Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector gary_k private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Truly fantastic work!! Very very impressive indeed!! These pictures should be up on your site to promote your new pressing service. Your pressing skills are truly incredible!

a website update ! come on your asking for a miracle lol , but yeah nice work Steve looks good
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding the price tier on pressing/screening, so it's basically $5 to get the professional opinion on if the book would benefit from pressing, or $12 to go ahead and have it pressed/cleaned? That being the Modern Tier, correct? If a person opts for the $5 screening and they say yes to pressing, are they charged $7 more or the $12 amount, thus costing the person $17 for the screening/pressing?
Post 102 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Regarding the price tier on pressing/screening, so it's basically $5 to get the professional opinion on if the book would benefit from pressing, or $12 to go ahead and have it pressed/cleaned? That being the Modern Tier, correct? If a person opts for the $5 screening and they say yes to pressing, are they charged $7 more or the $12 amount, thus costing the person $17 for the screening/pressing?

Yes, correct.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Okay...where do I sign up?????

:o)
Post 104 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Now that you have pressing do you think CBCS will ever introduce a cleaning service? You'd be a "one stop shop" and the only game in town with a press, clean and sig verification service.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
are they charged $7 more or the $12 amount, thus costing the person $17 for the screening/pressing?

Yes, correct.

Which?
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@SteveRicketts Now that you have pressing do you think CBCS will ever introduce a cleaning service? You'd be a "one stop shop" and the only game in town with a press, clean and sig verification service.

You know, I assumed that was implied.
Yes, the pressing includes dry cleaning.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:
Quote:
are they charged $7 more or the $12 amount, thus costing the person $17 for the screening/pressing?

Yes, correct.

Which?

Screening is an additional charge.
Post 108 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

You know, I assumed that was implied.
Yes, the pressing includes dry cleaning.

Okay...now we're talking.. My apologies, it didn't occur to me that the pressing included cleaning. Your price now is very competitive and your work is clearly top notch. I'll be sending all my books to you for the full service. That's amazing!!!!
Post 109 IP   flag post
Sorry for all the questions.. But does your service address spine rolls as well? Is that part of the pressing process?
Post 110 IP   flag post
It does. I don't mind the questions at all. If you have a question, by all means, ask.
Post 111 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, who's going to start the Steve Ricketts Facts thread to replace the Steve Borock Facts thread?
Post 112 IP   flag post
There doesn't appear to be an option for Press/Clean through the "Submit Comics" avenue on the website.

How or where do I add this service to my submission?

Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector huskershawn69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
There doesn't appear to be an option for Press/Clean through the "Submit Comics" avenue on the website.

How or where do I add this service to my submission?

Yes, how do we submit books for the pressing/dry cleaning add on option for grading? I have some books that are ready to go.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector SavageFinale private msg quote post Address this user
For the time being write that you want it pressed on your printed invoice.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Yes, just write what you want pressed on the invoice and we'll bill you for it once it gets pressed.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
As someone who is one of the first (I believe) to opt in on Steve's/CBCS's in-house pressing services I want to share my experience/lessons learned thus far.

I had just submitted 5 books for grading (they were in transit to CBCS) when the in-house pressing was offered...therefore I did not write it on the invoice. I emailed CBCS customer service to tell them to add pressing to 2 (of the 5) books.

They did add it to my order...however when you request pressing on less than the total order, CBCS will break up the order into separate invoices. That means you're going to get charged for two return shipments (not one).

So be aware. I called up after I saw two invoices show up under my submissions and asked for more information. The story is that they are treating pressing as separate invoices from non-pressing...and this is consistent with how they handled it with past invoices when they farmed out the pressing. This was my first CBCS submission so I did not know this.

One might thing "big deal...it's just another $20)...but the reason I submitted 5 comics was that I did it under the "20% discount with 5 or more submissions" promotion...so breaking them up into 2 and 3 item invoices also has me losing that discount...so in the end the simple request to add pressing is costing me about $50 more than I thought it would.

I'm not blaming CBCS for the confusion...part of it was my fault not asking about what adding the pressing would do to complicate my order and discount...in fact, I spoke to customer service and I believe they understood and (being a first time customer) are going to work with me and see if they can re-combine the order back together and also hopefully I can get my discount too. I was told to call back once I got the email the pressing was completed.

Bottom line...before writing "add pressing" to your invoice...you might want to talk to customer service and avoid a misunderstanding given CBCS is still working out the logistics.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to press books with foil covers?
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven

Good question
Post 119 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven

Good question

+1 Um yeah great question, I probably should have asked that as well before boxing up my latest submission 😳

I've got a Gambit with a very tiny dent right at the top edge, hoping the budget allows me to send it all next week
Post 120 IP   flag post
There are some things that can be improved on foil covers, but varies from case to case.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Sorry for all the questions.. But does your service address spine rolls as well? Is that part of the pressing process?

@stevericketts tackled a hell of a spine roll challenge on a book of mine. Just keep in mind that the book can only take so much and sometimes it's better to quit while you're ahead!
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector mora1618 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry I come late to this conversation, so can I send my books to CBCS to press and clean pior to be slab? also I can ask about for a profesional opinion?

How exactly I do that? I send 2 weeks ago a couple of books can I ask for them this service?
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mora1618
Sorry I come late to this conversation, so can I send my books to CBCS to press and clean pior to be slab? also I can ask about for a profesional opinion?

How exactly I do that? I send 2 weeks ago a couple of books can I ask for them this service?

what you need to do is send an email to customer service with your invoice number and which books you want pressed and what service. Likely with their back log you can still request this, however your books will move to the back of the line, I believe, after they are back from pressing.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Came across this and thought it was a bit funny....

Post 125 IP   flag post
@ZosoRocks a young Steve Ricketts right there lol.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
Came across this and thought it was a bit funny....

What's even funnier is that the book could use a press.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Ok, now I need to know what book that is?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Found this.

Post 129 IP   flag post

Post 130 IP   flag post
600891 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?