Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@HulkSmash what are they doing?
putting figures in closed boxes. The Vintage Collection Book of Boba Fett - Boba Fett came in a closed box rather than a blister card And there are a few others that will be coming the same way. I’m overly particular I guess.

I prefer the blister packaging too. I couldn't tell what the issue was from the picture. Legit complaint.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Am I crazy or is the label wrong? There are other sigs on that book right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225128124970?hash=item346aae922a:g:ffMAAOSwbJJjAcvW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4LSZZlDp7u6s5O1adZxGnUUs7t6d92DdXCcm5Q5lDxRNZpb18OLHMU28mZevkbxpcviJ88mCP0knYonPCmf4jBgFb%2B0Oe74%2BSEUNi%2FAimJuLjvDf5oLeTF40nY9YwqNAxUwXqSJcJGRqIHRU%2FVJLZ0SGCK8%2FSFuY4NiMR783GLTXr17y7y%2BJtyR%2FbWE3e8IxHNC1QMONKerZCqi2%2FPAcOq%2BrvQViID9ztVEkNcaUpUvWuHUhDnHaQr%2FfMOs1fE6qYtGUz1x6OK6xZwiFMYYfgvXi27ikql0%2F%2BvIr82XXa2iu%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5z12ou6YQ
Post 327 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Further down the listing:

"This slab has a CGC label error on it. The CGC label only shows that it's only signed and remarked by Ben Bishop."
Post 328 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007

Yeah. Even the seller states that in his description. My question is why doesn't he get it fixed instead of selling it like it is?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Yup, it looks wrong to me. For some reason, they left off the other signatures. If it was mine, I would have contacted CGC ASAP for a ME (mechanical error) and sent it back.
Post 330 IP   flag post

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson @Bronte @OGJackster

I completely missed that in the description. 👍
Post 331 IP   flag post
For the purpose of INVESTMENT, what is the consensus of getting keys autographed / remarqued?

Leave them untouched? Get them signed?

Thanks
Post 332 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I asked myself that question as well. I looked up Spider-man 300 on gpanalysis and the answer was pretty clear. A signature from mcfarlane was more than a blank book.
Post 333 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I believe from a purely investment perspective, signed books will usually command a premium over unsigned books but I also believe there are a couple of caveats:

1.) The signees would need to be the top tier creators, artists and writers who've made considerable contributions to the art form.

2.) The buying pool is probably a little smaller. There are some collectors who look at signatures as a defect regardless of who signed it. I would guest that this is not a major issue though. Most collectors have accepted signatures on books.
Post 334 IP   flag post
@Bronte @GAC

i just picked up a power man 24. 9.2 grade. so later down the road, i might think about cracking the case for a witnessed signing or two...

thanks!!
Post 335 IP   flag post
@multi007 Nice!!

Our pleasure!!
Post 336 IP   flag post
@GAC thanks. I think I did good on the price too, $266 all included from mycomicshop.
Post 337 IP   flag post
So. Cbcs has increased customer service response times. Last 2 emails got responses in less than 2 hours. They didnt tell me what I needed to know but the fact that they are answering at all is a step in the right direction.
Post 338 IP   flag post
There was a lot of discussion years ago about what was the better long term book grade for grade investment wise: Incredible Hulk 181 or Giant Size X-men 1.
Post 339 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
I got caught up in the moment last year at Wondercon and bought some limited metal covers from the Aftershock booth. (They are just so darn shiny!)
They had some writers and artists at the booth so I got them signed with CBCS witnessing the sig and handed the books to them to grade.
I assume I’ll be getting the books back at some point in the next couple of months but I have just some fun speculative questions while I’m waiting.
1. Will there be an issue with the metal cover as the book is going through heat and slab process?
2. With the metal cover, do I think there would be a chance for a 9.8 or even (gasp!) higher?
3. Was slabbing metal cover books even a good idea on my part?

They’re just for me, no harm/no foul either way but does anyone else have experience having a metal cover graded? How did it go?

I’m looking forward to finding out. 🤓
Post 340 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have more information about these? I can't find any info on the number of pages these have, but it appears that the interior is cover art from multiple x-men issues.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=97341

Post 341 IP   flag post
@flanders

There's a guy in youtube that seems to know about the artists and he flips through one magazine.

Post 342 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte awesome! Thanks for finding that. I just bought them all .
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders where u buy them at?
Post 344 IP   flag post
@Reelgee

Pretty sure the link to mycomicshop.com had a decrease in inventory in the past few minutes

Edit

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=97341
Post 345 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
@flanders where u buy them at?
The moon………….

Edit: I kid. I’ll let Ned answer.
Post 346 IP   flag post
yea 4,5 all gone
Post 347 IP   flag post
opp 3,4 gone
Post 348 IP   flag post
If you were buying a book, and you saw two graded books with the same grade, (both are 9.6) and same price…. The only difference between the two are the grading date. One was graded in 2021. The other graded in 2013.

My goal is to TRY to get pressing to get a bump to 9.8

Which book would you get? The one graded in 2013, or 2021?
Post 349 IP   flag post
If it's cbcs no difference. You get what you get and it is what it is.

If it's cgc I'd opt for the older book if sight unseen and I had to gamble.
Post 350 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
If it's cbcs no difference. You get what you get and it is what it is.

If it's cgc I'd opt for the older book if sight unseen and I had to gamble.

Agreed, but for different reasons. A CGC slab from 2013 is far less likely to have been pressed than a CGC slab from 2021. Won't be CBCS, they weren't around in 2013. If PGX, I would stay clear of anything from 2013.
Post 351 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia @Bronte Thank you!!
Post 352 IP   flag post
Is it just me or are the new Alex Ross Timeless villian covers not that great? The art looks fine on the cover with all the villians but maybe when they're blown up for single covers something looks off.

Here's a link which shows several of the covers:

https://bigtimecollectibles.com/collections/alex-ross-timeless-variant?page=1

This one of Doc Ock looks awful to me, but I do like the Mystique cover.

Post 353 IP   flag post
I picked up the black cat black and white sketch. For some reason I like it better than color.
Post 354 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Is it just me or are the new Alex Ross Timeless villian covers not that great? The art looks fine on the cover with all the villians but maybe when they're blown up for single covers something looks off.

Here's a link which shows several of the covers:

https://bigtimecollectibles.com/collections/alex-ross-timeless-variant?page=1

This one of Doc Ock looks awful to me, but I do like the Mystique cover.

I thought the same thing when I saw the full gallery, it seems a definite step down in the overall eye appeal from the first series.
Post 355 IP   flag post
597873 999 30