Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Are You Watching?: Part III18703

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
The wife and I watched Shazam 2 last night. We both loved it đź‘Ť actually better than the first one and my wife really loved the post credits scene.
Post 476 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

I'll let you guys know if I wake up screaming tonight.
Post 477 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
The X-Files Season One
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
The X-Files Season One
What a classic show. I wish I could experience watching this for the first time all over again.
Post 479 IP   flag post
@dfoster43 if you have amazon prime it's available with ads.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thank you @flanders ! I appreciate your kindness!

I actually own (possess) DVD's comic books, paperbacks, trading cards & .MKV's of the entire series, all seasons, movies, and The Lone Gunmen series on DVD and .mkv

I mean, I can watch any of them at any time I want. But it's not the same thing as seeing them all for the first time. The newness of that kind of TV, the anticipation of the next week's progression of the arc or the "bugbear of the week", or being in the pop culture phenomenon bubble along w/ the rest of the nerds in a time when internet was sparse and new and everything seemed fresh and alive.

The opposite of now, where I look forward to nothing and am disappointed by everything.

It's all too much these days, the noise of all the data and information is deafening and the fascination of discovery, the innocence , expectations and wonder is long, long gone. Nothing new is new any more.
Post 481 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 482 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Mascots were pretty damn cool. I thought the guy in grey was outclassed at first. But he proved to be better than I thought. The red guy I think was still better though.
Post 483 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Post 484 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 485 IP   flag post
The X-Files Season 2
Post 486 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 487 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The Dresden Files
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
If you mix “The Office” and the “Real World” Dave Chappelle skit, you get pure comedy.
Post 489 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Succession. Great show.
Post 490 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:

Thank you @flanders ! I appreciate your kindness!

I actually own (possess) DVD's comic books, paperbacks, trading cards & .MKV's of the entire series, all seasons, movies, and The Lone Gunmen series on DVD and .mkv

I mean, I can watch any of them at any time I want. But it's not the same thing as seeing them all for the first time. The newness of that kind of TV, the anticipation of the next week's progression of the arc or the "bugbear of the week", or being in the pop culture phenomenon bubble along w/ the rest of the nerds in a time when internet was sparse and new and everything seemed fresh and alive.

The opposite of now, where I look forward to nothing and am disappointed by everything.

It's all too much these days, the noise of all the data and information is deafening and the fascination of discovery, the innocence , expectations and wonder is long, long gone. Nothing new is new any more.

It was one of the great “new genre” shows of the 90s. I thought it went downhill after season 7 (IIRC).

Great shows still exist. Just like great music. Just takes more persistence to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Post 491 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Tried watching dungeons and dragons. After falling asleep a couple of times I gave up. Going to just read the Wikipedia and hope that isn't as bad to get the gist of the movie.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet Tooth
Post 493 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
I mean, I can watch any of them at any time I want. But it's not the same thing as seeing them all for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
It was one of the great “new genre” shows of the 90s.

I had a few X-Files comics as a kid and was around 12 when the first season came out. I remember watching a couple episodes but I was so terrified of aliens at the time, I didn't continue to watch the show. This may have been shortly after I watched Fire in the Sky, which scared the living shit out of me and left me no desire to ever watch anything involving aliens again. I've seen a few random X-Files episodes over the years, including both movies, but I feel like I'm watching the show for the first time after starting Season One last week and I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to have aged and to not be so paranoid of aliens abducting me any longer.
Post 494 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone else watched The Peanut Butter Falcon? I watched it two nights in a row, the second time with the family. Everyone really liked it. The actor with Down Syndrome has some lines that are solid gold. I guess he got a lot of recognition after the role and was included in the Oscars that year. And Thomas Haden Church (Wings, Sideways) shows up at the end as the cherry on top, playing retired professional wrestler Saltwater Redneck. If anyone else watched it, I'd like to hear what you thought.
Post 495 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched this... Mister Rogers Neighborhood behind the scenes of the Incredible Hulk set.

Post 496 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Has anyone else watched The Peanut Butter Falcon? I watched it two nights in a row, the second time with the family. Everyone really liked it. The actor with Down Syndrome has some lines that are solid gold. I guess he got a lot of recognition after the role and was included in the Oscars that year. And Thomas Haden Church (Wings, Sideways) shows up at the end as the cherry on top, playing retired professional wrestler Saltwater Redneck. If anyone else watched it, I'd like to hear what you thought.
It was a good movie because Shia LaBeouf is a great actor
Post 497 IP   flag post
Never thought I'd ever hear those words
Post 498 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
🤣
Not a fan @Bronte ?
Post 499 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I was laughing because I figured homey nailed sarcasm!
Post 500 IP   flag post
@drmccoy74

Best movie he was in was constantine. He died and chances of him being in sequel are pretty much nil.

But to be blunt, he has one acting style. Whine like a mule. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing though. I just know i don't watch movies with him or decaprio.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just know i don't watch movies with him or decaprio

Are we related?

I didn't dislike Dicaprio until someone pointed out how annoying he is. Fortunately I can still enjoy Catch Me If You Can. I liked LaBeouf the first 10 times I watched the first Transformers movie, but by the 11th or so time, his fast talking started giving me anxiety.

This might be too facetious for the forum, but you might enjoy watching DiCaprio in This Boy's Life @Bronte, since he gets beaten on several occassions by Robert De Niro.
Post 502 IP   flag post
I can sit through virtually any movie just because my OCD would never let me watch 1/2 a movie and not know how it ended. I mean I sat through twilight series in the theaters because the lady I was with wanted to watch it. I watched John Carter till the end. Etc....

There was one decaprio movie that was so bad I literally contemplated walking out of the movie. I have never gotten to that point with any other film. Especially one that I paid for.
Post 503 IP   flag post

Post 504 IP   flag post

Post 505 IP   flag post
601464 999 30