Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
For SaleRaw Comics For Sale

For Sale: Copper/Modern Raw Comics---Massive Collection!!!18783

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #37, foil-enhanced cover. This issue contains the original Generation X gatefold bound into the comic. The non-foil enhanced variant does not. This issue features an appearance by Sabretooth.

VF, or better; off-white pages. A press may help a bit here, but getting better than an 8.0 is questionable.

$4

Post 276 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
X-Men #40, regular edition. This issue features appearances by Sabretooth and Cable. A deluxe edition exists that says 'Deluxe' on the cover, which contained a card sheet inside. It does come with the original comic subscription card bound in.

VF-, or better. The pages inside look to be cream to off-white, but the subscription card is almost tanned. It seems to very lightly affect the pages it is bound against.

$2

Post 277 IP   flag post
X-Men #41, deluxe edition. This issue features appearances by numerous ‘X’ characters. The original trading card packs are NOT included.

VF, or better. A press will help this one, especially with the small indentation near the top spine corner, front cover

$3

Post 278 IP   flag post
X-Men #41, deluxe edition. This issue features appearances by numerous ‘X’ characters. The original individually sealed Fleer Ultra X-Men card packs are still bound in.

VF, or better. There are enough spine creases and spots of very light ink rubs on the back to NOT warrant an 8.5...in my opinion.

$10

Post 279 IP   flag post
X-Men #45, enhanced cover. This comic is an Anniversary Edition and it has foil enhancements in the logo, as well as a double gatefold front & back cover. The X-Men features are Rogue, Gambit, and Iceman. The original Marvel Overpower game cards are NOT included.

VF+, or better. Both gatefold covers show a very small bit of ink wear on the corners. The interior pages that stick out from behind the gatefolds show very light edge bends. A press will help here.

$5

Post 280 IP   flag post

X-Men #54 (direct). This issue solves the mystery as to who Onslaught really is.

VF-, or better; off-white pages. On the back cover, below the bottom staple, there's a spine 'crease' that actually goes through the cover. It's not quite a tear, but you can see it on the inside of the cover.

$3

Post 281 IP   flag post
X-Men #1 (2019 series), Tom Muller 1:10 ratio incentive, design variant.

VF-, no better. The front cover shows a mild indentation that goes through the whole book, but it's difficult to see in the scans. It's in the lower right quadrant of the book, showing slightly on both covers. It does appear to slightly break the ink on interior pages, but not all of them. A press will help a bit, but I don't see the grade getting much higher than my estimate.

$3

Post 282 IP   flag post
Not much X-Men left to go, but I'll continue soon. I need to think of what to start listing next. Maybe I'll return to some DC stuff.
Post 283 IP   flag post
X-Men Chronicles #1 and #2 (direct). With a wrap-around cover, these issues are Part 1 and 2 of The Dawn of Apocalypse, featuring numerous appearances by X-Men heroes and villains.

Buy this set together, or individually, as priced below.

VF+, or better for both; white pages. These comics are pretty thick, but the defects (see scans) are minimal. Issue #1 has a few spots of very light soiling on the white background, while issue #2 shows some very light ink rubbing near the top staple, back cover. A clean and press for both may help a bit.

$8 for the set

$5 for each comic

Post 284 IP   flag post
X-Men Chronicles #1, 2nd print. With a wrap-around cover, this edition had a low print run and the only difference with this cover is that the background characters on both sides are printed in lighter colors than the direct edition. This issue is Part 1 of 2 of The Dawn of Apocalypse, featuring numerous appearances by X-Men heroes and villains.

VF/NM, or better. This comic is in great shape, except for areas of light soiling and ink transfers in spots on the white background...both covers. Clean it up for a potential NM-, or better.

$8

Post 285 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user

Books came today; if anything, the condition is better than described. Hopefully will have some time to read this weekend.
Post 286 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by James42

Books came today; if anything, the condition is better than described. Hopefully will have some time to read this weekend.

Thanks a lot!! Enjoy!! 🙂👍🤙
Post 287 IP   flag post
X-Men Classic #74 (newsstand). This issue reprints stories from Uncanny X-Men #170.

FN/VF, or better; cream to off-white pages. The back cover shows some very light ink rubs in spots along the spine. The lower page edge of the back cover is lightly roughed up. A press will definitely help this one.

$2

Post 288 IP   flag post
X-Men: Red #1. Jean Grey has returned!!! This ‘Legacy Headshot’ variant was done by Mike McKone and is the 1:10 ratio incentive variant.

VF/NM, or better. Press out the very mild spine/stacking roll and I believe you're looking at at least a 9.2.

$5

Post 289 IP   flag post
X-Men 2099 #1 (direct). The cover is blue foil with machinery border design.

VF0, or better; off-white pages. Without that very mild ink-breaking scratch on the back cover, this one could easily be an 8.0...in my opinion.

$4

Post 290 IP   flag post
X-Men vs. Dracula #1 (direct). This book is a reprint of X-Men Annual #6, featuring an appearance by Kitty Pryde.

FN/VF, no better. A press will help a bit, but there's too many defects to go above a 7.0...in my opinion. What you see on the back cover close to the bottom spine corner is a scratch, not a tear.

$4

Post 291 IP   flag post
That's all of my X-Men folks!!! Sorry it took so long. My wife is out of town for work, and I have to manage our household 'zoo' by myself, including getting woke up at all hours by a crying, old-fart cat. Lol.

Before I start in with the next comic title, I'd like to clarify something. Even though I'm not listing too many lots right now, that doesn't mean I won't sell lots. I'm listing stuff individually in case someone needs fillers for their own collection.

If anyone is interested in numerical runs of any titles I list, by all means message me and we'll discuss price. Back in the summer, a friend of mine bought 98 percent of my Detective Comics run, but he contacted me first and we made a deal. THAT was a large chunk of raws removed from my collection.

Action Comics listings will start soon, after my next series.

Enjoy!!!
Post 292 IP   flag post
For those of you that don't know, ‘52’ consists of 52 issues, published weekly for one year, with each issue detailing an actual week chronicling the events that took place during the missing year after the end of ‘Infinite Crisis’. The series covers much of the DC Universe, and several characters whose disparate stories interconnect. It was the first weekly series published by DC Comics since the short-lived anthology ‘Action Comics Weekly’ in 1988–1989. This series was published in 2006/2007.

This is not a complete run, so I will list them individually.

52, Week 4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Renee Montoya, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 3.

VF, or better. Both covers show a few spots of light soiling and/or ink transfers. A clean should help some.

$2

Post 293 IP   flag post
52, Week 5 (direct). This issue features appearances by Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Hawkgirl, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 4.

VF+, or better. The back cover shows very light ink transfers near the staples.

$2

Post 294 IP   flag post
52, Week 8 (direct). This issue features appearances by Green Arrow, Steel, and Stephanie Brown (as Spoiler and Robin), as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 7.

VF, or better. Both covers show either very light ink rubs or ink transfers/soiling near the staples.

$2

Post 295 IP   flag post
52, Week 9 (direct). This issue features appearances by Adam Strange and Animal Man, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 8.

VF+, or better. Very light ink rubs on the back cover at the staples.

$2

Post 296 IP   flag post
52, Week 10. This issue features appearances by Clark Kent and Supernova, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 9.

VF+, or better. Very light ink rubs near the staples, back cover.

$2

Post 297 IP   flag post
52, Week 27 (direct). This issue features the origin of Black Canary, told by Howard Chaykin.

VF, or better. Both covers show very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 298 IP   flag post
This listing starts a 7-issue numerical run, #29 to #35. Buy all seven comics for $10 shipped, or individually as priced for each.

52, Week 29 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of the new Jade.

VF, or better. Very light ink rubs near the staples, back cover. The entire bottom right corner has a very small bend through it that will press out.

$2

Post 299 IP   flag post
52, Week 30. This issue features appearances by Robin, Nightwing, Question, and Batwoman. Duncan Rouleau also discusses the origin of The Metal Men.

VF, or better. Very light ink rub on the back at the bottom staple, as well as a very small ink-breaking bend crease at the bottom left corner.

$2

Post 300 IP   flag post
52, Week 31. This issue features the appearances by Adam Strange, Animal Man, Supernova, and Lobo. Freddie E. Williams, II also discusses the origin of Robin.

VF, or better. Both covers show very mild ink transfers and/or rubs near the staples.

$2

Post 301 IP   flag post
52, Week 32. This issue features the appearances by Adam Strange, Animal Man, Captain Marvel, Jr., and Lobo. Cully Hamner also discusses the origin of Blue Beetle.

VF, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples. Both covers have a small production crease...the front one below 'Cully Hammer' and the back one just above the car's windshield.

$2

Post 302 IP   flag post
52, Week 33. This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Question, Batwoman, and Nightwing. Tom Mandrake also discusses the origin of Martian Manhunter.

VF-, or better. Basically, a press will fix a lot of defects with this comic.

$1

Post 303 IP   flag post
52, Week 34. This issue features appearances by Suicide Squad, Black Canary, and Steel. Brian Bolland also discusses the origin of Zatanna.

VF, or better. Both covers show very light ink rubs in spots along the spine. The back cover shows a very small bend at the bottom left corner...more like blunting.

$3

Post 304 IP   flag post
This is the last issue in the 7-comic run mentioned earlier. Also, I made a goof in that post, which I corrected. It's $10 shipped for all seven issues.

52, Week 35 (direct). This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Adam Strange, Starfire, and Steel.

VF-, or better. Both covers show moderate ink rubs near the top staple.

$1

Post 305 IP   flag post
600889 989 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.