Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk Books from your show are currently being pressed. They should be in Dallas by the end of next week. I suspect two or three weeks after that they will be on the way back to you.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
What about books dropped off at Heroes Con in June.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Paint_Monk Books from your show are currently being pressed. They should be in Dallas by the end of next week. I suspect two or three weeks after that they will be on the way back to you.

Thanks for the reply @SteveRicketts
Post 853 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Books from the week of Heroes will start pressing next week. It will take a few weeks to get through them because there were three shows received from that weekend.
Post 854 IP   flag post
Thanks for the update. Looks like I might be getting them around Christmas.
Post 855 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am not worried about the books I submitted last month to try out CBCS's pressing services. I figure if Steve's this busy, and practice makes perfect, by the time my books get pressed they will all be 9.8's or better!
Post 856 IP   flag post
I am not worried CBCS has been very good to me with my past submissions. I am just hoping that my Nyx #3 and Thor #337 come back with high grades.
Post 857 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I have patience. I want it done right. While I can see others being pressed for time, time is irrelevant to me since it is my personal collection.

But one thing that might help in general is to put an approximate time of completion on the website where people put in orders.

In the past, there was a TAT on the top of the webpage. That would work too.

Anyways, just my 1 cent..... (yeah, my thoughts dont make the 2 cent cutoff)
Post 858 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - or a Currently Pressing Comics received week of ____ posted on website would be great! But, having submissions properly tracked and marked as "Received" is a first step. If I shipped in, I know when it was received. If I drop off at a Con, it makes for some jitters.

@SteveRicketts - as I have said before, loved what you did for my Michael Golden signed Marvel Fanfare # 1 that I bought as a Yute. Looking forward to your skilled output on my submissions since.

Thank you in advance!
Post 859 IP   flag post
It's not the time for me either, it's the lack of communication and updates that's been mentioned on the forums by myself and others ad nauseam.

It could take 25 weeks and I'd be OK, but it would be nice to hear "Hi, Wally - your order is #723 in the queue right now, and it's sitting in the vault. We're going through about 50 books a day, so we should in our estimate, be at your book in about XX days. Hope that helps."

Or even, more simply, a dashboard that works.

I'd be ecstatic.

Or maybe I'm just expecting too much and will have to get used to shipping off my books and forgetting about them until they return, which would probably be best for my sanity. Truth be told, I was very, very pleased with my last submission and ultimately maybe I'm just an impatient old grump.

That's possible too.
Post 860 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea how the CBCS Canada submissions work? I handed off at Niagara Falls Comicon on June 7-9 but my dashboard says received July 5th.

Should I be expecting timelines from the July 5th?
Post 861 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

Understood. I am unsure how everyone sends their stuff in, but I mail mine in. My stuff gets entered within a week 2 at most. I've pressed maybe 4 times. Regular books maybe 6 - 10 times. Within 1 week 2 at most it's in system.

Granted the progress / status is less than ideal on dashboard. However, you can't beat the results. I mean a few hundred dollars increase on 1 book for a relatively small fee and a few months. (Well maybe more than a few, but you get the picture)

Sure you could go to some guy on the web. You probably get better communication and possibly same results, or possibly better. However, if your mot in a hurry, you want it done right, send it in. Forget about it. It's going to be awhile. Look at it this way, 2 people cant be the only aggravated customers. Yet a ton of folks line up to get it done. Some are going on 6 months plus.

There has to be a reason a person is willing to put their stuff in flux for a prolonged period of time.

Anyways, you are in the queue. Might as well wait it through to the end. If you are so pissed dont do it again. If you are satisfied, go for round 2 and buy some tums after you drop your stuff off.
Post 862 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk

Or even, more simply, a dashboard that works.

You mean it doesn't 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Post 863 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - 100% agreed, but, don't get me wrong, I was merely chiming in on what I would like to see enhanced or brought up to snuff. I am completely fine waiting for such good product results. As I have mentioned in the past, I think CBCS is in that zone where they are getting up to speed after merger/acquisition, but also still suffering in some areas due to their own success and high quality of product.
Post 864 IP   flag post
@Scifinator

Sorry I deviated to thread audience after singling you out.

I warned you that my thoughts arent worth 2 cents....

Lol
Post 865 IP   flag post
@Bronte No apology necessary. Honestly, seeing @SteveRicketts comments, I am somewhat relieved that my SDCC dropoff doesn't appear to be backlogging the pressing works....Though, that would also suggest that my own estimation of receipt back by Thanksgiving would be on the optimistic side. Life will go on and looking forward to getting them back in better condition than before.
Post 866 IP   flag post

Just one quick example.

And yeah. I am expecting about turkey day.
Post 867 IP   flag post
@Bronte what site did you use to find those FMVs?
Post 868 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/view/126360

Whoops that doesnt go to home page, but I'm sure you can find it.

As for the site itself, people use a combination of the CGC analysis site, past Ebay sales, and gocollect. At least that was my impression
Post 869 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Those fmv are highly inaccurate. Do not use those!!!!. Use the data within the sales to determine the market value yourself. It's gocollect. Use it only if you have a paid subscription or the better option which is GPA. Just saying b/c I remember a board member commenting they grossly overpaid for something using the gocollect values on an unpaid subscription where to only have access to their estimated fmv and not the actual sales data.

Also, when using Ebay past sales, on best offer options the sold listings only list the original listed price, not the final sales price for whatever offer the seller accepted.
Post 870 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I highly prefer Dreck Check to price slabs. They track both CGC and CBCS on all the major sites.

Post 871 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Very. Cool. Thank you.

I did notice one thing though. Its behind a month.( At least it was on the book I looked at. ) However, I like the fact it picks up from 3 places. The only thing I would say is you still have to do your due diligence. You cant depend on one platform alone.
Post 872 IP   flag post
@flanders

In regards to best offer vs buy it now, this site will show what was paid. Just paste the ebay auction number in the search field.

I'd send a direct link, but you have to click through some stuff to see what you went there for. This way is much easier.

http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php?bkw=202794376275&bcat=0&bcts=&sfsb=Show+Me%21&csbin=all&bslr=&bnp=&bxp=#serp
Post 873 IP   flag post
Collector Poseidon5421 private msg quote post Address this user
Tuesday marks 18 weeks for the invoice received June 25th (approximately 3 weeks after CBCS received my other invoices that were submitted at the same show).

I was tremendously impressed with the non-press TAT; received and shipped back in 20 days. Pressing has been a slog to get any kind of update for what was anticipated to be 10-14 weeks.
Post 874 IP   flag post
Ok. I'm pretty sure my dashboard just changed this morning from "submitted" to "processing". Perhaps that means it's been received from pressing in Florida and is now in Texas? Only time will tell...

Or maybe it's just been so long I'm teasing myself.
Post 875 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk - You are probably correct that something may have changed. as was alluded to by someone else in a post earlier in the month, FL has someone in this week from Dallas to help out with the logistics. I imagine there will be quite a bit of updating going on. So, as I have been mentioning, things will continue to get better.
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector Forbush private msg quote post Address this user
@Paint_Monk

At least you have "submitted"....
Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
My copy of X-men 1 was delivered for pressing October 17, got an email that it is "Received" October 29 (12 days). Good to know it's there and safe!
Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this grade wise, does a tear hurt the grade of a comic bad? And another question, will these corners come out with a press?

Post 879 IP   flag post
I'm really new to this, but aren't creases that break the color something that pressing won't fix?
Post 880 IP   flag post
601249 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?