Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Are You Watching?: Part III18703

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Return of the jedi
Post 951 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just binged The Trust on Netflix. If you are into back stabbing reality competitions, this is for you.
Post 952 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you very much for the B-Day wishes!

Years ago when I was production manager for a company in Tulsa, each year the Mexican ladies prepared a Cinco De Mayo B-Day cake for me. I really miss that group.
Post 953 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched Thor:Ragnarok for the first time,... and will be the only time.

Where is that puke smiley?
Post 954 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Watching 24-hour weather channel to see if California survives the "atmospheric river". New Age Blessing: "May your neighborhood never be shown on the 24-hour weather channel".
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just got back to finishing up Andor. I took a break as it seemed to start slow. But I am glad I decided to watch it again. I will be looking forward to season 2. Then I will watch Rogue One again right afterwards.
Post 956 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The Witcher Season One. I tried watching it a few years ago and couldn't get into it, but I enjoyed the 1st episdoe after rewatching it last night.
Post 957 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
"May your neighborhood never be shown on the 24-hour weather channel".

I've been sleeping in an inner tube the last 2 days just in case.
Post 958 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

I was just reading about it. Hopefully you aren't affected.
Post 959 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Is anybody following the NBA? Will we have an NBA pinned/official thread in the future like in CGC?

Still can't believe Trae Young and Victor Wembanyama (if you look at superstar stats alone) did not make it to the NBA All-Star Game reserves list.

Post 960 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Diego is alright, not many floods. No surfing, Tijuana run off, lol.
Post 961 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders man those mud slides are frightening... We get hurricanes, but you know when they are coming days before they arrive. Mud slides give no warnings.
Post 962 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 it's been raining as hard as I've seen it today, but I'm on bedrock so fortunately there's no mudslides to worry about other than on the roads. I hope everyone is staying safe from the storms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@flanders

I was just reading about it. Hopefully you aren't affected.

@Bronte thanks for the concern, wer're doing fine here and the heavy rain should be stopping after tonight.
Post 963 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
Is anybody following the NBA?

I used to watch the Lakers religiously, seeing at least 60 to 70 of their regular season games on TV and a decent amount of other NBA games. I could also appreciate good team basketball, like the Spurs played over the years. I find today's NBA unbearable to watch. No defense, too much traveling, too many 3 pointers, poor officiating, inflated stats, etc. I still tune in for the playoffs, which is less entertaining than it's ever been, but the regular season is meaningless to me and unwatchable.

Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that I've aged and also no longer play basketball. Although I was never any good, it became an obsession for me at one point in my early 20s and I used to play almost daily.
Post 964 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I stopped watching after Jordan retired permanently.
Post 965 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Is anybody following the NBA?

I used to watch the Lakers religiously, seeing at least 60 to 70 of their regular season games on TV and a decent amount of other NBA games. I could also appreciate good team basketball, like the Spurs played over the years. I find today's NBA unbearable to watch. No defense, too much traveling, too many 3 pointers, poor officiating, inflated stats, etc. I still tune in for the playoffs, which is less entertaining than it's ever been, but the regular season is meaningless to me and unwatchable.

Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that I've aged and also no longer play basketball. Although I was never any good, it became an obsession for me at one point in my early 20s and I used to play almost daily.

I tend to agree with you @flanders on the lower quality of the NBA right now. Just can't find an alternative to it yet. I may try to watch the Euroleague, but the broadcast is not as polished and you end up looking up the players and teams to get more context on the play-by-play.

I'm also retired in playing, but can't get away from watching just yet.
Post 966 IP   flag post
Quote:
I stopped watching after Jordan retired permanently.

@Bronte Wow, that was a long time ago. You didn't like Kobe when he was coming up (Jordan clone)?

Also, @flanders and @Bronte, do you know of any basketball-themed comic books?
Post 967 IP   flag post
Quote:
Also, @flanders and @Bronte, do you know of any basketball-themed comic books?

I'm unaware of any. I've seen some cool Spider-man basketball covers though.
Post 968 IP   flag post
@JazzyJeffie

I was born in Chicago so I was / am a bulls fan. As much of a trash talker Jordan was, the guy could play. He seemed almost "elegant" in his playing style. Most other players remind me of thugs where skill isn't as important as brute force. I thought kobe was okay. But nobody in my mind was better than Jordan. He ruined the sport for me. Nobody I've seen can play at that level that I am aware of.
Post 969 IP   flag post
Quote:
@JazzyJeffie

I was born in Chicago so I was / am a bulls fan. As much of a trash talker Jordan was, the guy could play. He seemed almost "elegant" in his playing style. Most other players remind me of thugs where skill isn't as important as brute force. I thought kobe was okay. But nobody in my mind was better than Jordan. He ruined the sport for me. Nobody I've seen can play at that level that I am aware of.

Makes sense, you saw him play many times in person most likely, so I can never comprehend. I oly saw him on TV, he had this inexplicable flair (agree with 'elegant'). He's like a CBCS 10.0

What do you think of Caitlin Clark? She seems to be must-watch basketball too.
Post 970 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
re-watched Peacemaker
re-watching Doom Patrol and original Star Trek

with the wife
Midsummer Murders!!!
and True Detective (current season- 4?) and His Dark Materials
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Post 972 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Binge-watching For All Mankind nightly before my Apple TV subscription ends in a couple weeks. Good stuff, in my opinion. First episode starts with Soviet Union beating the US to the moon. This puts a wrinkle in the space race that results in accelerating the pace of development. Space exploration in the show moves at a much faster clip than in our reality. The show incorporates social issues of women astronauts, ex-nazi's developing US space program, closeted gays trying to keep their NASA careers, illegal immigrant janitor working under fake SSN, political decisions and cover ups, etc.
Post 973 IP   flag post
Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
Started watching Sweet Tooth series on Netflix, pretty cool. Some issues with it, but not enough for me to mention.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia This is on my list…. Probably around summer. Inflation is killing me so I cut all of my streaming services last month until July. I’ll save about $250 by then.
Post 975 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Cool Stuff on Prime all the nostalgic stuff we love from our childhood. Toys, comics, video games etc. Very cool!!
Post 976 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Post 977 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 978 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Super Bowl 58

Post 979 IP   flag post
Great game!!!
Post 980 IP   flag post
619266 999 30