Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
If it's cbcs no difference. You get what you get and it is what it is.

If it's cgc I'd opt for the older book if sight unseen and I had to gamble.

Agreed, but for different reasons. A CGC slab from 2013 is far less likely to have been pressed than a CGC slab from 2021. Won't be CBCS, they weren't around in 2013. If PGX, I would stay clear of anything from 2013.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia @Bronte Thank you!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me or are the new Alex Ross Timeless villian covers not that great? The art looks fine on the cover with all the villians but maybe when they're blown up for single covers something looks off.

Here's a link which shows several of the covers:

https://bigtimecollectibles.com/collections/alex-ross-timeless-variant?page=1

This one of Doc Ock looks awful to me, but I do like the Mystique cover.

Post 353 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up the black cat black and white sketch. For some reason I like it better than color.
Post 354 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Is it just me or are the new Alex Ross Timeless villian covers not that great? The art looks fine on the cover with all the villians but maybe when they're blown up for single covers something looks off.

I thought the same thing when I saw the full gallery, it seems a definite step down in the overall eye appeal from the first series.
Post 355 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone own an Xbox one s or x they don't use and would like to sell me? I thought I'd ask here first. My friend told me you can play the original halo online so I'm looking forward to playing some capture the flag on Blood Gulch.
Post 356 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

He almost looks like a chubby Moe from the three stooges 😉
Post 357 IP   flag post
Quote:

Looks like an old-school LPGA tournament champion.
Post 358 IP   flag post
@MutantMania @EbayMafia both spot on!
Post 359 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does anyone own an Xbox one s or x they don't use and would like to sell me?

I jumped the gun and bought one on Ebay.
Post 360 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else pre-order the PSVR2?

Never had any interest in owning a VR headset before but ordered it for my recently completed racing simulator and it looks incredible.
Post 361 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

He's a fat, nerdy, evil scientist. That's kind of what you get. Although, a tentacle here and there wouldn't have hurt. (I know, that's what she said.)
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
If you were buying a book, and you saw two graded books with the same grade, (both are 9.6) and same price…. The only difference between the two are the grading date. One was graded in 2021. The other graded in 2013.

My goal is to TRY to get pressing to get a bump to 9.8

Which book would you get? The one graded in 2013, or 2021?

It goes without saying, but check the Grader’s notes for each.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@steveinthecity Thanks, they were both blank. I ended up going with the 2013 book.
Post 364 IP   flag post
@flanders no - that's the RETIRED DOC OC VARIANT !!
Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
do anyone known where the best place to get all variants at ? if you wanted them ex. sin of sinister.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Reelgee The Comic Mint has bundles available for ALL of the Alex Ross Timeless covers.

I've just been ordering the ones I like. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), there's only been about 5 or 6 of the villian covers that I like. That's in both waves.
Post 367 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Could anyone tell me why my CBCS email notification aren't coming thru complete on my laptop only?
Post 368 IP   flag post
I knew their pressing was bad but not so bad that they're struggling for business. Any other interpretations?

Post 369 IP   flag post
You can cut a lot of time off your quag when you cut corners.....

Edit, I meant queueue
Post 370 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Could anyone tell me why my CBCS email notification aren't coming thru complete on my laptop only?

Does your email account have syncing turned on? I was only getting email on one device and then I discovered I had turned off syncing on that email account.
Post 371 IP   flag post
Quote:
I knew their pressing was bad but not so bad that they're struggling for business. Any other interpretations?

Submission volumes have dropped / are dropping.

Not pressing specific, just overall.
Post 372 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Does your email account have syncing turned on? I was only getting email on one device and then I discovered I had turned off syncing on that email account.
It seems it was just that day. My cable connection AI'ed itself.
Post 373 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They had hiring notices up for a while with Blackstone and the market correction probably has submissions down overall too. The combination of all the new hires along with the market and overall horrible reputation of their pressing all are factors i think.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Quote:

They had hiring notices up for a while with Blackstone and the market correction probably has submissions down overall too. The combination of all the new hires along with the market and overall horrible reputation of their pressing all are factors i think.

To be fair I'm not really up on industry news but the little I have heard about CCS was never good. I have one order on its way to CGC right now and I decided to go with CFP and much longer TATs than with CCS...and I think another order is going CFP and CGCs way...especially since CFP has cut off CBCS...at least for the time being
Post 375 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave yup. less people are home now - many are back to work - the last thing on their minds is getting their favorite collectible graded.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave yup. less people are home now - many are back to work - the last thing on their minds is getting their favorite collectible graded.

Less about back to work, more about big drops in speculative books (particularly around MCU/Marvel characters) plus this:

Post 377 IP   flag post
Random Rants:

Am i the only pissed off over the weather in Texas?

I missed out on 2 book signing deadlines because books I ordered STILL hasnt seen any movement by MCS or 2 ebayers from TX. MCS just showed my Ren and Stimpy books were shipped (ordered 2 weeks ago) but too late now... I'll have to hang on to them for another Billy West signing.

What more frustrating is when you send a book off to be pressed - THEN a week or 2 later someone announces a private signing for the book you just sent to pressing... you NO LONGER HAVE IN YOUR POSSESSION!

(this forum needs an angry emoji)
Post 378 IP   flag post
Quote:
Am i the only pissed off over the weather in Texas?

Highly unlikely that you are the only one. Your reason for being pissed off is what differentiates you from a few hundred thousand other people.
Post 379 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia yea i guess in the grand scheme of things, i should be glad im not there and hopeful for their safety...
Post 380 IP   flag post
601198 999 30