Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
52, Week 31. This issue features the appearances by Adam Strange, Animal Man, Supernova, and Lobo. Freddie E. Williams, II also discusses the origin of Robin.

VF, or better. Both covers show very mild ink transfers and/or rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 301 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
52, Week 32. This issue features the appearances by Adam Strange, Animal Man, Captain Marvel, Jr., and Lobo. Cully Hamner also discusses the origin of Blue Beetle.

VF, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples. Both covers have a small production crease...the front one below 'Cully Hammer' and the back one just above the car's windshield.

$2

Post 302 IP   flag post
52, Week 33. This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Question, Batwoman, and Nightwing. Tom Mandrake also discusses the origin of Martian Manhunter.

VF-, or better. Basically, a press will fix a lot of defects with this comic.

$1

Post 303 IP   flag post
52, Week 34. This issue features appearances by Suicide Squad, Black Canary, and Steel. Brian Bolland also discusses the origin of Zatanna.

VF, or better. Both covers show very light ink rubs in spots along the spine. The back cover shows a very small bend at the bottom left corner...more like blunting.

$3

Post 304 IP   flag post
This is the last issue in the 7-comic run mentioned earlier. Also, I made a goof in that post, which I corrected. It's $10 shipped for all seven issues.

52, Week 35 (direct). This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Adam Strange, Starfire, and Steel.

VF-, or better. Both covers show moderate ink rubs near the top staple.

$1

Post 305 IP   flag post

52, Week 47. This issue features appearances by Batwoman, Steel, Robin, and Superboy. Karl Kerschl also discusses the origin of the Teen Titans.

VF, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 306 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
52, Countdown, Trinity, and Wednesday Comics were all really impressive experiments by DC. The weekly schedule was a really bold move, and (print quality of Wednesday Comics aside) the art and story quality of the books was great.
Post 307 IP   flag post
52, Week 52, final issue. This 52-page issue completes the series, with numerous DC character appearances. The year without Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman is over!!!

VF, or better. Both covers show very light ink rubs near the staples.

$4

Post 308 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42
52, Countdown, Trinity, and Wednesday Comics were all really impressive experiments by DC. The weekly schedule was a really bold move, and (print quality of Wednesday Comics aside) the art and story quality of the books was great.

I didn't complete the series, even though I've sold off other issues. I wasn't actively collecting back then, but I would pick one up to read...if I saw one. I always wanted to read the origin stories told by the comic contributors. Their point-of-view was unique.
Post 309 IP   flag post
Okay, gang...I'm going to list a handful of Action Comics now, then stop for the weekend. I have plenty to list, but in the big scheme of things, not as much as you might think. Lol.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Action Comics #596 (direct). This issue is a Millennium, Week 4 crossover and features an appearance by Spectre.

VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. The bottom staple is missing...it was never there. The top staple has a bit of oxidation on it. The cover does shift slightly because of the missing staple.

$3

Post 311 IP   flag post
Action Comics Weekly #611. This issue is features numerous stories, with appearances by Superman and Green Lantern, as well as Catwoman in a new costume. Action Comics #601 to #642 were published on a weekly basis.

FN/VF, or better; off-white pages. The scans pretty much show any defects. I press will help a bit.

$3

Post 312 IP   flag post
Action Comics Weekly #614. This issue is features numerous stories with numerous DC superheroes, including Nightwing and Catwoman.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A press will help minimally.

$3

Post 313 IP   flag post
Action Comics #646 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Brainiac.

VF, or better. A clean and press will do some good.

$3

Post 314 IP   flag post
Action Comics #666 (direct). This issue is Part 3 of ‘Red Glass’, and features numerous hallucination appearances by DC characters. The comic also features the 1st appearance of an unnamed alien.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. A clean and press will help some.

$2

Post 315 IP   flag post
Action Comics #673 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Hellgrammite.

FN/VF, or better; off-white to white pages. Along with spine creases/ticks and some light cosmetic scuffs and scratches, the front cover shows a mild edge crease on the right page edge.

$1

Post 316 IP   flag post
Action Comics #676 (direct). This issue features numerous cameo appearances by DC characters, including Supergirl. There are also a few 1st appearances by lesser characters.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A few spine creases that break ink, as well as light ink transfer on the back near the bottom staple.

$2

Post 317 IP   flag post
Action Comics #678 (direct). This issue features Supergirl (Matrix), as well as part of the origin of Lex Luthor.

FN/VF, no better; off-white to white pages. I purchased this one as a back issue years ago. It already had the ink rubs all over the back cover.

$1

Post 318 IP   flag post
Action Comics #684, 1st print (newsstand). Doomsday arrives in Metropolis and the battle ensues with Superman.

VF, or better; off-white to white pages. This issue will benefit from a press.

$10

Post 319 IP   flag post
Action Comics #687, Collector's edition. The book has a die-cut cover and features the 1st appearance of the Last Son of Krypton as Superman. He would later become The Eradicator. There is also a collectible poster on the inside of the comic.

I have three copies of this issue, with the worst of the three pictured below. To make things easier for everyone, I'm selling all three for the same price.

FN, or better. The defects are pretty obvious, but the other two copies are in better condition...more or less. If anyone wants to see scans of the better copies, let me know. Still the same price though.

$2 (each copy)

Post 320 IP   flag post
Action Comics #687, standard direct edition. This issue features the 1st appearance of the Last Son of Krypton as Superman. He would later become The Eradicator. There is also a collectible poster on the inside of the comic.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. A press will help a bit.

$3

Post 321 IP   flag post
Action Comics #688 (direct). This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 5, featuring Guy Gardner and Last Son of Krypton.

I have two copies. I will provide scans of the other copy if requested, but they are similar in condition.

VF, or better. A press will help both copies.

$2

Post 322 IP   flag post
Action Comics #690 (direct). This issue is Reign of the Supermen, Part 13, featuring Last Son of Krypton (Eradicator).

VF+, or better; off-white pages. A press will help a bit.

$3

Post 323 IP   flag post
Action Comics #692 (direct). Clark Kent is found alive!! The comic features a cameo appearance by Doomsday…as a flashback.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. Plenty of small spine ticks, but a press may help a bit.

$2

Post 324 IP   flag post
Action Comics #693 (direct). This issue features Eradicator, as well as Rampage (Dr. Kitty Faulkner).

VF, or better. A press will definitely help this one.

$2

Post 325 IP   flag post
Action Comics #694 (direct). This issue features appearances by Hi-Tech and Bloodsport.

VF+, or better; off-white to white pages. A press might help a bit.

$3

Post 326 IP   flag post
Action Comics #695, standard direct edition. This issue features the 1st appearance, and death, of Cauldron. Lobo also makes an appearance.

VF/NM, or better; off-white to white pages. I almost gave this one an estimate of Near Mint minus, until I saw the very light ink rub on the back cover near the bottom staple. A press probably won't do much.

$4

Post 327 IP   flag post
Action Comics #696 (direct). This issue features appearances Champion and Outpost, as well as a cameo by Doomsday.

VF-, or better; off-white to white pages. A press may help a tad, but it won't help the ink-breaking edge crease on the back cover's upper left page edge.

$2

Post 328 IP   flag post
Action Comics #697 (direct). This issue is Bizarro’s World, Part 3.

FN/VF, or better. Plenty of ink-breaking spine creases, as well as mild drop damage to the bottom spine corner.

$1

Post 329 IP   flag post
Action Comics #698 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Guardian, as well as the villains D.N.Aliens.

VF-, or better. Ink-breaking spine creases/ticks.

$2

Post 330 IP   flag post
600856 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.