CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Are You Watching?: Part III18703

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
I didn't have a TV when this was first aired so I missed it. Been meaning to watch it for years but just one thing or another kept me from it. None of which were the desire to watch it.
Firefly
OMG, now I know what everyone was talking about all these years. Just finished Season 1 last night. I can't wait to start Season 2. That was just too freaking amazing to end it there.

ERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i don't want to be the one that has to break it to you ...

Your gonna have to settle for the movie, Serenity. Good news is that it's even better than the shows.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Watched Wakanda Forever. Not as bad as the other MCU movies last year. Could have used some editing.

B-

I also watched Wakanda Forever on streaming. I would say the plus was that the actress taking over the Black Panther role has the charisma and screen presence to pull it off. I would not say the same for the Riri actress potentially replacing Robert Downey Jr. Even worse, I think the Namor character was poorly cast and is completely lacking in charisma. Comic book Namor was a prince and had a regal quality to him. He had gravitas that this character was lacking. I did like the Vibranium-based origins of the undersea people. Also liked the explanation that the name "N'amor" is the absence of love.
Post 252 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I watched it too.

It wasnt bad but two things that stood out to me.

1.) I didn't like Namorfir much if the reasons @EbayMafia stated.

2.) Chadwick Boseman is hugely missed.

C-
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I watched it too.

It wasnt bad but two things that stood out to me.

1.) I didn't like Namorfir much if the reasons @EbayMafia stated.

2.) Chadwick Boseman is hugely missed.

C-

Curmudgeon Mode engaged

Yeah I'd basically agree but 1 thing that stands out more than others is that Prince Namor is being cast as a villain in the MCU when he should be one of the major heroes - albeit a slightly more anti-heroic one due to his #1 priority being Atlantis and not the "surface world" per se'.

But this Namor is not the Namor I grew up with (I missed out on WWII Namor but was full on into him from about 1970) He has NONE of the positive aspects or personality and the whole meso-american thing - while academically interesting - is in the context of canon and comics complete B.S.

They needed to do Namor exactly like he was in the comics and instead they retconned & woke-ified him.
Post 254 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Watched Wakanda Forever. Not as bad as the other MCU movies last year. Could have used some editing.

B-

I also watched Wakanda Forever on streaming. I would say the plus was that the actress taking over the Black Panther role has the charisma and screen presence to pull it off. I would not say the same for the Riri actress potentially replacing Robert Downey Jr. Even worse, I think the Namor character was poorly cast and is completely lacking in charisma. Comic book Namor was a prince and had a regal quality to him. He had gravitas that this character was lacking. I did like the Vibranium-based origins of the undersea people. Also liked the explanation that the name "N'amor" is the absence of love.

Didn’t find either Shuri or Riri actresses compelling. Not enough to carry a movie anyways. Thankfully they shared the burden widely (an editing issue though!). Neither matched Boseman. Thought the overall story carried the movie decently well, though lacked editing and some dialogue was forced.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Can't really ever replace Boseman, but I like the Shuri actress, she typically adds a lot to the scenes that she is in. I think she makes the Shuri character a female version of what Namor should have been. A female version of Namor actually would have been a really good role for her.
Post 256 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child documentary
Post 257 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The Big Lebowski
Post 258 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Netflix, Cunk on Earth
Post 259 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Watched sandman on Netflix. Never read the books so no idea what to expect. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Binged entire season in one night.
Post 260 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Netflix, Cunk on Earth

I am enjoying the subtle stupidity and surrealism of this. Her character is like a female Ali G, sort of.
As ridiculous as her character is, the contrast with stunning location photography is enjoyable. She must have had a ball making this satiric Attenborough-styled documentary series.
Post 261 IP   flag post
The Godfather
Post 262 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
History Documentaries?

Post 263 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched Evil Bong and Evil Bong 2
Post 264 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
finished she-hulk. Actually I liked it. Not that bad.

Now watching bad batch season 2
Post 265 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just watched "The Conspiracy of Dark Falls". I only recommend it for insomniacs who have a high tolerance for bad acting, horrendous camera views and special effects that make you scratch your head and wonder why your still watching. Oh, the plot holes are so big I swear they a drove a semi through them. 👎👎
Post 266 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The Wire. One of the best TV shows ever.
Post 267 IP   flag post
Jim Jefferies: High & Dry
Post 268 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Watched Wakanda Forever recently and it was entertaining, but nowhere near as good as Ant-Man (2015), which I watched for the first time last night.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
First five episodes of The Last of us.

And Basketcase 1,2 and 3.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I just watched "The Conspiracy of Dark Falls". I only recommend it for insomniacs who have a high tolerance for bad acting, horrendous camera views and special effects that make you scratch your head and wonder why your still watching. Oh, the plot holes are so big I swear they a drove a semi through them. 👎👎

OK well I am intrigued. How drunk do I need to get first?
Post 271 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Watched Wakanda Forever recently and it was entertaining, but nowhere near as good as Ant-Man (2015), which I watched for the first time last night.

I guess I liked it okay. It was a movie, that's for sure. I just really really really hate what they did to Namor. Just ruined the character completely, drove it to a dead-end street and buried it in a ditch.

ANYONE that read comics from , jeez, 1940-somthing onward should be pretty insulted by this complete re-imagining of the character.

Truly, they could have invented a BRAND NEW character, new race, backstory, etc completely new villain for Wakanda & the world etc. and it would have been better, IMHO.
Post 272 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!!!

IF (and that's a big if) it can be improved by getting drunk, I would go straight to the tequila. A beer buzz isn't going to cut it.
Post 273 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL!!!

IF (and that's a big if) it can be improved by getting drunk, I would go straight to the tequila. A beer buzz isn't going to cut it.

Roger that, Tequila heard.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Se7en

Post 275 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I have our usual Friday night with 2-hour Dateline episodes. New episodes, of course, 😊😊😊
Post 276 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm watching the San Diego Zoo special on animal planet.

Did anyone know that male Hippos can make their deuce projectile up to 10 meters to mark territory?

I find that to be an awesome super power.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I'm watching the San Diego Zoo special on animal planet.

Did anyone know that male Hippos can make their deuce projectile up to 10 meters to mark territory?

I find that to be an awesome super power.

I knew that...primarily because of this video.

Post 278 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That 2 minute hippo video demonstrated more impressive superhero powers than the 2 hour Antman movie
Post 279 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Picard season 3 episode 1

Edit

Crusher in a fire fight and kills intruders. Holy crap I have high hopes....
Post 280 IP   flag post
601246 999 30