CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Collector Spc51 private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea when the "IT" problem will be fixed???, so we can see the grades on our books??? Any updates will be more then welcomed, thanks
Post 576 • IP   flag post
Collector Glimmertwins75 private msg quote post Address this user
How much is pressing on a modern book?
Post 577 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Quick Question about timelines and turn around times. I thought that I remember someone from CBCS stating that the backlog was in the encapsulation process. In the TAT thread, someone recently posted that pressing is behind by 3 months?

My submission date of 6/11 has been in pressing the entire time. When should I expect to see it begin to process through the next stages?

BTW, I am not complaining about the TAT. There is a reason that you guys have my books and not the other guys.
Post 578 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user



Would this be a good candidate for a press?

On the pressing page, there isnt a listing for "crinkle bends"....
Post 579 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
@SteveRicketts Quick Question about timelines and turn around times. I thought that I remember someone from CBCS stating that the backlog was in the encapsulation process. In the TAT thread, someone recently posted that pressing is behind by 3 months?

My submission date of 6/11 has been in pressing the entire time. When should I expect to see it begin to process through the next stages?

BTW, I am not complaining about the TAT. There is a reason that you guys have my books and not the other guys.



Post 580 • IP   flag post


CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We are a few weeks away from pressing 6/11. On the bright side, books from pressing are moving into the grading queue after they are finished and acclimated, so you won't have to wait much longer.
Post 581 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Cool!!! My books were submitted 6/3 but have seen no status changes - probably because they haven't yet moved to pressing - looking forward to seeing status updates in the next few weeks!!
Post 582 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks for the response. I am looking forward to seeing these pressed and moving to grading. You guys are awesome and I know this has been very difficult. Thanks for the info and the wonderful work that you do.
Post 583 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth. May 1st order just had email sent for shipping today. Should be here close to turkey day.

Forgot. This is WITH pressing
Post 584 • IP   flag post
Collector jayscomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just received my email notification for shipping today, received May 8. Pretty excited to see how the pressing turned out.
Post 585 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscomics
Just received my email notification for shipping today, received May 8. Pretty excited to see how the pressing turned out.


So judging from your received date, my submission is about a month away. I have a received date of June 11 and pressing mixed with non pressing.
Post 586 • IP   flag post
Collector jayscomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscomics
Just received my email notification for shipping today, received May 8. Pretty excited to see how the pressing turned out.


So judging from your received date, my submission is about a month away. I have a received date of June 11 and pressing mixed with non pressing.


I am not giving hope to anyone. Lots people on here complaining so I am kept my post neutral. All I know is that my books shipped, and expect them in a few days time to be in my hands.
I am happy with the service I have received so far, and think it is pretty cool to get books slabbed.
Good luck and happy collecting!
Post 587 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For what its worth, I peeked at my pressing results. A CGC graded 2.0 was increased to a CBCS 2.5. A PGX 8.5 decreased to a CBCS 8.0. And yes, I'm happy that the PGX could score a 8.0. (I bought the PGX before I knew the brand' reputation was kryptonite) I should receive them tomorrow.
Post 588 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
For what its worth, I peeked at my pressing results. A CGC graded 2.0 was increased to a CBCS 2.5. A PGX 8.5 decreased to a CBCS 8.0. And yes, I'm happy that the PGX could score a 8.0. (I bought the PGX before I knew the brand' reputation was kryptonite) I should receive them tomorrow.


So, a PGX 8.5 was PRESSED and became a CBCS 8.0. That speaks volumes for the quality of the service at PGX.
Post 589 • IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
So, a PGX 8.5 was PRESSED and became a CBCS 8.0. That speaks volumes for the quality of the service at PGX.


Assume the PGX 8.5 was in reality a 7.5 at best. The pressing bumped it at least .5.
Post 590 • IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I submitted my books for pressing back in September under fast pass and fast press. I got an email that they were received but my order still reflects processing. Should I see an update once they leave pressing to be graded?
Post 591 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@dameki Your books are pressed and back in Dallas. You should start seeing updates soon once they go through grading.
Post 592 • IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
@stevericketts sweet thanks for the update Steve!
Post 593 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
A fast pass pressing order I sent at the beginning of October just updated to grading. That's only about a week behind.
Post 594 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Unsure if the question has been given and I assume the answer would be yes....but are square bound issues eligible for pressing......by example Batman 187...go-go checks-square bound and an eighty page giant
Post 595 • IP   flag post
Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
Will pressing damage a signature on a book? And should every book be pressed if you are submitting? I'm taking my signed Stan Lee book in tomorrow for drop off and didn't know if it was a good idea to have it pressed as well for a higher grade. Should I even bother pressing it?



Post 596 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the shipping email for a fast pass press/grade (all modern) from 10/3. That's only like 9 weeks instead of 13 so that's pretty good. Although I put press check on them, so I'm not 100% if they got pressed or not.
Post 597 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Yes, I can press square bound books without a problem.

@kevinlmillard In most instances there is not a problem pressing a book with a signature. There have been a few exceptions on books with metallic ink, but it's very limited. If I suspect there could be a problem, I will reject the book from pressing at no charge to the customer for pressing or screening.

@xkonk Yes your books were pressed.
Post 598 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts

I apologize for pestering you, I looked up terminology on the main CBCS site and googled the term, but "crinkles" was not listed.

I want to submit a few books. Is this book capable of a "possible" press improvement? Or is crickles indicative of a severe damage?


Post 599 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte "Crinkle bends" are not listed in a glossary of comic book terms. They're likely just a series of small bends, such as from a corner impact or similar damage. It's probably something that can be improved if not fixed completely.
Post 600 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
Post 601 • IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thanks Steve. I guessed from the pricing on the invoice but the detail in the system is still lacking. The last order I got back, which also had press screen, included an invoice but it was the original one instead of the final one. Interesting choice.
Post 602 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts So what submission dates are being pressed this week? Are you guys finished with Late May? Is early June started?
Post 603 • IP   flag post
CBCS Head Grader SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
We should be well into mid-June by the end of the week.
Post 604 • IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We should be well into mid-June by the end of the week.
Awesome News!!
Post 605 • IP   flag post
657131 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?