Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk

Unfortunately I didnt see a spot to mail in books. And I don't know anybody in Canada that could do the signing....
Post 651 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Anyone hear of an upcoming steranko signing?

Steranko will be at Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC in june
Post 652 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Could someone please tell me who this signature is?
I cannot find it in the book anywhere.
I would like to send it in for verification because it has three covers attached.

Maybe Rahzzah. I’m not sure
Post 653 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Rahseen to me, but not knowing the artist, title, or book, I have no idea.
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
June 23-25 Puyallup, WA.
Post 655 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:

Steranko will be at Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC in june

and June 16-18th
Post 656 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash @DrWatson Thank you.

Should have shown the whole book also.
Post 657 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash & @DrWatson,

Here is the book:

Post 658 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 I’m not familiar with that one. I couldn’t find any helpful info. If any part of that book is credited to “Scott Wilson” or pseudonyms “Rahzzah, Rahzzah Murdock, Razz Matazz, or Razza” then it could be Rahzzah. though his signature examples I’ve seen are quite different; maybe his signature changed when Rahzzah became his most used pseudonym.
Post 659 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Thanks for the information, I'll pull it back out and look at it for Scott Wilson.
Post 660 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is someone adding an extra zero on accident or hoping someone makes the mistake of thinking there's one less zero when purchasing these?

Post 661 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders- you know they're hoping to catch a newbie with money to burn on that line.
Post 662 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
So I have been a bit busy with work lately and CBCS has been churnin' out books like jumpin jack flash over there.
And then they go and ship them to me to boot... lol..
I have another batch showing up on Monday, the nerve... lol...
So if I don't get started logging and filing these away, will I start to emulate a hoarder????

Post 663 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 short answer; yes. The only difference between hoarders and “collectors” is the way we organize the things we won’t get rid of that has theoretical or actual value. Be it sentiment, monetary, or irrational; value is value.

Is that a 9.8 ASM 252 reprint there?
Post 664 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Comic Link question please.

I've sent facebook dm, and asked on their facebook page, but no responses.

I won an auction. I have two more auctions that end in 4 days that i suspect i'll win. Does anyone know, can I combine purchases together for a shipping cost savings?

Thanks
Post 665 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Yes you can. Wait until the end of the auction to checkout.
Post 666 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Thank you!
Post 667 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Comic Link question please.

I've sent facebook dm, and asked on their facebook page, but no responses.

I won an auction. I have two more auctions that end in 4 days that i suspect i'll win. Does anyone know, can I combine purchases together for a shipping cost savings?

Thanks

Same boat. I have three that I've won and the last isn't ending for four days. Just wait until all the auctions are finished and then pay for all at once.
Post 668 IP   flag post
@DrWatson thanks.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Question...

If an ahole brake checks you, why isn't it legal to rear-end them?
Post 670 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In theory. You are suppossed to be far enough away to come to a complete safe stop if tbey hit zero speed.

Edit

Not a fan of people that tailgate. I tap brakes and accelerate to let them know they are too close
Post 671 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Question...

If an ahole brake checks you, why isn't it legal to rear-end them?
Hilarious.. Because the person riding my ass deserves it. Go ahead and do that to a fella that doesn’t care about his pickup.
Post 672 IP   flag post
@Gaard brake checking is not illegal in all states.

And if it is, it’s considered reckless driving.
Post 673 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In theory. You are suppossed to be far enough away to come to a complete safe stop if tbey hit zero speed.

Edit

Not a fan of people that tailgate. I tap brakes and accelerate to let them know they are too close

Tailgaters are awful.

People who text while driving are terrible.

People who tailgate while texting while driving deserve to rot in…
Post 674 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Brake checking scenario...

Person A is driving along.
Person B pulls out in front. (from a driveway or sidestreet)
A has to brake in order to prevent hitting the. Proceeds to honk at them (which is car talk for, "Hey dumbazz! Waddayadoin?"
B, after flipping off A, brake checks them.
Post 675 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Brake checking scenario...

Person A is driving along.
Person B pulls out in front. (from a driveway or sidestreet)
A has to brake in order to prevent hitting the. Proceeds to honk at them (which is car talk for, "Hey dumbazz! Waddayadoin?"
B, after flipping off A, brake checks them.

In that scenario B is the “bad actor” and I am pretty sure violated traffic laws by brake checking. Of course assuming some passage of time (to allow a safe following distance to be established) A would still be held liable if they rear ended B during the brake check.

B engaged in reckless driving with the brake checking…

A related question is whether you have a dash camera to establish any or all of this. Without evidence it may be difficult to override the presumption from the impact itself.
Post 676 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave this! Forward and backward facing dashboard cameras are an absolute must in today’s society. They only cost about $200 or less, and about $100 to get installed professionally.

Heck, even the ring doorbell is a must. It’s less than $90 and only four dollars a month cloud saving and viewing.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Yeah, I've already started to research dashcams.

A related observation...

If someone has the cajones to brake check someone, you'd think they'd have the cajones to admit it.
Post 678 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’d admit it. I’d also hope that the person would have the balls to admit they were tailgating me. Also I’d ask what their rush was.
Post 679 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I just love watching Facebook videos of people break checking trucks who were not tailgating. Crazy people thinking that a truck can pull up as quickly as a car.
Post 680 IP   flag post
601362 999 30