Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I never knew Ken Kelly was Frazetta's cousin in law. He had access to Frazetta's studio. That explains the similarities I always noticed. Now I'm off to whorebay to find a Vapiress Camilla #1, one of his last few covers from what I can tell.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector quick1unc private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a person to contact regarding incorrect grading of a book? Obviously cbcs has lackluster customer service but it shouldn’t be impossible to speak to a person when issues arise. I’ve got emails out from 3-6 months ago that have never been answered. I received a Pooh book back today that came back a 9.6 on the metal cover and the grader notes say ‘ slight production discoloration front cover barely breaks color’. The book is produced like that on purpose, but instead of recognizing that, they just dinged the grade and I would like to get it corrected.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Took a chance on this amazing adventures #5 6.0 WP (not cgc/cbcs) for $43 tax/shipped. Good or no? Waiting for it to come in.

Here it is. I cracked it to examine. I feel 6.0 right. Pages look more off white/cream to me. It is complete and no color touch that i can see. What do you think?

Post 78 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Will the MCU movies be good again with Bob Iger returning as CEO?
Post 79 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I thought Kevin fiegie(sp?) Was the only true driving force of the mcu?
Post 80 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 81 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Will the MCU movies be good again with Bob Iger returning as CEO?

EVERYTHING will be better!
Post 82 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
At least with Bob back we are finally guaranteed Mephisto!
Post 83 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody collect the original 3.75" G.I. Joe action figures? I found a box with about 30 of them loose with no accessories.... I just have to identify all of them.
Post 84 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Just a heads up for anyone that has items in their cart at MCS. They do an annual Booksgiving where you usually get one free book to add to your order for every $10 you spend, so you should wait until the option pops up to add the free items to your cart and issue payment.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Just a heads up for anyone that has items in their cart at MCS. They do an annual Booksgiving where you usually get one free book to add to your order for every $10 you spend, so you should wait until the option pops up to add the free items to your cart and issue payment.
good to know. I have several waiting to piggy back on my monthly sub shipment. Have you ever gotten a (something along the lines of) “preferred customer” credit? I got one last year for $10 or $15. It was nice surprise and picked up a book I wasn’t sure i “needed”.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Have you ever gotten a “preferred customer” credit?

That's awesome! I don't think I've received one yet. Maybe 2023 will be the year.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Any fans of Robosen Optimus Prime or into high end amps AND looking to trade away some big books, DM me.

I am looking for TMNT1 (first print), AF15, handful of other books. Will give good value on a trade.
Post 88 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know what this might be valued at?

Post 89 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nowhere near recent

Post 90 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Yeah that's definitely out dated. Thanks for the info my @Bronte brother...
Post 91 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I would say between $73 and $40.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Quote:

Booksgiving update. I thought it would start Thursday but this says the 28th.

Post 93 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Any fans of Robosen Optimus Prime or into high end amps AND looking to trade away some big books, DM me.

I am looking for TMNT1 (first print), AF15, handful of other books. Will give good value on a trade.

I'm hoarding all of my AF 15's until the next Spider-man movie in the MCU because blah blah MCU blah blah MCU blah blah...
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I'm hoarding all of my AF 15's until the next Spider-man movie in the MCU because blah blah MCU blah blah MCU blah blah...

I’m trying to add a few more copies for the same reason. I think the book will explode.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Booksgiving update. I thought it would start Thursday but this says the 28th.

Been keeping my cart open but books keep disappearing from it.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector profade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Anybody collect the original 3.75" G.I. Joe action figures? I found a box with about 30 of them loose with no accessories.... I just have to identify all of them.

@MutantMania Try this site https://www.yojoe.com/action/
Post 97 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I’m trying to add a few more copies for the same reason. I think the book will explode.

It's smart to be out ahead of the curve.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Post 99 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
“If your father could see you now he’d be rolling over in his gravy”.

Hey I call fowl
Post 100 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
does anyone know 60s gi joes that can give me a quick rough value of this lot?

Post 101 IP   flag post
No real help unfortunately, but I gotta ask why are the Joe's nude?
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
No real help unfortunately, but I gotta ask why are the Joe's nude?

lol not sure, that's how it was sent to me 🤣
Post 103 IP   flag post
Anyone use Beckett signature verification service on ebay auction recently and get a response?

I know it's the holidays but the order said it's complete and I didn't get squat. I'm hoping customer service in that department exists....
Post 104 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sooo....I've taken a bit of a break from the forum for a bit...anyone see the discount on Express tiers?

TAT's are still crazy right? - won't this just push all non-express even further back since the express are 'guaranteed' times?

Maybe I missed something where TAT's are back to 3 or 4 months so this is all good??

Also..it says "up to 33% off" but nowhere can I find what the requirements are to get 33% off
is it a certain # of books, is it a scale on tier i.e. modern, current etc.?? Express, Express plus or Super Express??
Why not just straight 33% off??

Also, also - will be applied when books received - why not a code on the form?
Can I reject the order if I don't get 33%

Why is everything a secret - why no details? why do I have to ask for details? why aren't they provided?
why is the sky blue? why do I care??
Gonna go do life for a few more days - CBCS makes me feel bad things and that's not good
Post 105 IP   flag post
615422 999 30