Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I like the labels as is. I hope they don't change them. They are classy in their simplicity and practicality.

Also, CBCS has had too many radically different labels and in my opinion, another label change would be problematic in the market.
Post 751 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Four words: Nonsensical Floating Perez Head.
Post 752 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Isn’t the “Perez Head” CGC??? I really don’t know, I saw a pic somewhere but that’s all I retained.
Post 753 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson definitely...CGC has had many specialty labels but their blue universal label has stayed relatively the same....almost exactly the same with the exception of their really old red label.

CBCS's universal labels have been very different from one another.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Isn’t the “Perez Head” CGC??? I really don’t know, I saw a pic somewhere but that’s all I retained.

It is. My point was focusing on the "CBCS has had too many radically different labels" comment. With all the cgc custom label options, I don't think a label change would be all that detrimental.
Post 755 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@DrWatson definitely...CGC has had many specialty labels but their blue universal label has stayed relatively the same....almost exactly the same with the exception of their really old red label.

Hmmm...
Post 756 IP   flag post
In 2003 CGC changed to the familar universal label and pretty much stayed that way since.

Post 757 IP   flag post
I see, what you’re saying is @flanders is a fed. He brought all this up.
Post 758 IP   flag post

Post 759 IP   flag post
That label isn't blazing any trails either, mon ami.
Post 760 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I hear you and agree....if CBCS does change their label, I hope it's one that most can agree on and it's the last change for a while. 🍻
Post 761 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I would say they should have a vote. However, given their penchant for ignoring the forums I doubt we'd ever know.
Post 762 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think about the label differences whenever I look at my current display. To my left I see comic books immediately. To my right, my eye is drawn to grade numbers. If I was a 9.8 collector, I would want the numbers that pop. Being a comic book collector, I'm good with labels that don't try to gild the lily.

Post 763 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I would say they should have a vote. However, given their penchant for ignoring the forums I doubt we'd ever know.

I mentioned that in the survey.
Post 764 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson the vote, the part about ignoring the forums, or both?
Post 765 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Being a comic book collector, I'm good with labels that don't try to gild the lily.

Ideally I'd have my attention drawn to the book immediately, but afterwards when the label caught my eye, it would look less crappy than the current CBCS label. Maybe some mastermind can design the perfect label that won't bee too flashy and the book will still be the highlight. I certainly don't want it to look similar to CGC's.
Post 766 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I hear you and agree....if CBCS does change their label, I hope it's one that most can agree on and it's the last change for a while. 🍻
hot pink glitter label with white, off-white/white, off-white , tan, or brown(for brittle) color grade box to match the page quality and black outline lime green holofoil grade numbers.

Problem solved.
Post 767 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
There was a guy on tbe forums that was a graphics media guy and his work was pretty good. I seem to recall him making a few demos and had colossus as his avatar
Post 768 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 769 IP   flag post
@Flanders Ignoring the forums.
Post 770 IP   flag post
Was the survey a link? I can't find the email anymore....
Post 771 IP   flag post
@Bronte it shows up under the promotions tab in my Gmail.

Here's the link. It just asks for your email at the end.

clickable text
Post 772 IP   flag post
@flanders

Thank you
Post 773 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I bought this book because it had what I believe to be a genuine John Romita autograph on the cover. I looked the book up and John Romita does not appear to have worked on it in any way. If he didn't work on it, is it still worth something to have his signature on the book? I almost sent it in for verification and slabbing till I realized Romita appears to have nothing to do with the book. I figure he signed it because he can't remember every book he ever worked on. Is it worth the trouble and money to send it in?

Post 774 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I think about the label differences whenever I look at my current display. To my left I see comic books immediately. To my right, my eye is drawn to grade numbers. If I was a 9.8 collector, I would want the numbers that pop. Being a comic book collector, I'm good with labels that don't try to gild the lily.

The way you have those books positioned, it looks like the cgc number grade grows in size as you move to the right.
Post 775 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I bought this book because it had what I believe to be a genuine John Romita autograph on the cover. I looked the book up and John Romita does not appear to have worked on it in any way. If he didn't work on it, is it still worth something to have his signature on the book? I almost sent it in for verification and slabbing till I realized Romita appears to have nothing to do with the book. I figure he signed it because he can't remember every book he ever worked on. Is it worth the trouble and money to send it in?

I would do it. The artist is so closely associated with Spider-Man that I don't believe the absence of his involvement in that particular book would make a difference.
Post 776 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson, that's the direction I was leaning, but I didn't have any experience in this particular situation. It will be a while before I send the next batch since I currently have five verified books coming back to me. It's expensive to verify and slab, even with a discount.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Anybody have experience with life alert or something similar? My father fell and took me down with him. But it made me realize if he falls in his room I'll never know.

Any suggestions appreciated
Post 778 IP   flag post
We never used life alert, but we did keep a baby monitor in whichever room my mother was occupying.
Post 779 IP   flag post
My first thought was baby monitor as well, but if he goes to bathroom or another room I won't know if he falls. Looking at different options but about 30$ a month fir monitoring fees if I get something similar to life alert. Life alert being much more expensive.
Post 780 IP   flag post
601455 999 30