max out the post count for the thread. Not today, of course. Lol.

Also, I'm going to make one more change before the thread gets any bigger. It's been driving me nuts since I started...I don't like the pricing scheme I set up. From now on, each comic listed will show the price NOT including the price of shipping via Media Mail. It was throwing me off, so I figure it's throwing everyone else off.

ALL COMICS LISTED BEFORE THIS POST...SUBTRACT $3 FROM THE LISTED PRICE!!!

I've always used $3 as the median cost for shipping one comic by Media Mail...paid by the buyer. I'd pay the remaining difference. I am still going to ship 5 or more comics for free up to 70lbs using Media Mail shipping, so it didn't make sense to show each comic price with M.M. shipping for that comic. Makes the comic look too expensive...in my mind. Lol.

Everything else still applies. If a buyer wants comics shipped by another method, DM me and we'll work it out. Buy less than 5 comics, it will only be $3 total for shipping (Media Mail). Any questions, or if anyone is confused, message me please. This will be the last change I make for this thread...I promise!!!
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Superman #1 (direct). This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Metallo, as well as his origin.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a mild vertical stacking indentation along the back left page edge.

$12

Please add to my pile.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Superman #1 (direct). This issue features the 1st ‘post-Crisis’ appearance of Metallo, as well as his origin.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a mild vertical stacking indentation along the back left page edge.

$12

Please add to my pile.

You got it, my friend.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Just FYI for all...Superman #1, #22, and #74 have been claimed.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Superman #84 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Toyman

VF, or better. The bottom staple is 'recessed' into the cover a bit.

$3

Post 62 IP   flag post
Superman #85 (direct). This issue features appearances by Toyman and Cat Grant.

VF+, or better. A press will help here.

$3

Post 63 IP   flag post
Superman #86 (direct). This issue features the death of the last Sun Devil.

VF/NM, or better. There are a couple spots of ink transfer or soiling on the back near the top spine corner. A cleaning should help this one.

$3

Post 64 IP   flag post
Superman #87 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Bizarro.

VF/NM, or better. A press will help here.

$3

Post 65 IP   flag post
Superman #88 (direct). This issue features the 'death' of Bizarro.

VF+, or better. A press may help a bit, but there are a few spots of very light ink rubs on the back along the spine.

$3

Post 66 IP   flag post
Superman #89 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Lex Luthor II.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. A press may help a bit here, but there is a slight production misalignment of the comic.

$3

Post 67 IP   flag post
Superman #90 (direct). This issue features appearances by Guardian and Dubblilex.

VF+, or better. A few very light ink rubs along the spine, as well as a mild bend crease near the bottom spine corner...both on the back cover.

$3

Post 68 IP   flag post
Superman #91 (direct). Lex Luthor II appears in this issue.

VF/NM, or better. A press may help the few spine ticks, but I think they all break the ink very lightly.

$3

Post 69 IP   flag post
Superman #92 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Massacre.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. The spine shows some light wear, and a press will help this comic.

$3

Post 70 IP   flag post
Superman #93 (direct). This issue retells Superman' origin. It also features an appearance by Supergirl (Matrix).

VF/NM, or better. The back cover shows a couple of light finger bends, but a press should get this comic into NM- territory, or higher.

$4

Post 71 IP   flag post
Superman #0 (direct). This issues is part of DC's Zero Hour crossover event. It features the true identity of Conduit.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows some very light wear all around. This could be production related, or it could be from long term storage with a board and bag.

$3

Post 72 IP   flag post
Superman #94 (direct). Conduit appears in this issue.

VF/NM, or better. The spine shows a couple spots of light wear. A press will help this one a bit.

$3

Post 73 IP   flag post
That's all for now...eyes are getting tired. Be back soon with more Superman!!!
Post 74 IP   flag post
Superman #95 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Brainiac.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. There are some areas of very light wear along the spine, especially near the top spine corner.

$2

Post 75 IP   flag post
Superman #96 (direct). This issue also features Brainiac.

VF/NM, or better. A few very mild finger bends/indentations that will press this one into NM- territory...maybe higher.

$3

Post 76 IP   flag post
Superman #97 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of Shadow Dragon.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner is a bit rough, and a press will help here.

$3

Post 77 IP   flag post
Superman #98 (direct). Shadow Dragon and Toyman appear in this issue.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. This comic is in pretty good shape, except for the bottom spine corner.

$3

Post 78 IP   flag post
Superman #99 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of Arclight.

VF+, or better. This comic could use a press for the vertical stacking roll shown on the front cover.

$3

Post 79 IP   flag post
Superman #100 Collector's Edition, with a prismatic foil-enhanced cover. This issue features the origin of Conduit.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The front cover, along the spine, doesn't look as bad as the scan. Light got inside the scanner because of the thickness of the comic, so most of what you see is glare. Unfortunately, there are a couple of finger prints on the front cover’s black background that may not thoroughly clean off.

$4

Post 80 IP   flag post
598073 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.