Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Opinions... Do you think $300 each for the Spawn Kickstarter Red and Green foil editions CGC 9.8 a good price?

That sounds too expensive. Are you trying to find out how much to list them for? If you're buying you'd be better off purchasing the trilogy pack for far less and sending them in yourself.
Post 301 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
What am I missing?

I'm not sure either, but I can understand why someone would want to completely step away from interacting online if they have the opportunity to connect with people in their community instead or they feel they're spending too much time on the forum. My best friend gave up social media over a year ago and has no regrets. For me, this forum is great since my in person interactions are limited (and it would be great even if they weren't ).
Post 302 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Is inked over blue line remotely valuable? I'm looking at a piece of art but it doesn't appear to be original penciled and then inked. It seems as though the inker just inked a copy of the original art. To me that seems like it isn't worth anything since the inker just inked a photocopy. Am I wrong? Am I misunderstanding the process?
Post 303 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte the original pencils might be digital depending on the age of the piece.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Has anyone else gotten books from Comiclink recently? They may have gotten the memo about those effing stickers. All 12 slabs I got didn't have one on them.
Post 305 IP   flag post

I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Has anyone else gotten books from Comiclink recently? They may have gotten the memo about those effing stickers. All 12 slabs I got didn't have one on them.

One can only hope!
Post 306 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Is inked over blue line remotely valuable? I'm looking at a piece of art but it doesn't appear to be original penciled and then inked. It seems as though the inker just inked a copy of the original art. To me that seems like it isn't worth anything since the inker just inked a photocopy. Am I wrong? Am I misunderstanding the process?

I don't like inks on blue lines, but that's just me. It is what you said. The artist (penciler) sends a copy (digital or otherwise) to the inker. It's original inks, but no original pencils.
Post 307 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you that have a TooJay's in your area, 5$ pastrami sandwich with coupon code Pastrami5
Post 308 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Daredevil......Sell now or wait for the new series to come out?
Post 309 IP   flag post
I only have 1 daredevil book, but I would hold out. Netflix daredevil was quite popular. If marvel can replicate the enthusiasm, it should be a nice bump in value.
Post 310 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Plus market is a little low now, waiting 12 months should see a bump
Post 311 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For those of you that have a TooJay's in your area, 5$ pastrami sandwich with coupon code Pastrami5

If only I had a TooJays. Always nice to feed a family of 4 for under $25.
Post 312 IP   flag post
For what its worth, my brother said it was very tasty and for 5 bux worth it. Regular price of 13$ not so much.
Post 313 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte @multi007 thanks for the input...back on the shelf they go then šŸ‘
Post 314 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Adam Warlock: GotG3

Post 315 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Every time I see that guy it reminds of the movie where he got bit in the balls by a tarantula šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ
Post 316 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Every time I see that guy it reminds of the movie where he got bit in the balls by a tarantula šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

lol!!!! What movie was that?! šŸ¤£
Post 317 IP   flag post
Never saw it but this is what Google yielded

Post 318 IP   flag post
He doesn't have the face to play Adam Warlock.
Post 319 IP   flag post
@Bronte Thanks!! I suppose I could have looked that up too but thank you for doing so.

That is quite funny and now I too will think of spider bite balls when seeing GotG3.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Why are they doing this?! I like collecting these in the blister packs where I can see the items. I guarantee the majority of buyers for the retro lines are collectors who like to keep these unopened.

Post 321 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash what are they doing?
Post 322 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
putting figures in closed boxes. The Vintage Collection Book of Boba Fett - Boba Fett came in a closed box rather than a blister card And there are a few others that will be coming the same way. Iā€™m overly particular I guess.
Post 323 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash - You made me think of this.

Post 324 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Why are they doing this?!

So they can claim that the packaging is plastic free. Kind of ironic since everything inside the box is made of plastic.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
putting figures in closed boxes. The Vintage Collection Book of Boba Fett - Boba Fett came in a closed box rather than a blister card And there are a few others that will be coming the same way. Iā€™m overly particular I guess.

I prefer the blister packaging too. I couldn't tell what the issue was from the picture. Legit complaint.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Am I crazy or is the label wrong? There are other sigs on that book right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225128124970?hash=item346aae922a:g:ffMAAOSwbJJjAcvW&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4LSZZlDp7u6s5O1adZxGnUUs7t6d92DdXCcm5Q5lDxRNZpb18OLHMU28mZevkbxpcviJ88mCP0knYonPCmf4jBgFb%2B0Oe74%2BSEUNi%2FAimJuLjvDf5oLeTF40nY9YwqNAxUwXqSJcJGRqIHRU%2FVJLZ0SGCK8%2FSFuY4NiMR783GLTXr17y7y%2BJtyR%2FbWE3e8IxHNC1QMONKerZCqi2%2FPAcOq%2BrvQViID9ztVEkNcaUpUvWuHUhDnHaQr%2FfMOs1fE6qYtGUz1x6OK6xZwiFMYYfgvXi27ikql0%2F%2BvIr82XXa2iu%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5z12ou6YQ
Post 327 IP   flag post
Further down the listing:

"This slab has a CGC label error on it. The CGC label only shows that it's only signed and remarked by Ben Bishop."
Post 328 IP   flag post
@multi007

Yeah. Even the seller states that in his description. My question is why doesn't he get it fixed instead of selling it like it is?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 Yup, it looks wrong to me. For some reason, they left off the other signatures. If it was mine, I would have contacted CGC ASAP for a ME (mechanical error) and sent it back.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601284 999 30