Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DaveSammy private msg quote post Address this user
I have to trust them, I don't own a grading or pressing company. I understand I am very small in a company's eyes, I am one person, not a big spending customer, just a guy who wants to do his best, but I am not Heritage or a big seller. I really thought this would be a better outcome, though the story has not ended, at least I hope not. It is not under my control at all.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

@SteveRicketts - It took its time to get through your backlog but very happy with the outcome - Awesome job!
Post 427 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@poka - Very nice! What a great book; wish my ASW #10 looked as good as yours.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Can I have a link to the pressing option? I have one book that has just a slight crease in the back. I want to get that pressed as I am certain the book will go up .2 and an express expedited slab.

Thank you. I email CBCS. If there was a reply, it went to my junk mail.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I think not having 'pressing' on the invoices is REALLY causing confusion for the staff as well.

I have two orders that were subbed together at a con, everything was handled at the booth. Both of the orders have sigs and both were going for press. One of the orders that was supposed to be pressed got marked as 'grading' yesterday. Normally I wouldn't worry but that would put me like 2 months ahead of TAT... so i knew something was up. After I talked to customer service, I guess that order just got skipped over when it came to sending it through pressing? I'm charged for it, and it shows up on the website in my dashboard, BUT there is zero mention on the actual invoices. Only the additional charges for pressing.

Thanks to customer service for hopefully getting it straightened out and back on the right track, but I would have really hated to see that order come back to me without pressing. It was already on its way into grading and is still marked as such. I STRONGLY feel that if I had not called, I would have been charged for the pressing service and not received it. A handful of yellow sigs not reaching their full potential!

I'm totally ok with the TAT's! I also understand things happen, BUT this kind of oversight is SCARY to me as a consumer!

Crossing my fingers that it all works out in the end..
Post 430 IP   flag post

Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
That is really scary. Is there a way to even prove when a comic is actually pressed.
Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing your turnaround time 😎
Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector NormdaMarine private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I was fortunate enough to come across this beauty the other day, Batman #62! The pages are beautiful and may grade at White but my question is would this book benefit from a clean and press? The book is not brittle, attached at the staples and complete. Should I just send it in to be graded as is or would a press help the presentation, if possible? The book is for my PC...
Post 433 IP   flag post
Collector Gatchaman private msg quote post Address this user
I sent books through an LCS, which some of the books on the order needed to be pressed (not mine) and they have yet to be pressed. They are holding up the whole order and was told it will take another 6-8 weeks.

Post 434 IP   flag post
Collector NormdaMarine private msg quote post Address this user
Welp, 3 months in with 2 Expanded/Bronze (one Sig. verification) and 4 Modern books (One Sig. verification). All of them were requested to be pressed and my books are now being graded... The struggle is real LOL
Post 435 IP   flag post
Collector Chicago_Boy private msg quote post Address this user
Did Steve receive my pic and question about a spine roll on my Cap 1 ? Thanks
Post 436 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I have a technical question about pressing. I'm sending in the Dark Horse Aliens mini-comic set from the 1993 Kenner Toys run. These lil' guys have been rolled up & stuffed into toy packaging for the better part of twenty-five years; so I'm assuming they're almost the definition of "needs to be pressed." However, these don't appear to have the gloss cover typical of most books; it looks like the cover is the same material as the inner pages.

Will the difference in construction make a difference to the pressing process? Wanted to ask before I send them on asking for something that would end up doing more harm than good.
Post 437 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
There shouldn't be a problem pressing them. They'll turn out nicely.
Post 438 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Much appreciated sir! They're on their way!
Post 439 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Quote:

Much appreciated sir! They're on their way!

Good Luck on the Alien Books!

Steve,

I have a couple books I would be interested in having press, but Im still a bit hestitant because of the lack of an official Submisson form.

So the process is to just send the books with a note with the desired service?

Do you need to note or mark "Pressing Services" anywhere upon my packaging or Books?

Thanks for the added info

John
Post 440 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 It should be working in the online submission now. When you enter the book, you can tell it you want it pressed.
I can't see the customer side of the site, so I'm not sure what it looks like.
Post 441 IP   flag post
Collector dota168 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 It should be working in the online submission now. When you enter the book, you can tell it you want it pressed.

Hi @SteveRicketts

The online submission form doesn't include pressing options.

Here's what the form looks like in the customer side: https://imgur.com/a/PttRj
Post 442 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dota168
Quote:

Hi @SteveRicketts

The online submission form doesn't include pressing options.

Here's what the form looks like in the customer side: https://imgur.com/a/PttRj

I just went in to the "Submisson" area and dota168 is correct. There is no pressing options or info on the current submission page. I just don't feel comfortable submitting anything for pressing until the submission page is updated to include those services.

John
Post 443 IP   flag post
I have the question in with the developers and am waiting on an answer. I don't expect one until after the weekend.
Post 444 IP   flag post
Thanks for the update Steve!
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Myself and many posters have been very patient and understanding of trials and tribulations CBCS has had over the past year and certainly the last 4 months or so.

But with that being said, it can't understand why something like adding this to the on-line submission form has not already been done. Looking back at the beginning of this thread, the earliest posts say "11 months ago". I am admittedly NOT a computer software person, but I just can't imagine it is that difficult to add in, especially in 11 months.

I am still a CBCS supporter and will continue to use CBCS. And this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things. But when you start to add up all the small issues that have not been resolved over time, it does start to erode confidence.

Just my 2 cents and some hopefully constructive criticism from a loyal customer.
Post 446 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@SteveRicketts Myself and many posters have been very patient and understanding of trials and tribulations CBCS has had over the past year and certainly the last 4 months or so.

But with that being said, it can't understand why something like adding this to the on-line submission form has not already been done. Looking back at the beginning of this thread, the earliest posts say "11 months ago". I am admittedly NOT a computer software person, but I just can't imagine it is that difficult to add in, especially in 11 months.

I am still a CBCS supporter and will continue to use CBCS. And this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things. But when you start to add up all the small issues that have not been resolved over time, it does start to erode confidence.

Just my 2 cents and some hopefully constructive criticism from a loyal customer.

I hear ya.... Still waiting but not holding my breath.
Post 447 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts Good afternoon sir! Not sure if this is the correct place, but since you're talking website upgrade(s) to the UI for customers to select pressing, I figured I'd add my two cents: Can we also get mini-comics added as a classification/type on the submissions UI so the additional charge can be added to the invoice automatically, instead of having to bother Customer Service w/ a phone call? The CBCS CS staff is awesome & were extremely helpful in getting my Aliens mini's in, but I feel like I bothered them so often that I'm going to have to send a bottle of Jack Daniels in w/ my next submission as a token of gratitude.
Post 448 IP   flag post
Collector rdowdy95 private msg quote post Address this user
Under the CBCS Comics | FAQ

https://www.cbcscomics.com/faq

General Questions:
Does CBCS do in-house pressing?

Answer is now YES, but where is the CBCS Pressing Page with the price of each press and do you clean too or just press?
Post 449 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95

General Questions:

Answer is now YES, but where is the CBCS Pressing Page with the price of each press and do you clean too or just press?

Yes, it includes basic dry cleaning. The FAQ on the forum includes pricing.

forum FAQ
Post 450 IP   flag post
Just got the e-mail that my Aliens mini's went to grading! Many thanks to @SteveRicketts & the pressing group! Next time I send in a submission, I'll tuck in a token of my appreciation C/O Pressing Dept.

"Hey look, what's all wrapped up in bubble wrap under all those packing peanuts? Is that...who would send a bottle of Jack Daniels in with a submission?!"

Post 451 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95

General Questions:

Yes, it includes basic dry cleaning. The FAQ on the forum includes pricing.

forum FAQ

Jesse on top of it, thanks.
I asked today about the progress on the pressing being put on the web page. It's done and waiting to get bug tested and approved to be pushed onto the live site. I hope it won't be much longer.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Just got the e-mail that my Aliens mini's went to grading! Many thanks to @SteveRicketts & the pressing group! Next time I send in a submission, I'll tuck in a token of my appreciation C/O Pressing Dept.

"Hey look, what's all wrapped up in bubble wrap under all those packing peanuts? Is that...who would send a bottle of Jack Daniels in with a submission?!"

Those were yours? Just so you know, I earned several gray hairs trying to get them flat. LOL
They turned out pretty nicely. I think you'll be pleased.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Jesse on top of it, thanks.
I asked today about the progress on the pressing being put on the web page. It's done and waiting to get bug tested and approved to be pushed onto the live site. I hope it won't be much longer.

Any update on this or ETA? I have a handful of books I have been keeping in my cart waiting to pull the trigger, if the pricing/selection of pressing is on the way I'll like to wait until then.

Thank you!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
little info. plz, what does the pressing process do longterm for the paper stock and ink of the book overall
Post 455 IP   flag post
600856 982 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?