Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought Thursday tickets to Orlando Megacon. I haven't been to a convention since 1992.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user
Is personal use authorized witness for signatures still a thing? I was going to apply for C2E2, but the application link in the thread about the Authorized Signature Program doesn't work anymore.
Post 452 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Never saw aquaman so I don't know if its supposed to be decent, but if people are walking out on 2, ouch.....

https://comicbookmovie.com/aquaman/aquaman-and-the-lost-kingdom/aquaman-the-lost-kingdom-more-details-on-supposedly-disastrous-test-screenings-emerge-a200669
Post 453 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder there are some pretty cool pre code horror books on Richard Muchin's website Tomorrow's Treasures for sale. I remember you saying you were looking.
Post 454 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
@Pre_Coder there are some pretty cool pre code horror books on Richard Muchin's website Tomorrow's Treasures for sale. I remember you saying you were looking.

Post 455 IP   flag post

1st day off in 2 weeks! Going to take my nephew to a comic book show in Annendale Virginia. May get a lock on a big book today. We will see.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@drmccoy74 have fun. And remember, cash gets the best deals.

And always check the CGC certification number
Post 457 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Date stamp question.
My son has a really nice, clean Newstand copy of an ASM #315 that we plan on submitting along with some other books to CBCS with a 9.8 prescreen. There is a small date stamp on the back cover on the guys arm. I have checked a few other Newstand copies and they don't have the marking on the arm. I also looked at my Overstreet grading guide and it states that it would be acceptable in a 9.8

I just wanted to get some of your guys thoughts and how a store stamp played out on some of your previous Newstand edition submissions.

Post 458 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips We can give you a more accurate grade if you include more photos.

on the cover - top corners, complete spine edge, bottom corners, and complete right edge.

back side same thing... top corners, complete spine edge, bottom corners, and complete right edge.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@BrianGreensnips We can give you a more accurate grade if you include more photos.

on the cover - top corners, complete spine edge, bottom corners, and complete right edge.

back side same thing... top corners, complete spine edge, bottom corners, and complete right edge.
It will be lightly cleaned and then pressed before submitting. I am only concerned about the stamp on the guys arm on the back cover.
Post 460 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips - I can’t think of any 9.8 CBCS slabs that I have that have a date stamp on the cover (front or back). I have submitted several books with date stamps on the front cover that have received either 9.4’s or 9.6’s. The grader’s notes on those books always mentions the date stamp. It should be possible to get a 9.8 with a date stamp, but I haven’t been able to get one (yet).

Post 461 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks for the feedback Ed.
Post 462 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74

@drmccoy74 Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely check the site when I get home.
Post 463 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have suggestions for a good Baseball card collectors forum? I'm going to spend a couple days with an older friend who is a recent widower. He has been a baseball card collector all his life and has a significant collection. His collection is his main source of entertainment these days. He could really use a forum like this for companionship and distraction purposes. @BigRedOne1944...any insights on this?
Post 464 IP   flag post
Not a question. Just a PSA.

nothing bundt cake free cookies and cream cake on Monday after 1:11pm until 111 guesrs have been served.

Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@BrianGreensnips - I can’t think of any 9.8 CBCS slabs that I have that have a date stamp on the cover (front or back). I have submitted several books with date stamps on the front cover that have received either 9.4’s or 9.6’s. The grader’s notes on those books always mentions the date stamp. It should be possible to get a 9.8 with a date stamp, but I haven’t been able to get one (yet).
Did you ever have the X-Men #9 with the hand written date graded? Was curious since we’ve seen CBCS Church copies with written dates pull 9.8’s.
Post 466 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Did you ever have the X-Men #9 with the hand written date graded? Was curious since we’ve seen CBCS Church copies with written dates pull 9.8’s.

The only 9.8's I know of are Pedigree copies.
The White Mountain Collection has a hand written year next to the issue number and a stamped date on the top right corner of the splash page. Kind of like the Larson collection with the "L" written on the covers...
Post 467 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:

Good memory! Yes, I had that issue graded by CBCS. It was a mid-grade copy and received a 5.5. I have a second copy, also a 5.5, so it’s available for sale or trade.

Post 468 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Wow i was only 6 months old LOL
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
I rather buy from you guys 1st if anyone have a giant size Avengers #5 Last one to complete my giant size n annuals Avengers
Post 470 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

It will be lightly cleaned and then pressed before submitting. I am only concerned about the stamp on the guys arm on the back cover.

Date stamps do not count against the grade. A 9.8 should be possible.
Post 471 IP   flag post
9.8 NEAR MINT/MINT (NM/MT):

Nearly perfect in every way with only minor imperfections that keep it from the next higher grade. Only subtle bindery or printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with high reflectivity and minimal fading. Corners are cut square and sharp. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location.

Post 472 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Nice book... Can barely see the stamp..
Post 473 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I've been watching a bunch of those road rage type videos on Youtube. I've noticed a lot of motorcycles drive down the middle of the two lanes of stopped traffic, presumably to not have to stop at the back. Is this legal?
Post 474 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
I've been watching a bunch of those road rage type videos on Youtube. I've noticed a lot of motorcycles drive down the middle of the two lanes of stopped traffic, presumably to not have to stop at the back. Is this legal?

No.
Post 475 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

No.

It is in my state.
Post 476 IP   flag post
That's crazy. I always want to open my car door when I see them approaching fast
Post 477 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

No.

It is in my state.

Your state (Cali) and much (or most) of the world.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Lately though there has been a HUGE influx of idiot motorcycle and bicycle doing wheelies on road. Sometimes during traffic in intersection. I secretly hope they get seriously hurt to learn a lesson.

Another recent phenomenon is electric scooters on sidewalk. Now you really have to be careful because some idiot is going 30mph on sidewalk and I'm not used to looking for oncoming traffic from the right on a sidewalk....
Post 479 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 480 IP   flag post
597956 999 30