Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Buckets

I brought my own books, his table fee was $40 per book, $60 for autograph and remark.

Then I paid CGC directly for the grading
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Thanks, so it sounds like you were getting your books witnessed and graded by CGC.

I am only looking to have my books signed and not graded, so looking for ungraded signature fees.
Post 727 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Buckets yes. But there wasn’t a witness fee. (although several artists do charge $20 more for a witnessed signature that's going to be graded).

I paid $40 for signature or $60 signature with remark, plus the CGC payment for grading, I think that was $25 or $30.

So about $90 per book remarked and graded
Post 728 IP   flag post
@multi007 đź‘Ť Was the new pricing change this year?
Post 729 IP   flag post
@Buckets This was last year, Florida Super Con, July 2022
Post 730 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
His prices may have gone up, in 2022 at emerald city I got Claremont sig unwitnessed for $10.
Post 731 IP   flag post
@multi007 Thank you!
Post 732 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
With the new Disney character homage covers wouldn’t it make sense to do the covers for the corresponding title rather than being Spider-man variants? Like Hulk homage on a hulk book, fantastic four homage on a fantastic four book, Avengers, etc, or a title related to the cover material? Its just off to collect a Spider-Man with a different trade dress and unrelated cover art.
Post 733 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash I’m sure that will happen eventually. New stories are slow to come out (perhaps because they aren’t as financially successful as the existing characters), but there are a TON of variants and homages with low print runs, which makes me think they are profitable enough because of the low print run
Post 734 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007, last year at Comic Con Revolution in Ontario Ca. it cost me 10 dollars per book.
Post 735 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
With the new Disney character homage covers wouldn’t it make sense to do the covers for the corresponding title rather than being Spider-man variants? Like Hulk homage on a hulk book, fantastic four homage on a fantastic four book, Avengers, etc, or a title related to the cover material? Its just off to collect a Spider-Man with a different trade dress and unrelated cover art.

I agree.

However, knowing which book and issue to look for makes collecting them easy.
Post 736 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Was this the inspiration for stupid sexy Flanders?!?!?

Also, I think Captain Caboose may be even more disturbing than the McFarlane Spider-Buns.
Post 737 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Did anyone else get a survey from CBCS? I suggested a much needed label change which hopefully occurs soon, but was caught off-guard by some of the other questions.

Post 738 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I just finished the survey. I didn't see the questions you mentioned above. I think someone has their eye on you in particular and wants a piece of Flanders.
Post 739 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
....I suggested a much needed label change which hopefully occurs soon

What would you suggest they change about the label?
Post 740 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

The blandness of the design. I don't have any specific suggestions really. It seems a lot of collector's pass on CBCS because of the unappealing label and although I mostly use slabbing for my personal collection, I think I'd have an easier time selling my drek if the label was a bit flashier.
Post 741 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Adding rivets might help.

=)
Post 742 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

The blandness of the design. I don't have any specific suggestions really. It seems a lot of collector's pass on CBCS because of the unappealing label and although I mostly use slabbing for my personal collection, I think I'd have an easier time selling my drek if the label was a bit flashier.

I typically agree with you @flanders but we aren’t on this one. I believe a less flashy label leads one’s eye to the book. I could be wrong about the following but I’ll throw it out there. I don’t believe selling has anything to do with the label, just more to do with CBCS’s lack of notoriety to those that aren’t as well experienced?
Post 743 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So I see the new Marvel Series Echo is dropping in November.
Is it time to break out the Echo books now
Post 744 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I typically agree with you @flanders but we aren’t on this one. I believe a less flashy label leads one’s eye to the book. I could be wrong about the following but I’ll throw it out there. I don’t believe selling has anything to do with the label, just more to do with CBCS’s lack of notoriety to those that aren’t as well experienced?

The one word that sums up the current label is lackluster. That's it, neither good or bad. Lackluster.
Post 745 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Adding rivets might help.

=)

You'll give me nightmares.

Post 746 IP   flag post
Lackluster may be true, tis not book buster.
Post 747 IP   flag post
Quote:
Lackluster may be true, tis not book buster.

It's okay, but I'd rather not be damned by faint praise.
Post 748 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
If nobody hates you - you're doing something lackluster.
Post 749 IP   flag post
Well………… I think Ive been schooled. I have nothing to say to argue either of you fella’s.

I guess all I can say is I don’t have a problem with the labels.
Post 750 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I like the labels as is. I hope they don't change them. They are classy in their simplicity and practicality.

Also, CBCS has had too many radically different labels and in my opinion, another label change would be problematic in the market.
Post 751 IP   flag post
@GAC Four words: Nonsensical Floating Perez Head.
Post 752 IP   flag post
Isn’t the “Perez Head” CGC??? I really don’t know, I saw a pic somewhere but that’s all I retained.
Post 753 IP   flag post
@DrWatson definitely...CGC has had many specialty labels but their blue universal label has stayed relatively the same....almost exactly the same with the exception of their really old red label.

CBCS's universal labels have been very different from one another.
Post 754 IP   flag post
Quote:
Isn’t the “Perez Head” CGC??? I really don’t know, I saw a pic somewhere but that’s all I retained.

It is. My point was focusing on the "CBCS has had too many radically different labels" comment. With all the cgc custom label options, I don't think a label change would be all that detrimental.
Post 755 IP   flag post
601275 999 30