Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

First time submitting, and there are errors…18672

Collector lukkychukky private msg quote post Address this user
As the title says, I just submitted two alien books for signature verification for the first time. One of them came back fine, but the other one came back with a persons name misspelled. I already called customer service and left a message, but I’m not really sure what this whole process is going to look like. Could anyone tell me what to expect going forward? Am I going to be paying out of the nose to get this issue that’s their fault fixed?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@lukkychukky
I'm sorry there's an issue with your submission! You won't have to pay anything at all once you get the attention of CS and explain what's wrong. The only problem you'll have is getting CS to respond.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It just sucks that the issue is spelling. Like, two comics signed by the same guy; Michael Biehn. Spelled right on one. But the other? Mmichael Biehn… Come on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@lukkychukky Yeah that does suck....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Now to wait for another EIGHT MONTHS to fix what Microsoft word does by default.
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not recommending this but here is exactly what I'd do...

Since CS is not going to respond, I would just send my book back with a note explaining why I'm sending it back. All my contact info and account number would be on the note...taped to the slab.

I imagine the book would be back before CS responds.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

Since CS is not going to respond, I would just send my book back with a note explaining why I'm sending it back. All my contact info and account number would be on the note...taped to the slab.

I’ve done this. It sucks but it’s an accurate observation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:

Seriously? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I have to ask for my own sanity: is this what you would actually do? This isn't a troll post? Awesome... Really inspires confidence in this company that their CS issues are so widespread people totally circumvent them entirely.

What kind of turnaround time do you think I'd be looking at? Even just a ballpark estimation is fine.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@lukkychukky Can you share some pictures of the comics? We all like to look at others comics ya know, its something we share here on these forums a lot.
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
The offending error…
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukkychukky
The offending error…

OMG. Do they seriously still have that stupid default 'no-spell-check-on-CAPs' BS going on? Switch that nonsense off and this could have been avoided. Come to think of it, though, I also have a book with a spelling error (more of a spacing error) on the label, but it isn't serious enough to make me want to get it fixed. Mine does make me wonder if they use spell check At All, though.

See? Mine is just worth an eye-roll. Yours needs to be corrected.
Post 12 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I have to ask for my own sanity: is this what you would actually do? This isn't a troll post? Awesome... Really inspires confidence in this company that their CS issues are so widespread people totally circumvent them entirely.

I can neither confirm nor deny being a troll.... but that aside, for that book, yes it's exactly what I'd do. We aren't talking $5K books here.
If they receive a book unexpected, with that note and the obvious error, they aren't going to screw you over.

As for circumventing....circumventing what? Customer service?
Lol..

Quote:

What kind of turnaround time do you think I'd be looking at? Even just a ballpark estimation is fine.

No clue, I stopped paying attention to that.
"Longer than they claim" would be a safe bet.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros Thank you for the feedback, disappointing as it is. I just can't in good conscience not have the book corrected, as the signature is literally the only thing I cared about. I don't care if it is 7.0 or lower or whatever: I just want Michael Biehn to be spelled like a human name! lol! Welp, now to ship this stupid thing back, and pray to all that is good and holy it doesn't get lost or destroyed in the process.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
The offending error…

OMG. Do they seriously still have that stupid default 'no-spell-check-on-CAPs' BS going on? Switch that nonsense off and this could have been avoided. Come to think of it, though, I also have a book with a spelling error (more of a spacing error) on the label, but it isn't serious enough to make me want to get it fixed. Mine does make me wonder if they use spell check At All, though.

At first I thought it might be spelled Cokrum, but then I noticed the 3rd cover error.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@lukkychukky Thanks for sharing the pics of the comics. They look Awesome! Grats on the signatures.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@flanders AHahaha. "You're breaking up.... speak louder... you said Dave wants what? and rum?"
Post 17 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
call it the Campbell's soup error variant and add $100 to the price 🤣
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
The offending error…

Yea, that would annoy me too if it was for the PC.
What would annoy me more is this... isn't it "The Futurians" ?

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
call it the Campbell's soup error variant and add $100 to the price 🤣

There are clowns out there who might go for it, too!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:

*sigh*
Yup. That's another one that doesn't annoy me so much as it makes me roll my eyes. My eyeballs get a lot of exercise when they see this book.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Leading articles are (almost?) always omitted. Look at any issue of “The Amazing Spider-Man”, “The Batman Adventures”, or “The Boys”
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

Leading articles are (almost?) always omitted. Look at any issue of “The Amazing Spider-Man”, “The Batman Adventures”, or “The Boys”

@dielinfinite correct
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Obviously it's not set in stone, but usually something like this doesn't take too long. The book doesn't have to be regraded or re-entered into the system or anything, just print a new, corrected label and re-encapsulate.

I had to return a slab a few years ago and it got sent back within two weeks. Again, a few years ago.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Comics
Quote:

Obviously it's not set in stone, but usually something like this doesn't take too long. The book doesn't have to be regraded or re-entered into the system or anything, just print a new, corrected label and re-encapsulate.

I had to return a slab a few years ago and it got sent back within two weeks. Again, a few years ago.

I've sent back some returns more recently and it took maybe 3 ~ 4 weeks. Not that long when compared to TATs.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@lukkychukky - I have had occasions to send back items to CBCS (old style clip cracks and swapped labels). At first I waited for CS response, but realized that I could just send in with explanation and contact info like @Sigur_Ros mentioned, along with a request for credit to reimburse for the shipping coat back to them. Make sure to be point out what you want insured at for the shipping back, in case a Samsonite gorilla gets hold of your package.
Post 26 IP   flag post
600892 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?