Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbush
Ok thanks. The original tier price was $34, press/screen $35, shipping $23 for the $92 dollars. Was already charged that and I guess I'll wait and see what the extra 30 was for.

Sounds like a mistake but youll have to ask. Did you ship to florida or texas for the pressing? They also dont charge you for the screen if it passes.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
I dropped it off with 9 other books that were just for grading at the Las Vegas Con in June last year.
I guess I'll have to try calling again. Thanks.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

This included pressing. Haven't heard anything yet...
Post 953 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon77

5 months aint that long
Post 954 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Not to worry, you will be coming up soon. They are cycling through SDCC pressing order from a month earlier now.
Post 955 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was filled out, not the date that CBCS received the order. Since August 27th, 2019, was a Tuesday, I am wondering if you dropped it off at a con or if you mailed it in. I would guess it is only a matter of a few days or maybe a week or two, but I just wanted to make sure that people realized that the date on the dashboard is not always accurate.

Having said all that, a thought popped into my head (which is never a good thing). If a person drops books off at a con and CBCS uses the paper form, what date shows up on the dashboard? Is it the date that it gets entered into the computer or can they backdate it to the Tuesday after the con? Is that what happened here?
Post 956 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

The date on your dashboard is the date the invoice was filled out, not the date that CBCS received the order. Since August 27th, 2019, was a Tuesday, I am wondering if you dropped it off at a con or if you mailed it in. I would guess it is only a matter of a few days or maybe a week or two, but I just wanted to make sure that people realized that the date on the dashboard is not always accurate.

Having said all that, a thought popped into my head (which is never a good thing). If a person drops books off at a con and CBCS uses the paper form, what date shows up on the dashboard? Is it the date that it gets entered into the computer or can they backdate it to the Tuesday after the con? Is that what happened here?

I took my books to the CBCS booth at SDCC on Preview night (7/17-Jake filled out the paper form), and they were on my dashboard by the 25th.
Post 957 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Siggy!! Since the 25th was a Thursday, and CBCS policy is to officially "receive" con submissions on the Tuesday after the con, then it would appear that the dashboard shows the actual date they are entered. I knew the dashboard was unreliable for mail-in submissions, but it's good to know that it is basically unreliable for cons also.
Post 958 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 959 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Whoop whoop! - Just saw that another of my July press screen submissions moved from "Submitted" to "Labels"! I can hardly wait. No Marvel or DC in this submission, as it's an eclectic mix of early modern comics.
Post 960 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
If I sub this for crack and press...

Do I have to pay for vsp again?

Or do I just pay for pressing and regrade?
Post 961 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson as long as cbcs is the one who cracks it open and press the book, you do not have to pay for the vsp if you crack it open then you will have to pay
Post 962 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on turnaround times for pressing? I’m still waiting on an order received September 24th so going on 6 months and no indication that they’re out of pressing yet
Post 963 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - Jon, I submitted 5 books at the end of September to try out the pressing service at CBCS. I knew pressing TAT's were terrible, but had hoped they would be pressed, graded, and returned by my birthday (in a few weeks). Now I am thinking maybe May. The books aren't even that valuable, I just figured I would give it a try to see if the books would look better and get slightly higher grades than what I thought they would get before the pressing. As always, #SOON.
PS - Stay safe my friend.
Post 964 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo we're in the same boat. Submitted 2 books in September, still haven't been pressed as of yet. My birthday is 4-4. When's yours
Post 965 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - It’s April 1st - I was born to be comic book collector!
Post 966 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I built my house from scratch while mine have been in pressing. House is complete now
Post 967 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 - We’ve passed the gestational periods for many larger land mammals. Hopefully we won’t reach those of the giraffe or elephant.
Post 968 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite @esaravo

So, I can tell you that I still have some submissions from my July SDCC dropoff in pressing, but there are others who have submitted smaller or more normal size submissions in August that have received them back.

Further to esaravo, right now we have to have gestational fortitude.
Post 969 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator @esaravo @Batman66 @dielinfinite Jeez guys! I've got books that were received Jan 15, 2020 with Pressing and I was hoping I'd get them back by May/June but it's probably going to be closer to August/Sept....🙁
Post 970 IP   flag post
@GAC July, of this year? Lol
Post 971 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Scifinator @esaravo @Batman66 @dielinfinite Jeez guys! I've got books that were received Jan 15, 2020 with Pressing and I was hoping I'd get them back by May/June but it's probably going to be closer to August/Sept....🙁

Mine is somewhat of an anomaly though as it was a fairly massive order. I am not referencing on boards to complain, but to give color to where we kind of stand.
Post 972 IP   flag post
Collector Sonny_1313 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent one book for pressing that was received on August 24. I was told recently by CBCS that they have no timetable for when it will be pressed 😐
Post 973 IP   flag post
I have one book I’d like to send in for pressing and would probably send in more often if I wouldn’t have to wait half a year or more to get them back.

I know we all have more important things on our minds right now but I would love to see an official statement addressing the issue and hopefully layout some plan to get things under control
Post 974 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I have one book I’d like to send in for pressing and would probably send in more often if I wouldn’t have to wait half a year or more to get them back.

I know we all have more important things on our minds right now but I would love to see an official statement addressing the issue and hopefully layout some plan to get things under control

Not gonna happen but one can dream.
Post 975 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

FYI fast pressing works it took about 2 months for me
Post 976 IP   flag post
@teacha777 When were your books submitted?
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@teacha777 When were your books submitted?

12/31 for the year end sale got them back beginning of March for proof look at my CBCS slab sale thread you can see tmnt 100 signed on 12/11
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I'll try to find an outside pressing service until CBCS fixes the awful TAT. I've heard (though do not know firsthand) that even CGC is faster on pressing turnaround. Is there truth in that?
Post 979 IP   flag post
Collector josfriend private msg quote post Address this user
Yes CGC pressing and slabbing is faster. I turned in books to both CGC and CBCS at Chicago Wizard World in August 2019. The CGC books were back in January. The CBCS books are still waiting to be pressed.
Post 980 IP   flag post
598060 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?