Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor Sale

A Few Repeat CGC Slabs For Sale!!!18748

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Venom #155, Francesco Mattina lenticular variant. The cover is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #546.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as light cosmetic scratches on the case.

$50

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Venom #2, (LGY #167), Sam Keith 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

This grade was a disappointment. A 9.8, per GPA, has a 12-month selling average of $86. I lost my butt on this one. The last 9.6 that sold, per GPA, was back in 2018

$40

Post 52 IP   flag post
Venom #25 (Legacy #190), The Comic Mint/Shannon Maer cover A. This variant is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean slab, except for a few very light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$55

Post 53 IP   flag post
Venom #25 (Legacy #190), The Comic Mint/Shannon Maer cover B. This 'virgin' variant comes with a COA stating it is #213 out of 600 limited copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Another clean slab, with just a few very light cosmetic scratches and scuffs.

$105, or best offer

Post 54 IP   flag post
Avengers #8 (2018 series). This is the JScottCampbell.com 'Mary Jane' edition D variant. It is signed by Campbell.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$125, or best offer

Post 55 IP   flag post

Avengers #36 (LGY #736), Alex Ross Timeless ‘Ghost Rider’ virgin variant. This comic features appearances by Black Panther and Moon Knight.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There a few Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as a few cosmetic scuffs.

$45

Post 56 IP   flag post
Dark Red #1 (2020 series), The Comic Mint/Shannon Maer Anniversary edition, cover A. This issue is limited to 600 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a couple of very light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$60

Post 57 IP   flag post
Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy #1, Comics Elite/Dawn McTeigue cover A. This variant is limited to 3000 copies.

I have two slabbed copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There aren't any Newton Rings that I can see, only a couple of very light cosmetic scratches. Both copies look great.

$50, each slab

Post 58 IP   flag post
Harley Quinn & Poison Ivey #1, Comics Elite/Dawn McTeigue 'sketch' cover B. This variant is limited to 1500 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$65

Post 59 IP   flag post
Uncanny X-Men #22 (LGY #644), Comics Elite/Unknown Comics 'carnage-ized' exclusive. This 'virgin' variant was done by Jay Anacleto.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. This is a very clean slab, with maybe one or two very light cosmetic scratches.

$40

Post 60 IP   flag post
X-Men #2 (LGY #646), Unknown Comics/Jay Anacleto 'virgin' variant. This copy comes with a COA stating it is #512 out of 600 limited copies. This issue features the 1st appearance of the High Summoner of Arakko.

CGC 9.8, White Pages.

$55

Post 61 IP   flag post
X-Men #10 (2019 series), Comics Elite/Ryan Brown 'Marvel Zombies' virgin variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are no Newton Rings that I could see, but there are a few cosmetic scratches on both sides of the slab.

$65

Post 62 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2019 series), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ variant cover A. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small, mild Newton 'spots' inside the front.

$55

Post 63 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2019 series), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ virgin cover B. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White pages. I couldn't see any Newton Rings in this one.

$70

Post 64 IP   flag post
I realized something I need to change in my sale rules on page one:

No personal checks, unless it’s a very unique situation. Message me if you have questions. Sorry for the hassle. 🙂👍🖖
Post 65 IP   flag post
Action Comics #991, Bradshaw/Anderson lenticular cover. This issue is Part 5 of 'The Oz Effect' story.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a number of Newton Rings inside the front of this slab...difficult to see against the lenticular background.

$45

Post 66 IP   flag post
Action Comics #298. This issue features a cameo by the Legion of Superheroes.

CGC 5.0, Off-White pages. There are some very light cosmetic scratches on both sides.

This comic was one of my first forays into Silver Age comic collecting. I spent way too much on everything, even a clean/press. I'm losing my butt on this one...oh well. My loss is someone else's gain.

$40

Post 67 IP   flag post
Batman #92, Artgerm 'Punchline' variant (2016 series).

Just a bit of gee whiz: issue credits list Francesco Mattina as the artist for the variant cover, but the cover is signed by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau. This Artgerm cover was originally planned as a variant cover for issue #94, but was moved up to issue #92. However, the issue credits were not updated to reflect this change.

I have 2 of these slabs, but only pictures of one certification number. I can provide pics of the other slab if needed.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Both slabs shows a few very small & minor scuffs on them.

$50 (each slab)

Post 68 IP   flag post
Hunt for Wolverine #1, Steve McNiven sketch cover. This variant is a 1:50 incentive cover.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$55

Post 69 IP   flag post
Hunt for Wolverine #1, Elizabeth Torque 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are some Newton Rings inside, as well as light cosmetic scratches.

$30

Post 70 IP   flag post
Immortal Hulk #18 (LGY #735), The Comic Mint/Inhyuk Lee cover A. This variant is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few Newton Rings inside the front, along with a couple of light cosmetic scuffs.

$70

Post 71 IP   flag post
Old Man Logan #25, Leonard Kirk 1:10 incentive variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as a few light cosmetic scratches.

According to GPA, a copy of this issue hasn't sold since 2018. Lol

$45

Post 72 IP   flag post
Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha #1. With an acetate cover, this comic features appearances by Jackal and Spidercide...cameo appearance by Punisher.

I have two graded copies of this comic.

CGC 8.5, White Pages.

These comics were part of my initial trial grading run back in 2017. I was unaware of cleaning and pressing, and I didn't know that acetate covers can have issues INSIDE them. The first slab listed below (cert #1270289002) has a 'stain left bottom corner of back cover' and 'stain right bottom corner of back cover'...per the graders notes. I didn't see these stains then, and I don't see them now.

The second slab (cert #2041421021) has 'stains under acetate back cover' per the grades notes. Again, didn't see them then, and don't see them now.

Both slabs show some very light cosmetic scratches and/or scuffs, while the first slab pictured below has a few small Newton Rings inside the front.

There are actual sales values on GPA for an 8.5 graded copy...surprisingly. BUT, if a buyer purchases an item in this thread at full asking price, I will include one slab for free (one per transaction). Just mention this if interested so that I don't forget.

$30 (each slab) ONE LEFT!!!

Post 73 IP   flag post
Spawn #280, Scorpion Comics/Scott's Collectibles exclusive Francesco Mattina variant. This variant is limited to only 666 copies and is signed by Todd McFarlane.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. This damn thing is loaded with Newton Rings, but I don't normally send comics back for those. I probably should have for this one.

Per GPA, the last one of these sold for $280 back in August 2022.

$275, or best offer

Post 74 IP   flag post
Spawn #283, Francesco Mattina cover. This comic is signed by Francesco Mattina, along with a 'Live Rock' comment.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are some Newton Rings/spots inside the front and back.

$125

Post 75 IP   flag post
Spawn #284, Francesco Mattina 'virgin' cover C.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$45

Post 76 IP   flag post
Spawn #285, MegaCon 'virgin' exclusive. This Mattina cover is signed by Francesco Mattina, along with 'Live Rock'. This variant is limited to 666 copies.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. Guess what? Yup...Newton Rings inside the front and some cosmetic scratches on the back.

For some reason, GPA shows higher sales numbers for the trade dress copy of this comic (around $200). Make me an offer...

$150, or best offer

Post 77 IP   flag post
Spawn #293, Todd McFarlane cover C. This comic is the error edition, which means the interior pages were colored instead of being black and white.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are some small Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$60, or best offer

Post 78 IP   flag post
Batman/Superman: Futures End #1 (2014), Wil Quintana lenticular variant.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. Both sides show a few mild Newton Rings, as well as a few very mild cosmetic scratches.

$100

Post 79 IP   flag post
FYI…

Hunt for Wolverine #1, Torque variant…SOLD!!!

Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha #1…ONE GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE!!!
Post 80 IP   flag post
601487 188 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.