Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Thanks I appreciate it.
Post 951 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - It shouldn’t be considered color touch, but would be considered writing on the cover. Color touch tries to match the color of the cover in an effort to hide or mask a defect. So black ink over a yellow portion of the cover would not be color touch in my opinion. You can find graded examples where someone has colored in faces, or added designs to the letters of the title, and they are not considered color touch.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
I know they had issues with Microsoft on their website last week, however, I have not been receiving my email notifications either of receipt, change in status, pending shipping or having been shipped. I see them charge the credit card so I know they have been receiving the new orders. I also get notifications of incoming FedEx through the FedEx app. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

No issues with the forum or customer service emails.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one order of two books that are theoretically on their way to me. I got the received email on 06/05, but no others. Nothing in the FedEx app yet, either, though I don't know if things show up there when a label is created or when it's scanned at pickup.
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaDad81
I have one order of two books that are theoretically on their way to me. I got the received email on 06/05, but no others. Nothing in the FedEx app yet, either, though I don't know if things show up there when a label is created or when it's scanned at pickup.

Post 955 IP   flag post

Now I have a tracking number in the FedEx app (shows label created), still no emails about the order, though I did get a promotional email about the money-back guarantee being extended to the end of June.
Post 956 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Why is this bid so high? This makes no sense to me, especially when you zoom in on the book. Multiple spine ticks and a small color breaking crease on the bottom right corner of the front cover. It's one ugly 9.4.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=58827172

I've seen some weird bids on MCS the last couple weeks. I suspect someone with multiple accounts is bumping up prices, with no intention of paying.
Post 957 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders - Makes no sense at all. MCS has numerous 9.6 copies for sale at a lower price than the current bid for that awful-looking 9.4 (even the spine looks off based on the back cover pic).
Post 958 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo @flanders I agree. I find it perplexing as well. I have lost books to higher bidders than myself only to go on to purchase as nice or nicer books listed for sale on MCS or other sales sites for lower prices.
Post 959 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever wanted to own a @heinzdad lab project variant? Now is your chance. These two books ending in a few minutes have had @heinzdad paws all over them down in the lab where the magic happens:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=58703828

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=58704178

Post 960 IP   flag post
I'm a McNugget guzzler. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 961 IP   flag post
Post 962 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Why is this bid so high? This makes no sense to me, especially when you zoom in on the book. Multiple spine ticks and a small color breaking crease on the bottom right corner of the front cover. It's one ugly 9.4.

I've seen some weird bids on MCS the last couple weeks. I suspect someone with multiple accounts is bumping up prices, with no intention of paying.

CBCS fan?
Post 963 IP   flag post
Grader's notes from the 9.0 I just got back on TMNT #7. Is the spine stress enough to take it to 9.0? Or did it get dinged from the manufacturing error?

spine stress breaks color
pages 7 - 12 mis-cut with corner fold-over & extra paper
Post 964 IP   flag post
Quote:

Another 9.6 was just listed on MCS for $90.
Post 965 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just a question about VSP or more a comment...

It would be nice to have some sort of notification if VSP passes or fails even when I've chosen encapsulate even if fails.

I have a number in that are through the process and have moved to pressing (got the email today!) and while most I got myself so I know they are real there are 1 or 2 that I bought from Heritage and another few that are Dynamic Forces - so while I and the providers believe them to be real it would be nice for a notification/confirmation....
Post 966 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

CBCS fan?

But who would they be bidding against? Maybe @scifinator?
Post 967 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I sold a $2 book today to a buyer with a business address. So I looked up the book. Apparently it contains the first ad for Spawn.

There is a seller asking $175 for the book. To me it is still a $2 book

Post 968 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
I need your opinion on about something.

I picked up a comic that has 2 Signatures on the cover and has three (3) covers attached to the book.

All three covers are the tradedress.

I am thinking about sending it in for grading/slab just to preserve the oddity of the three covers.

Would you?

Post 969 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing comic related. But a PSA fir anyone who owns their own business. Get all your disability things checked and verified. In Florida it's a huge scam that is legally covered. They go around suing companies fir not being ADA compliant. Essentially this is legal and they sue and settle to make your life miserable. They go after any business open to public. So be mindful that you are not safe if you think only restaurants are targeted. Tbey even went after my insurance company because their website doesn't speak to disabled folks.
Post 970 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10

Some folks pay a premium for books with multiple covers. Usually the books are more valuable if they are popular titles.
Post 971 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm happy that it's been four months since our last suspension/ban on the forum.....let's keep the streak going.🍻
Post 972 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'm happy that it's been four months since our last suspension/ban on the forum.....let's keep the streak going.🍻
Aaaawwwww, I already have a beer in me. I had plans for the evening.
Post 973 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad lol!!! 4 months is a good streak even if it ends tonight. 😆
Post 974 IP   flag post

or equivalent population to the state of California. 🍻

EDIT:
The point of the post was we crossed 40M.....about the same population as California.....big country....small population.
Post 975 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Man, with all of the tourists in Orlando, I think half of those 40 million are here....
Post 976 IP   flag post

Post 977 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

If it were up to me, I'd be like, "Off with their head!"
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
When was the 30 day guarantee? I have some books that went in on May 17, 2023 and was wondering if they fell into the 30 day promo they ran.

Thanks in advance.
Post 979 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@zdoes10

Some folks pay a premium for books with multiple covers. Usually the books are more valuable if they are popular titles.

@Bronte, Thanks. That is what I was thinking, and yes, it is an odd title.
Post 980 IP   flag post
615421 999 30