Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks a young Steve Ricketts right there lol.
Post 126 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Came across this and thought it was a bit funny....

What's even funnier is that the book could use a press.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Ok, now I need to know what book that is?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Found this.

Post 129 IP   flag post

Post 130 IP   flag post

Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Came across this and thought it was a bit funny....

What's even funnier is that the book could use a press.

Oh yeah...many I just came across coukd use a few times thru...

Maybe a wholesale discount on quantity?

:o)
Post 132 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope they figure out a way to have pressed and non-pressed books on the same invoice. The reason I got from Customer Service for not doing it now is that the turn-around-times are completely different, which is fine but I can already put a 2-3 week reholder on the same invoice as a 12 week modern book, no problem.

I currently have a 9 book order I'm ready to send in but only want 1 book pressed. To do it at CBCS would require a new invoice and an extra, hefty, shipping charge.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
simple , wait until you have more books that need pressing so its "worth it"
Post 134 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I really hope they figure out a way to have pressed and non-pressed books on the same invoice. The reason I got from Customer Service for not doing it now is that the turn-around-times are completely different, which is fine but I can already put a 2-3 week reholder on the same invoice as a 12 week modern book, no problem.

I currently have a 9 book order I'm ready to send in but only want 1 book pressed. To do it at CBCS would require a new invoice and an extra, hefty, shipping charge.

That's a valid request. However, having been on this side of the industry, there is a tangled web of logistics when orders get split. This is the reason we stopped holding orders for shipping. It turned into nightmare for us to keep up with.

That said, I'll bring up your request with everyone to see what we can do. Maybe there's a compromise that would work for everyone.
Post 135 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve!
Post 136 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Stu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Sorry for all the questions.. But does your service address spine rolls as well? Is that part of the pressing process?

@stevericketts tackled a hell of a spine roll challenge on a book of mine. Just keep in mind that the book can only take so much and sometimes it's better to quit while you're ahead!

Not all spine rolls are created equal.

Post 137 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Sorry for all the questions.. But does your service address spine rolls as well? Is that part of the pressing process?

@stevericketts tackled a hell of a spine roll challenge on a book of mine. Just keep in mind that the book can only take so much and sometimes it's better to quit while you're ahead!

No, they certainly are not. Good lord that's brutal. Almost looks like two separate books. Can that be pressed out?
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Joe eats spine rolls like that for breakfast!!!
Post 139 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Joe eats spine rolls like that for breakfast!!!

LOL!!!! That's hilarious!!
Post 140 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

No, they certainly are not. Good lord that's brutal. Almost looks like two separate books. Can that be pressed out?

This is just the removal of the spine roll picture. It received a full press afterwards.

Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok Joey stop showing off….we all know you is king

Very very impressive btw
Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

This is just the removal of the spine roll picture. It received a full press afterwards.

Borderline sorcery!!!! Fantastic!!!
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector NormdaMarine private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I have a Tomb of Dracula #10 ALong with 6 other books) signed by Wolfman that I am stoked to see what you can do with it. The book is in pretty good shape but really excited about this...
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
@CFP_Comics
Maybe this question is impossible to accurately answer (because I know there are so many other factors) but just based on that spin roll alone, what kind of grade bump are we talking about here? .5? 1? or is it not possible to focus just on the one defect?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, just trying to get a better grasp of mid/lower grades.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector NormdaMarine private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Coming your way brother praying for a miracle!
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
@CFP_Comics
Maybe this question is impossible to accurately answer (because I know there are so many other factors) but just based on that spin roll alone, what kind of grade bump are we talking about here? .5? 1? or is it not possible to focus just on the one defect?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, just trying to get a better grasp of mid/lower grades.

It is on a case by case basis. I know in some cases it can be a grade jump as high as 2.5 to 4.5 or better. All depends on the book (as a book in this case would never have been slabbed as it sat)and the extent of the spine roll, the condition of the paper (and the paper around the staple).
Post 147 IP   flag post

[img]

@SteveRicketts Hey Steve....what do you think are the chances that you can clean the ink off this comic? It appears to be pen ink. Please see the red arrows pointing to the pen ink.

Thanks!!
Post 148 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC do you know just 20 people and have some spare time? That might just help pay for the press and slab there 😁

*what does that say in the address field, i cant quite make it out but it looks like a joke maybe
Post 149 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer LOL!!!!!!!!! I do know about 20 people but sadly none of them are worth my spare time! I kid!!

It is hard to make out:

Bruce Ransher
star vumorior (?? I can't make out what word its supposed to be).
Post 150 IP   flag post
Does anyone know if a cleaning can remove pen ink? Or is pen ink permanent?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector rdowdy95 private msg quote post Address this user
Under the CBCS Comics | FAQ

https://www.cbcscomics.com/faq

General Questions:
Does CBCS do in-house pressing?

Answer needs to be YES with a little blurb about writing it on the invoice. This will help out new customers on your website.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Seriously guys, did ya'll fire the webmaster or what? Let's get to crackin on some updates!
Post 153 IP   flag post
So, when will pressing get added to the checkout process?
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone gotten any update to books they sent in for the in-house pressing using the modern/regular grading? I sent in books for the in-house pressing service when it was first announced (end of December)...I was told I would get an email update when the pressing was completed, but haven't received any updated. My account lists them only as "submitted" which has been their status since received. I'm wondering what's taking so long when I should have been one of the first to use their in-house service (did they automatically start with a 2 month back-log on day 1?).
Post 155 IP   flag post
600914 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?