Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Action Comics #694 (direct). This issue features appearances by Hi-Tech and Bloodsport.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A press might help a bit.

$3

Post 326 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Action Comics #695, standard direct edition. This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of Cauldron. Lobo also makes an appearance.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. I almost gave this one an estimate of Near Mint minus, until I saw the very light ink rub on the back cover near the bottom staple. A press probably won't do much.

$4

Post 327 IP   flag post
Action Comics #696 (direct). This issue features appearances Champion and Outpost, as well as a cameo by Doomsday.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press may help a tad, but it won't help the ink-breaking edge crease on the back cover's upper left page edge.

$2

Post 328 IP   flag post
Action Comics #697 (direct). This issue is Bizarro’s World, Part 3.

FN/VF, or better. Plenty of ink-breaking spine creases, as well as mild drop damage to the bottom spine corner.

$1

Post 329 IP   flag post
Action Comics #698 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Guardian, as well as the villains D.N.Aliens.

VF-, or better. Ink-breaking spine creases/ticks.

$2

Post 330 IP   flag post

I'm starting to get into solid sequential runs with my Action Comics, so I'll try to let everyone know when I'll sell small lots at lower prices than what's listed for each comic.

For instance, issues #692 to #698 listed above...take all seven issues for $12 shipped.
Post 331 IP   flag post
That's all for today, gang!!!

A quick heads up: we've got a forecasted cold blast coming our way here along Colorado's Front Range starting late Wednesday until early Friday or so. We haven't seen weather/wind like this in quite a few winters, but we're looking at potential wind chills getting down to -45 here!!! It could be different though, so who knows for sure.

My wife has taken off of work those days because. We will be staying home, but I won't ship anything after this Wednesday afternoon until probably the following Monday. I've been in weather like this off and on here in Colorado the last 25 years, and in my military career (working in it!!!). Didn't like it then, definitely won't like it now. I know when it's stupid to go outside, even to the mail box. I grew up in Arizona for chrissakes!!! Lol

On another note, when my wife is home (usually weekends) we go feed a small group of feral cats about 20 minutes away near some hotels in town. We live in the county. I know she will want to try and feed them during this storm, but I've already started talking her out of it. You know the type...once they get it in their head, it's hard to get it out for them. We are asking a couple friends to try and trap as many as possible today through Wednesday, then we'll shelter them in our basement for a few days. They respond better to them and my wife. I'm a big scary guy I guess, so they don't come to me as easily. Assuming we're successful in catching even one, we expect some won't survive. That's what happens when people let their cats outside, or just plain abandon them. Spay and neuter your pets!!!

Okay, I'm done with my speech. Wish us luck!! I'll keep listing stuff until I just can't take the time anymore this week. A windchill watch has already been issued for Wednesday, so it could get bad. Or it could be a joke...bad forecasting. Lol
Post 332 IP   flag post
Action Comics #699 (direct). This issue features appearances by Supergirl (Matrix) and Guardian.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Drop damage/bend at bottom spine corner. A press will help minimally.

$2

Post 333 IP   flag post
Action Comics #699 (newsstand). This issue features appearances by Supergirl (Matrix) and Guardian.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Plenty of spine creases and a bit of light ink rubs along the spine.

$3

Post 334 IP   flag post
Action Comics #700 (direct). This issue is Part 1 of ‘The Fall of Metropolis’ and features the wedding of Pete Ross and Lana Lang.

I have two copies of this issue.

1st copy: VF, or better; off-white to white pages. A mild spine roll and an ink-breaking bend crease at the bottom spine corner. Press it!!!

$3

2nd copy: VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A few ink-breaking spine creases and some wear near the bottom spine corner of the back cover. A press will help.

$4

Post 335 IP   flag post
Action Comics #701 (direct). This issue is ‘Final Conflict: The Fall of Metropolis’. The comic features Superman’s Kryptonian war suit.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages.

$3

Post 336 IP   flag post
Action Comics #702 (direct). This issue features Bloodsport, as well as the Riot Grrrls.

I have two copies of this issue, both in similar conditiion.

VF+, or better. A few spine stress creases/ticks and mild spine corner blunting.

I can provide scans of the second copy on request.

$3 (each copy)

Post 337 IP   flag post
Action Comics #703 (direct). This issue is a Zero Hour tie-in, and it features Starro the Conqueror.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom corners show bend creases through the entire book, more so at the bottom right corner. A press will help.

$2

Post 338 IP   flag post
Action Comics #0 (direct). This issue is Zero Hour, featuring an appearance by Conduit.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom right corner of the entire comic has mild bend creasing that breaks ink on the back.

$2

Post 339 IP   flag post
The next ten issues can be purchased as a lot. It is a sequential lot from #704 to #713. Issue #714 is missing.

Buy all ten for $20 shipped, or individually as priced.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Action Comics #704 (direct). This issue is Part 4 of ‘Dead Again’ and features the Outsiders.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom right corner of the entire comic shows a very mild bend through it that barely breaks ink on either cover.

$2

Post 341 IP   flag post
Action Comics #705 (direct). This issue is Part 8 of ‘Dead Again’ and features Brainiac and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help this one.

$3

Post 342 IP   flag post
Action Comics #706 (direct). This issue features Supergirl (Matrix) and Conduit.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom spine corner shows light drop damage, which caused a very mild bend through the comic that barely breaks ink on both covers.

$2

Post 343 IP   flag post
Action Comics #707 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Shadowdragon.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom spine corner shows very light drop damage causing a small bend through the comic that barely breaks ink on either cover.

$2

Post 344 IP   flag post
Action Comics #708 (direct). The cover is an homage to Mister Miracle #6, and features Mister Miracle.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. There is a slight bend of the lower spine corner which barely breaks the ink on the back cover.

$3

Post 345 IP   flag post
Action Comics #709 (direct). The cover is based on Action Comics #688, and features Warrior (Guy Gardner).

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. The bottom spine corner has a subtle bend through it that barely breaks the ink on the back cover.

$3

Post 346 IP   flag post
Action Comics #710 (direct). This issue features appearances by Lois Lane and Metallo.

VF/NM, or better. If it weren't for the light wear on the spine, I would probably give this a NM- estimate.

$3

Post 347 IP   flag post
Action Comics #711 (direct). This issue features the death of Conduit. Shadowdragon also makes a brief appearance.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner shows very light drop damage, causing a small bend through the comic that very lightly breaks ink on the back.

$2

Post 348 IP   flag post
Action Comics #712 (direct). In this issue, Ron Troupe meets Lucy Lane for the first time.

VF, or better. The bottom spine corner shows a mild bend through the comic, barely breaking the ink on either cover.

$2

Post 349 IP   flag post
This is the last listing for the 10-issue lot mentioned above.

Action Comics #713 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Saviour, as well as a cameo by Bloodsport.

VF/+, or better. A few spine creases and a few spots of very light ink rubs on the back along the spine.

$3

Post 350 IP   flag post
Action Comics #715 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Parasite.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows a light ink rub near the top staple.

$3

Post 351 IP   flag post
Action Comics #716 (direct). This issue is The Trial of Superman, Part 4, and it features appearances by numerous ‘super’ characters, including Superboy and Supergirl.

VF-, or better. The back cover is the problem...you can see the ink rubs and scratches, light though they are.

$2

Post 352 IP   flag post
Action Comics #717 (direct). This issue is The Trial of Superman, Part 9, and it features appearances by Cyborg and Superboy.

VF+, or better. The bottom spine corner has a very subtle bend through it that doesn’t break ink. A press will help.

$3

Post 353 IP   flag post
Action Comics #719 (newsstand). This issue features an appearance by Batman, as well as Martin Luther King as a hallucination.

VF-, or better. The bottom spine corner has a mild bend through it that barely breaks ink on the back cover. A couple scuffs to the gloss can be seen on the front cover, near the staples. There is a mild spine/stacking roll.

$3

Post 354 IP   flag post
Action Comics #720 (direct). This comic is a 1st print copy.

VF, or better. The white cover looks pretty good, but the bottom spine corner has a mild bend crease that doesn’t appear to break the ink. The front cover shows a light vertical scratch/indentation between the center of the spine and the top staple, mainly affecting the gloss.

$3

Post 355 IP   flag post
601451 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.