Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Action Comics #743 (direct). This issue features the origin of Inkling, as well as an appearance by Slam Brady.

VF, or better. The back cover shows a mild vertical scuff in the gloss, near the top left corner, as well as a few very light ink rubs along the spine.

$2

Post 376 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Action Comics #744 (direct). This issue features appearances by numerous DC superheroes, as well as an appearance by the Millennium Giants.

VF+, or better. The back shows very light soiling/ink transfer at the top staple.

$3

Post 377 IP   flag post
Action Comics #745 (direct). This issue features the original Superman in the 1970’s style art. The comic also features an appearance by the Prankster.

VF+, or better. The back shows very light soiling near the top staple, as well as a couple spots of very light scuffing to the gloss.

$3

Post 378 IP   flag post
Action Comics #746 (direct). This issue features the original Superman in the 1970’s style art. The comic also features an appearance by the Prankster and Lana Lang.

VF, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples, as well as a few cosmetic scuffs/scratches.

$2

Post 379 IP   flag post
Action Comics #747 (direct). This issue features the original Superman in the 1970’s style art. The comic also features an appearance by the Prankster.

VF, or better. Both covers show very light ink rubs and/or transfers near the staples.

$2

Post 380 IP   flag post

This comic is the last of the 18-issue lot/run that I mentioned on page 15.

Action Comics #748 (direct). This issue features Superman, Superman Red, and Superman Blue.

VF-, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples, as well as a couple production wrinkles that barely break ink.

$2

Post 381 IP   flag post
Action Comics Annual #5 (direct). This issue is a Bloodlines: Earthplague story, featuring the 1st appearance, and origin of, Loose Cannon.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows a small ink-breaking crease at the bottom spine corner. The back also shows a long scuff/scrap near the spine and top spine corner that has rubbed a bit of ink off in places.

$2

Post 382 IP   flag post
Action Comics Annual #6 (direct). This issue is an Elseworlds story.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The entire bottom right corner of the comic has a mild bend through it that barely breaks ink on either cover…if at all. Press it!!!

$2

Post 383 IP   flag post
Action Comics Annual #7 (direct). This issue is a Year One story featuring Superman’s first year on Earth.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows extremely light ink rubs near the staples. The bottom spine corner shows a very small tear in the paper's surface, not the entire corner.

$3

Post 384 IP   flag post
Action Comics Annual #8 (direct). This issue is a ‘Legends of the Dead Earth’ story, featuring Bizarro.

VF, or better. Both covers show a small production wrinkle. The one on the back is just inside the red shirt of the skater’s right shoulder. The one on the front is in roughly the same spot, opposite the back cover. The back also shows light ink transfers near the staples.

$2

Post 385 IP   flag post
Action Comics Annual #9 (direct). This issue is a ‘Pulp Heroes’ story, featuring Superman Blue and Brother Serenity.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows a very mild edge bend along the bottom edge near the left corner that can be pressed out.

$3

Post 386 IP   flag post
That's all of my Action Comics...whew!!!

Next up are the last remaining raw Spawn comics that I have. I do have some CGC graded copies in my other sales thread, and most of those are signed by McFarlane and/or Mattina.

After I list these three, I'm going to stop for the day and figure out what to list next that's a long-running series from my collection.
Post 387 IP   flag post
Spawn #22 (direct). In this issue, Overt-kill is rebuilt. This issue was originally published before issues #19 and #20.

VF-, no better. Most of the pages are colored, but the few that have a white background show just the lightest bit of tanning near the top edges. Both covers show some very light ink rubs/scuffs in spots around the black background. I don't see this comic going higher than a 7.5...in my opinion.

$4

Post 388 IP   flag post
Spawn #112, rare UPC 'newsstand' variant. This 1:100 variant is a hard to find, with a low print run. It also contains a tribute to all victims of 9/11, their families, and their loved ones.

FN/VF, no better. What few white pages there are...mostly white versus off-white. You can pretty much see all the defects with this one...a press will help minimally.

$15

Post 389 IP   flag post
Spawn #284, cover A. This issue’s cover was done by Francesco Mattina.

VF+, or better. Mainly ink-breaking spine creases with this one.

$4

Post 390 IP   flag post
Okay, gang...this thread still hasn't seen a lot of action. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm not surprised nor disappointed. I know how things work, but it's a labor of love and a hobby for me. It's not a real money maker.

I've decided to list all my Ghost Rider stuff (flamehead), a lot of which are already scanned (I promise). I have a chitload of G.R. and G.R. titles so this will take a little time. If the Ghost Rider stuff doesn't kickstart this thread after they are all posted, I will most likely stop the thread. It's a lot of work without a lot of reward, but I'm okay with that.

I will attempt to break up numerical runs into 'lots' like before, but continue to list each issue separately in case someone just needs fillers. There's a lot to come, so please be patient. Looking for any issues in particular? Don't hesitate to message me.

Remember, shipping is free via Media Mail up to 70lbs. Any other method of shipping, DM me.

Let's start off with a unique Ghost Rider comic from Italy...
Post 391 IP   flag post
Ghost #8, Marvel Italia. The cover is glossy cardstock material.

This book is a combination of three different comics, Nightstalkers #9/10, Ghost Rider #40, and Darkhold #11. It's a thick comic. I found this book at an outdoor news stand in Naples, Italy during my travels through Europe in the 1990’s. I just had to have it!!!

VF-, no better. There are a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break ink, and the creases themselves are a half inch or larger, but the ink-breakage is near the spine only. The top and bottom page edges of both covers show some very mild wear, probably due to vertical positioning in the comic racks. Along with a few other defects, I don't see this one getting much better than a 7.5.

$10

Post 392 IP   flag post
I only have a couple issues from the 1st series, then I will continue with the 2nd series.

Ghost Rider #60 (1st series). This direct edition issue features the 1st appearance of The Destroyer of Demons, as well as an appearance by Black JuJu.

VF, or better; cream pages to off-white pages. This comic is in pretty good shape, but notice the very light soiling and/or ink transfers in spots around the white background of the back cover. There is a slight production miscut.

$8

Post 393 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #79 (1st series). This newsstand issue features the 1st appearance of Freakmaster.

VG/FN, or better; cream pages. This one isn't in quite as good as the previous, but it has potential after a clean and press. Notice the ink-breaking bend at the top right corner of the front cover.

$6

Post 394 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider 2nd series starts here. I already sold issue #1, so the next eight issues are in numerical sequence and will be sold as a 'lot', or as individually priced. The issues are #2 to #9, including a 1st print #5 and a newsstand #9.

The first ten issues of this series sell for more than what some folks may think, at least according to eBay. Lol. This total 'lot' price is negotiable, so don't hesitate to message me with an offer.

This eight-issue lot is available for $70 shipped (o.b.o.). See the individual listings below to understand more about why these issues are more valuable (in my opinion).
Post 395 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #2 (direct). This series features Danny Ketch as the new Ghost Rider, while this issue features the 1st appearance of Blackout.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Aside from the obvious defects shown, both staples also show a few spots of light oxidation.

$15

Post 396 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #3 (direct). This issue features appearances by Blackout and Deathwatch.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows a few spots of very light ink rubs along the spine. A press will help this one.

$12

Post 397 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Mr. Hyde.

This comic was harder to find when released because it was initially overlooked by comic buyers as it came out on the same day as Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man #1, and was under-ordered in relation to Ghost Rider's rapidly spreading popularity.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. Press it!!!

$20

Post 398 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #5 (direct). This issue is a 1st print copy, and it features an appearance by Punisher.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Along with other minor defects, the bottom spine corner shows mild impact damage, while the back cover shows some light edge wear near the top spine corner.

$10

Post 399 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #6 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Punisher.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Give it a press!!!

$5

Post 400 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #7 (direct). This issue features the 'death' of Barbara Ketch.

VF-, or better. Along with other minor defects, the back cover also shows a few spots of very light ink rubs along the spine.

$4

Post 401 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #8 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Blackout.

FN/VF, no better; off-white pages. Both covers show light ink rubs along the spine, with the front cover showing what looks to be fingerprints that removed ink. This comic was purchased as a back issue…I would NEVER leave fingerprints like that!!! (tsk, tsk)

$3

Post 402 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #9 (newsstand). This issue features an appearance by X-Factor.

FN/VF, maybe better; off-white to white pages. With some other minor defects, what looks to be a tear on the front cover at the top spine corner is actually just an ink-breaking scratch. A press will help a bit.

$5

Post 403 IP   flag post
Issue #10 was sold a while back, so let's continue listings with issue #11...

Ghost Rider #11 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Nightmare.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The back cover shows a very light vertical bend through the page similar to being in a polybag. I don’t this comic was originally in a polybag, and the crease doesn’t break ink. A press will help a bit.

$2

Post 404 IP   flag post
Ghost Rider #12 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Dr. Strange.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Along with the ink-breaking spine creases, the front cover shows a couple spots of ink loss near the spine, while the back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling/ink transfers.

$2

Post 405 IP   flag post
600782 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.