Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I think so. We haven't had any disruptive folks lately. It seems like the regulars are all that frequent the forums lately.
Post 126 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Just how aggravated do you get when an artist cancels a con you’ve been planning for months? 😡😡
Dude……. I drove to Niagara Falls in 2019 for Dale Keown stuff. He canceled the night before when I was sitting in my hotel room.
Post 127 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
He doesn't usually like to cross the border.
Post 128 IP   flag post
He’s Canadian eh. I was on that side. I heard of other issues while I was there.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad daaaaaaang.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
OT but what ever happened to low riders? It's been a minute...
Post 131 IP   flag post
Glitter shortage bro……
Post 132 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the day lowriders were all the fashion. Now we have mall-crawlers around every turn. And people modify exhausts on imports. It used to be only domestic muscle cars had a rumble. Now every Tom dick and Harry has ghetto whine and glass pack exhaust....

My question is why do folks adjust camber on their wheels so only 25% of the tire touches the pavement correctly?

Post 133 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Back in the day lowriders were all the fashion. Now we have mall-crawlers around every turn. And people modify exhausts on imports. It used to be only domestic muscle cars had a rumble. Now every Tom dick and Harry has ghetto whine and glass pack exhaust....

My question is why do folks adjust camber on their wheels so only 25% of the tire touches the pavement correctly?

It makes the tire last 4x as long?
Post 134 IP   flag post
Actually it lasts less because of uneven wear on tire. It's not like you can even align the tires.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Actually it lasts less because of uneven wear on tire. It's not like you can even align the tires.

I never understood it either, just trying to be mathematical. Guess it would actually last .25% as long.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
A speed bump would stop that car dead
Post 137 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok new question.

Is this Wolverine? The character circled in red?

(The New Mutants, #1, page 33)

So she "summoned" Wolverine to help her in the fight? Just trying to understand.

Thanks!

Post 138 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 - Dani Moonstar is able to create images in people’s minds of things that they fear. So Wolverine wasn’t actually there. Read X-Men #133 to find out why the Hellfire soldiers fear Wolverine so much.
Post 139 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks! I was thinking it was the spirit since it was drawn that way.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

cuz it looks hella dope bro
Post 141 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash

To each their own...
Post 142 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
As you said, fashion. Influenced by drifting/drift culture where you do run extreme negative camber on the front wheels. Of course “extreme” is relative and when it goes to the levels of silliness like your photo, that is “fashion” not function.

Quote:

Post 143 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Where will it end?

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/979295
Post 144 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Where will it end?

Holy crap!I have to find mine. I should have 2 copies somewhere 😀
Post 145 IP   flag post
Quote:
Where will it end?

That yours buddy?
Post 146 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad unfortunately no, I don't own any books worth anywhere near that much. I did pick up a non-newstand copy recently though and I talked a friend out of selling a 9.6 newsstand for $1500, which we thought could have been the highest graded newstand copy before this popped up.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
That's a drunken price, so many cool books that can be bought with that kind of money.

Congrats to the seller 👍
Post 148 IP   flag post
@southerncross you're right and the same can be said about a lot of modern books.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Still time left....

Post 150 IP   flag post
Quote:
Still time left....

Time left for what? To laugh at the high bidder?
Post 151 IP   flag post
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions. I still feel this price is less outrageous than the uf#4 variant.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions.

Because many didn’t bother grading it.. seeing the absurd transacted price, that will … change. Well sold, poorly bought.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Well it's ended at over 18k and I'm sure more will pop up in the next year. There's less than 350 copies of them on the census between the standard and San Diego comic con editions. I still feel this price is less outrageous than the uf#4 variant.

That is just plain crazy
Post 154 IP   flag post
Saw this article and thought it was a joke. Apparently I was mistaken.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/17/rampaging-monkeys-kill-250-dogs-in-india-in-revenge-massacrerampaging-monkeys-kill-250-dogs-in-india-in-revenge-massacre/
Post 155 IP   flag post
600893 999 30