Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk - You are probably correct that something may have changed. as was alluded to by someone else in a post earlier in the month, FL has someone in this week from Dallas to help out with the logistics. I imagine there will be quite a bit of updating going on. So, as I have been mentioning, things will continue to get better.
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk

At least you have "submitted"....
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
My copy of X-men 1 was delivered for pressing October 17, got an email that it is "Received" October 29 (12 days). Good to know it's there and safe!
Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this grade wise, does a tear hurt the grade of a comic bad? And another question, will these corners come out with a press?

Post 879 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I'm really new to this, but aren't creases that break the color something that pressing won't fix?
Post 880 IP   flag post

Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
That bottom left corner will be helped for sure.
Post 881 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to CBCS's very thorough overview of pressing with pictures and descriptions.

clickable text
Post 882 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
I'm really new to this, but aren't creases that break the color something that pressing won't fix?

Yep đź‘Ť
Post 883 IP   flag post
20+ weeks now on a book submitted for press and regrade at Amazing Con June 15th.
Nothing has ever shown up on the dashboard.
No one answers e-mails.
Post 884 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbush
20+ weeks now on a book submitted for press and regrade at Amazing Con June 15th.
Nothing has ever shown up on the dashboard.
No one answers e-mails.

I'm in the same boat. I was told that it would likely show up on the dashboard by the end of October, but that has not happened. I'm waiting until the end of this week, and then I plan on being aggressive with customer service. I have no problem waiting for the books, especially as I think the pressing service is excellent, but the fact that they're not even on my dashboard is beyond frustrating. Other than over the phone assurances, I literally have no way to confirm that they have my books.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, Just got shipping notice that 7 comics I submitted to FL for Press and then Signature Verification on June 10th. That puts them inline with my original expected TAT though of recent, I was thinking that perhaps I would not see them till after Thanksgiving. So, I am happy with this TAT and Press results also, as I cheated and had to peak at the grades before i receive. Thank you @SteveRicketts & team for the great work as I know grades were improved from what I sent in. That said...I have more news and commentary that I will sit on as I am in slow deep breath mode for the time being...
Post 886 IP   flag post
WoooHooo the last of my comics that were dropped off at SDCC for Press and Grade have been accounted for and invoiced. No, they have not been shipped back to me yet but are still in my originally anticipated timeline to be sent back. As I had pointed out in a few of my previous posts, I thought things would get better and short of an error that I was partially responsible for, I think things are moving in the right direction.
Post 887 IP   flag post
In my post from yesterday, I want to clarify I created the invoice on 6/10. FedEx delivered to CBCS Florida Received on 06/18. So, from time of delivery (not their receipt into queue), to shipment from Dallas after Grading and Signature Verification, 21 weeks total. I expected 18-22 for that batch of 7 comics.
Post 888 IP   flag post
@Scifinator @Forbush Well, I'm going on 22 weeks now and I don't even have anything showing in my dashboard. I think I've been more than patient as I didn't even call until about 3 weeks ago to ask about it. I then called Friday and expressed how upset I was with a person named "Brian." He instructed me to email customer service a copy of my invoice and that I would have a response on Tuesday.

I waited until 3pm today and called when I still had nothing on my dashboard. I spoke to "Brian" again and was told that I would have a response to the email by the end of tomorrow. Not an update to the dashboard. Just a response to the email. So we'll see what that means, if I get a response. I'm not holding my breath.

Other than my invoice, I literally have nothing to show that CBCS has my books. The turnaround time has never been an issue for me, but not having them on my dashboard by this point is going to give me a heart attack. And I specifically waited for the convention in Vegas to turn them over directly to a rep because I had some of my favorite books in there (Detective Comics #359, graded 7.0 and likely never been pressed before; Detective Comics #871 signed by Snyder, Jock and Francavilla; Captain America #34 signed by Stan Lee, Brubaker and Epting; Batman #2 variant signed by Jim Lee; Snyder and Capullo; and Batman #423 signed by McFarlane and Starlin). You know, nothing major. Nothing to cause me to panic for over 5 months as nothing appears on my dashboard day after day.
Post 889 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977

Have you tried flagging one of the staff on the forums?

(Yes, it is not ideal, but it seems effective to get a response according to what I have read.)
Post 890 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 WHen were these submitted, and what email? Pressing correct?
Post 891 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H Books were submitted June 14 at the Amazing Las Vegas Comic-Con. My email is bjmiller2005@yahoo.com. I sent the email on November 8th as instructed by customer service. I don’t mean to blow up the message boards but trying to go through the regular channels isn’t easing my anxiety at this point.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Whoops, meant to confirm - yes, submitted for pressing. That’s why I waited until mid-October before making any calls.
Post 893 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Whoops, meant to confirm - yes, submitted for pressing. That’s why I waited until mid-October before making any calls.

Do you have a copy of your paperwork from when you submitted? If so cn you send that to me at dhayden@cbcscomics.com.

Sorry to ask you this, as i am sure you have done this before, but it would help me greatly.
Also my apologies for your issues.
Post 894 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977 for what it is worth, I believe your start time would be the Wednesday after the con at which point Dallas would then forward your comics to FL for Press then once pressed they are sent back to TX. I would think that at this point your comics should be back in TX and already getting graded, but they should have also shown up on your dash board. I have personal experience on comics not showing up for more than a few months. It was very disconcerting to me, but I get (not excusing) their growing pains from merger, move and growth of an good quality output. I think it is getting better, but not perfect yet.
Post 895 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Thanks Scifinator, I totally get it, and that's why I waited 4 months before reaching out to CBCS. I appreciate you letting me know that you had a similar experience because it definitely was concerning. Kendra had advised me to wait until the end of October, and then I waited another week before reaching out again. Like I said, I have no problem with the turnaround time because I've always been happy with the results. This was the first time I submitted them at a convention instead of mailing them in, so it was the fact that they weren't on my dashboard was what was freaking me out.

I really appreciate @Darryl_H stepping in and helping and I look forward to the response. His response immediately calmed my nerves. I'm sure they're there, I just want the proof on the dashboard, of course.
Post 896 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Simple question, how long after being received for pressing will they process the card? It was received Tuesday and the money hasn't been taken yet. This is my first time pressing and don't know if it takes longer to process billing.
Post 897 IP   flag post
@enaz13 From my personal experience it has been as soon as immediately after receipt to several months after. The key is when they change status in you dashboard from Submitted to Processing.
Post 898 IP   flag post
@Scifinator 22 weeks since submitting at Vegas Con...No submitted on dashboard, no nothing. I also don't mind waiting, but I have nothing to indicate anything at all. Is my book in Florida? Is it in Dallas? Did it ever make it out of Las Vegas? Who knows...
Post 899 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator It's in "processing". I'm guessing maybe give it another full week before trying to contact them? I just want to make sure there isn't any problems with the billing.
Post 900 IP   flag post
@Forbush yes not even seeing it on dashboard is absolutely disconcerting and the most frustrating for that period of time. As mentioned, i was there also with part of my sdcc dropoff until last week. While i don’t doubt they have your comics, seeing it as at least submitted if not processing sure does ease the mind.
Post 901 IP   flag post
@enaz13. If you are seeing “Processing” on your dashboard, you are golden. The last order I received was Processing from Mid to late June till it was shipped out last week.
Post 902 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H @Steve_Ricketts Hi, can I get confirmation that my Canadian Order: 19-30981D8 made it to Pressing in Florida please? It's an August submission and its now in Labels which seems too fast.

I sent the submission to Steve Paulus in Oakville back in August requesting Pressing which he confirmed was happening. I've emailed him a couple of times recently but I think he's out of the office. I'm just trying to confirm that 2 of my books on this order were actually Pressed.

Thanks!!
Post 903 IP   flag post
@GAC - Damn, that would be a heck of a fast pass and nice jump over june and july submissions. Go Leafs Go!
Post 904 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC was the order only 2 books or were there only 2 for pressing? if more than 2 books but only 2 for pressing then the pressing books would be separated onto their own order.

Alternatively....did they have press screening? if it was determined that they did not need a press maybe they would have moved through quicker?
Post 905 IP   flag post
601245 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?