Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor Sale

A Few Repeat CGC Slabs For Sale!!!18748

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Weapon X #1 (2017), Aspen Comics/Michael Turner cover B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings in the center of each side, as well as light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$70

Post 101 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
X of Swords: Creation #1 (2021), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ cover A.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are plenty of Newton Rings inside this slab, mostly in the front. The back side shows a few light scratches.

$55

Post 102 IP   flag post
X of Swords: Creation #1 (2021), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ virgin cover B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside this slab as well, mostly in the front.

$65

Post 103 IP   flag post
Black Widow #1 (2020 series), Little Giant/Peach Momoko variant. This cover is an homage to Marcos Martin's ASM #700 variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. The front shows a couple of small Newton Rings, while the back shows a couple of very mild scuffs inside the inner well.

$65

Post 104 IP   flag post
Batman #50 & Superman #50 (2011 series), Fried Pie Comics/Albuquerque 'connecting' variants. Both comics were signed by Rafael Albuquerque.

I prefer to sell these slabs as a set because they are 'connected', but I will sell them individually. Just DM me and we'll discuss price.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages (both). Both slabs show a small amount of Newton Rings and cosmetic scratches.

$135 (set)

Post 105 IP   flag post

Cable #150 (2017), Rob Liefeld lenticular cover. This 3-D cover is an homage to New Mutants #87, while containing a brief history of Cable.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. Inside the front are Newton 'streaks' along the spine of the front cover. Both sides show some mild scratches.

$115

Post 106 IP   flag post
Captain Marvel #1 (2019 series), Adam Hughes 1:25 incentive variant. This comic features the 1st appearance of Ripley Ryan.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as a few very light cosmetic scratches/scuffs on both sides.

$55

Post 107 IP   flag post
Captain Marvel #12 (LGY #146), Comics Elite/Unknown Comics Jay Anacleto 'virgin' variant. This comic comes with a COA stating it is #239 of 600 limited copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean slab, with just a couple of very small, very light scuffs on the back.

$60

Post 108 IP   flag post
Carnosaur Carnage, one-shot. This is a unique book by Atomeka Press (UK). The cover was done my Walt Simonson, and the comic is filled with black and white stories about dinosaurs. It is suggested for mature readers only.

This was a comic I picked up during one of the many times I was deployed overseas...meaning I purchased it in the UK.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front.

There still isn't any sales data for a CGC copy of this comic.

$75, or best offer

Post 109 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #2, Andy Kubert cover. 'From the Collection of Frank Miller', this copy is signed by Kubert, Miller, Janson, and Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a few Newton 'spots' in both sides, as well as some light cosmetic scratches. There are scuffs inside the inner well of the back. The comic also shifts slightly in the well. It's always been like that because I believe it was placed in a deeper-welled slab, which wasn't necessary.

$150

Post 110 IP   flag post
Despicable Deadpool #300, Tony Moore 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Yup...Newton Rings.

$45

Post 111 IP   flag post
These next two listings are for comics/mags that came as a set only. I'm listing them separately because of the grades.

Faro's Lounge Cosplay [nn], Jamie Tyndall X-23 cover A. This variant is limited to 250 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Pretty clean slab, except for a few small scuffs inside the back inner well.

$60

Post 112 IP   flag post
Faro's Lounge Cosplay one-shot, Jamie Tyndall X-23 edition B (limited to 250 sets with listing above).

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are a few small Newton Rings inside the slab, as well as a few light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

This comic was NOT pressed prior to submission, and there's no sales data on GPA for a 9.6. This grade is disappointing because a 9.8 sold for $120 a year ago, per GPA.

$45

Post 113 IP   flag post
Deadpool #1 (LGY #316), Scorpion Comics/DGC exclusive cover A. This Rob Liefeld variant has a COA stating it is #9 out of 1000 limited copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean slab, with only a few very light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$80

Post 114 IP   flag post
Demon Days: X-Men #1, Peach Momoko 1:200 incentive 'virgin' variant.

This comic is Peach’s first foray into interior comic work, which reimagines the X-Men in feudal Japan…including an appearance by feudal Venom.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean slab, with a few small and very light scuffs inside the inner well of the back.

GPA 90-day average shows this variant slowly going up in value, even if it's just a little bit. I encourage offers though.

$225, or best offer

Post 115 IP   flag post
DIE!namite #1, Peach Momoko 1:30 incentive ‘Red Sonja’ sketch, cover D.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is another clean slab, with a few very light cosmetic scratches.

$60

Post 116 IP   flag post
DIE!namite #1, Peach Momoko Red Sonja ‘Zombie’ virgin cover E. This variant is a limited edition cover.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small Newton Rings inside the front, as well as a few very light cosmetic scuffs and scratches on both sides.

I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again. I stopped subbing comics back in early 2020 when I finally became a victim to CGC's bullchit. I returned my last batch of 20 slabs for Mechanical due to fractured cases. This one is different...

This comic was handled poorly by CGC. It was pressed by Tony Starks in Spring 2020, so I know it was good to go. CGC caused a couple of very mild finger bends with this comic, one on each cover. It’s not a true 9.8 because of these bends. I did return it because of the fractured case, but they did nothing with it. They required proof that THEY did this. I decided NOT to hassle with returning it again for because I've had enough. I will NEVER send anything to CGC again, and I'm out of the slabbing aspect of comic collecting.

There isn't any 9.8 sales history on GPA's website for this variant, but because of the finger bends (which should press out nicely), I've dropped the price from what I was originally planning on listing. I may be generous with the right kind of offer. I'm losing my ass, but maybe someone out there will give this one a chance with CBCS.

$85, or best offer

Post 117 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #3, Midtown Comics sketch edition. 'From the Collection of Frank Miller', this variant is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a few areas of mild Newton Rings and spots inside the front and back, along with some cosmetic scratches. The inner well shows mild waviness on the front and back.

GPA shows no sales history since 2018 for this one.

$150

Post 118 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #5, Midtown Comics Sketch edition. This Greg Capullo variant is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings and spots inside the front and back of the slab...mostly the front. Both sides also shows mild cosmetic scratches.

$125

Post 119 IP   flag post
Dark Knight III: The Master Race #8, Andy Kubert cover. This comic is signed by Andy Kubert, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson, and Brian Azzarello.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are a few Newton 'spots' inside the front of the slab, along with cosmetic scratches on both sides. Again, this comic was encapsulated insider a deeper setup (not necessary) causing some mild scuffs inside the inner well. The comic does shift slightly inside the slab.

$130

Post 120 IP   flag post
Michael Turner's Fathom: Killian's Vessel #1. This variant was done for Wizard World Philadelphia 2007, V.I.P. Edition.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. There is a small Newton Ring spot inside the front, and both sides show light cosmetic scratches. This is an older slab, not the new crap CGC uses these days.

$75

Post 121 IP   flag post
Justice League Odyssey #2, Stjepan Sejic foil cover.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$35

Post 122 IP   flag post
Notti & Nyce #18 (volume 2), Comics Elite/Mike Debalfo cosplay variant. The cover is an homage to X-Men #5.

First ever exclusive for Comics Elite and only 200 were produced. Marat Mychaels signed his first name on it...that's how I received it from CE. Hence, the green label.

CGC Qualified 9.8, White Pages. There are a few cosmetic scratches and scuffs on both sides. You will notice the rough edge at the top of the front cover, near the spine corner. I believe I received it this way, before subbing it...I can't remember.

$50

Post 123 IP   flag post
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #297, lenticular cover. The cover is an homage to Captain America #260.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are some Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as some light cosmetic scratches.

$45

Post 124 IP   flag post
Justice League Dark #23.1 (2011 series), Mikel Janin 'Creeper' lenticular variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are some Newton Rings inside the front, as well as some light cosmetic scratches on both sides.

$40

Post 125 IP   flag post
Batman: The Blue, The Grey, and the Bat [nn]. This comic has an embossed cover and it is a one-shot story putting Batman smack dab into the middle of the Civil War. At present, there are less than 50 copies in the CGC census.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few Newton Rings inside the front & back, as well as a couple cosmetic scuffs.

$55

Post 126 IP   flag post
Batman Who Laughs #1, Scorpion Comics/Clayton Crain cover A.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. I didn't notice any Newton Rings, but both sides do have a few very light cosmetic scuffs/scratches.

$55

Post 127 IP   flag post
Batman Who Laughs #1, Scorpion Comics/Clayton Crain cover B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a couple of small Newton 'spots', plus a few very light scuffs/scratches...both sides.

$60

Post 128 IP   flag post
Batman Who Laughs #1, Scorpion Comics/Clayton Crain 'virgin' cover C.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. NO NEWTON RINGS!!! However, there are a few cosmetic scratches/scuffs on either side of the slab.

$85

Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up Hunt for wolverine #1 with the free slab from Galen. Seller super easy to work with. Prompt shipping. Well packaged. No complaints would highly recommend. Thanks again
Post 130 IP   flag post
598060 188 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.