Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if a cleaning can remove pen ink? Or is pen ink permanent?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector rdowdy95 private msg quote post Address this user
Under the CBCS Comics | FAQ

https://www.cbcscomics.com/faq

General Questions:
Does CBCS do in-house pressing?

Answer needs to be YES with a little blurb about writing it on the invoice. This will help out new customers on your website.
Post 152 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously guys, did ya'll fire the webmaster or what? Let's get to crackin on some updates!
Post 153 IP   flag post
So, when will pressing get added to the checkout process?
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone gotten any update to books they sent in for the in-house pressing using the modern/regular grading? I sent in books for the in-house pressing service when it was first announced (end of December)...I was told I would get an email update when the pressing was completed, but haven't received any updated. My account lists them only as "submitted" which has been their status since received. I'm wondering what's taking so long when I should have been one of the first to use their in-house service (did they automatically start with a 2 month back-log on day 1?).
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they are still fine tuning the pressing process using your books 😎
Post 156 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Does anyone know if a cleaning can remove pen ink? Or is pen ink permanent?

Typically it is permanent so any attempt to erase can result in loss of paper if one gets too aggressive with the process.
Post 157 IP   flag post
In case anyone is interested in wait times on the in-house pressing service...My comics were received on 1/17...I added pressing to the invoice...they just were moved to the vault a few days ago...approximately 8 weeks to press.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio 2 months for pressing is the usual wait time for most pressers I've used. But some offer 10 day express for the same price CBCS charges for their regular speed. Waiting sucks, I know the feeling.
Post 159 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Thanks for the input...The intention of my post wasn't intended to be negative or positive, just informative.

I know that's typical from what's posted on competitor sites...I've been requesting that CBCS post turn-around times on pressing like others do with no response...so I though I'd just let everyone interested know what to expect here since this service is new.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Would be nice if CBCS would get pressing added to the shopping cart. And coupons, sometime this century.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a FF#36 and FF#45 that need pressing, looking for a good one I can trust, has economical pricing and has a great turnaround time.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
when do books being pressed show up on our accounts, and when do we pay?
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
is it possible to charge my card for the grading then once the press is done.... charge it again? dont like having to pay a big amount down the road just in case. i rather have half taken now for the grading then later for the pressing. that way i dont have to hold on to a big amount of money
Post 164 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
where is the option to add pressing? How do I get a book pressed before grading?
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
where is the option to add pressing? How do I get a book pressed before grading?

On the Invoice , just hand write "Pressing" thats what it says on page #1
Post 166 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Super official. Okay thanks
Post 167 IP   flag post
Still don't know why this hasn't been added to the shopping cart? Raw Grade got added day one.
Post 168 IP   flag post
If I submit a SS for pressing will CBCS honour the SS?
Post 169 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Yes.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Yes.

Tks
Post 171 IP   flag post
btw if i get my comics pressed will i be notified when the pressing is done? and also which comics got pressed? thanks
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
btw if i get my comics pressed will i be notified when the pressing is done? and also which comics got pressed? thanks

I don't think the system currently notifies you when books are finished in pressing. It will be put in as a feature in an upcoming update.

If you ask for your books to be screened, you will be notified of which will and will not be pressed.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant

I don't think the system currently notifies you when books are finished in pressing. It will be put in as a feature in an upcoming update.

If you ask for your books to be screened, you will be notified of which will and will not be pressed.

that's what i needed to know. thank you
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector SavageFinale private msg quote post Address this user
Can you have signatures verified before pressing?
Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageFinale
Can you have signatures verified before pressing?

Currently invoices are not processed in that order.
However, I will note this and ask for a process review to see if it is something we can possibly offer in the future.
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

If I send you a red, no need to re-verify correct?
Post 177 IP   flag post
Correct.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Can I send you my magazine format ninja turtle books for pressing but no grading? I have a Fugitoid signed by Laird that could use a pressing and also my signed Raphael and #1 second printings
Post 179 IP   flag post
Absolutely
Post 180 IP   flag post
600769 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?