CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Brake checking scenario...

Person A is driving along.
Person B pulls out in front. (from a driveway or sidestreet)
A has to brake in order to prevent hitting the. Proceeds to honk at them (which is car talk for, "Hey dumbazz! Waddayadoin?"
B, after flipping off A, brake checks them.

In that scenario B is the “bad actor” and I am pretty sure violated traffic laws by brake checking. Of course assuming some passage of time (to allow a safe following distance to be established) A would still be held liable if they rear ended B during the brake check.

B engaged in reckless driving with the brake checking…

A related question is whether you have a dash camera to establish any or all of this. Without evidence it may be difficult to override the presumption from the impact itself.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave this! Forward and backward facing dashboard cameras are an absolute must in today’s society. They only cost about $200 or less, and about $100 to get installed professionally.

Heck, even the ring doorbell is a must. It’s less than $90 and only four dollars a month cloud saving and viewing.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I've already started to research dashcams.

A related observation...

If someone has the cajones to brake check someone, you'd think they'd have the cajones to admit it.
Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’d admit it. I’d also hope that the person would have the balls to admit they were tailgating me. Also I’d ask what their rush was.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I just love watching Facebook videos of people break checking trucks who were not tailgating. Crazy people thinking that a truck can pull up as quickly as a car.
Post 680 IP   flag post

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone excited that they picked Adam Driver to play Reed Richards in the new FF movie?
💩💩💩💩💩
Post 681 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Qué horrible.
Post 682 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Has Adam Driver been in any good movies? I see him as an actor who never makes you forget that he’s an actor playing a role and reading lines.
Post 683 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Has Adam Driver been in any good movies? I see him as an actor who never makes you forget that he’s an actor playing a role and reading lines.

Yes, he has. Logan Lucky for one. Good movie and I think the only movie I’ve seen him in.
Post 684 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not too familiar with his work but he's definitely been a part of critically acclaimed films.

Adam Driver Filmography
Post 685 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

I'm not sure, but the first time I'd ever seen Adam Driver's face was in Star Wars the Force Awakens when he removes his helmet. I guess I ruined a pivotal point of the movie for those sitting around me because upon the sight of him I had a laughing attack for about 5 minutes and everyone missed some important dialogue. I obviously couldn't have cared less, since it was the highlight of the movie for me and I was having a good time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Yes, he has. Logan Lucky for one.

I haven't seen this movie, but his performance is Marriage Story might be something to consider as well.
Post 686 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 687 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to “slab uno”? Is that archived? Who’s gonna start a new one? I really don’t remember the rules verbatim and I’m sure someone else is better versed for a proper new thread.
Post 688 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

Created
Post 689 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
5 hours and AAA still has no idea when they will dispatch a representative to assist me.

Geeze talk about great service..... =(

Edit

Eta 320am
After initial call at 8.45pm
Post 690 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I hope everything is alright. Maybe next time you should call the member formerly known as @WMorse up instead.
Post 691 IP   flag post
@flanders

Yeah. I have roofers coming at 7am. I didn't think AAA was so inept. I have had their service fir almost 20 years. The battery I think is toast I wanted to buy a new one and have them swap it out. Might need an actual tow since they said they prolly can't sell me one at this time of day

Edit

They lied. Nobody has been dispatched. I'm waiting on a ghost.....

They said they will try again to see if anyone will take this call.
Post 692 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte - I hope you finally received the service that you have been paying for all these years.
Post 693 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Lol

Nope waiting until 6am is what the lady suggested.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@esaravo

Lol

Nope waiting until 6am is what the lady suggested.

Your post at 2am said “5 hours and…” so you’ve been waiting for 8 hours+ for AAA service???

How many years free service are they offering up (in addition to the year you just paid for)? Because that is what you should demand / get - year(s) of free coverage based on that service speed.
Post 695 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave

I called them st 848pm est
It's now 5.43am est

And on hold.

BTW they suggested again to call someone pay for it. And try and get reimbursed.
Post 696 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Davethebrave

I called them st 848pm est
It's now 5.43am est

And on hold.

BTW they suggested again to call someone pay for it. And try and get reimbursed.

Where are a) you and b) the car? Remote area?

Hope you get some $$ out of this. It is spectacularly bad service.

I no longer use AAA. I think my credit card covers some basic services already.
Post 697 IP   flag post
160 bux to tow the car out of pocket.
No guarantee aaa will reimburse, but the guy said he will get it done before 7am

Edit

I'm home. The vehicle is in my driveway with a dead battery. I need the vehicle moved for roofing company to put a dumpster there
Post 698 IP   flag post
I just checked out the three books I won in the latest ComicLink auction. I was a little surprised to see that FedEx shipping on the books was $40. The items I won previously (about three to four books) had a cost of shipping that was about $20, and it wasn't that long ago, maybe eight to ten months.

A 100% shipping increase seems a little expensive to me. The latest books I purchased from MCS (three in April) ran about $14.00 shipped USPS priority mail.
Post 699 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I just checked out the three books I won in the latest ComicLink auction. I was a little surprised to see that FedEx shipping on the books was $40. The items I won previously (about three to four books) had a cost of shipping that was about $20, and it wasn't that long ago, maybe eight to ten months.

A 100% shipping increase seems a little expensive to me. The latest books I purchased from MCS (three in April) ran about $14.00 shipped USPS priority mail.

That's still cheap.

15 years ago when I was in Australia. Comic link had a blanket charge of $75 up to 3 books shipped international, no matter where it was shipped.
I won 3 books on purpose to use the up to 3 then never bid again as heritage and comic connect charged me exact international shipping.

About a third of the $75 charge.
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That's still cheap.

15 years ago when I was in Australia. Comic link had a blanket charge of $75 up to 3 books shipped international, no matter where it was shipped.
I won 3 books on purpose to use the up to 3 then never bid again as heritage and comic connect charged me exact international shipping.

About a third of the $75 charge.

But I'm not in Australia, mate.

Plus, I had 36 pounds of soap delivered yesterday by UPS and it was just over $26. Furthermore, FedEx just delivered a 24 pound scanner and it was shipped for free.
Post 701 IP   flag post
@DrWatson you're right. Just after the $75 shipping fee that was probably 20 years ago maybe not 15 I think any shipping under that price is a win.

But not if you're not used to it 👍
Post 702 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It's time for my son to start picking colleges....he wants to go to the US for school....I'm at an Education USA College Fair right now.....one of the potential candidates is Tennessee....I figure the good @DrWatson would appreciate this.

Post 703 IP   flag post
Indeed. I graduated from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville waaaaay back in 1994.
Post 704 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I've driven by a lot of colleges
Post 705 IP   flag post
600831 999 30