Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash But seriously, here's a few laughs...

[youtube]https://[/youtube]
Post 276 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Why the hell is this Bobba Fett in a windowless box! I still like it, but now im inconvenienced in having to get a display box for it and a way to display the accessories with it… fist world problems🤣

lol. usually those are fan made or modern spoofs...
Post 277 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@esaravo Thanks!

New question.

Is this a fair price? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144870831793?hash=item21baf976b1:g:EhgAAOSwLzljgk2A&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsC8Jc1X24pY9BlkgS80d7TJtUSYxrxPp3eiBGp4E2FY5DUNy8qv%2BrxgmG0fWvyP8sFoSiuu2bMOYzGZLC5xwTi%2FvbPBRZAA819Qz8A5%2FE9VHsizQcJJ1vuGeexi1b8Aqck3lanhg5KB6D7iHjUsVWOrolFM0ltDms%2FPfR1XgOpidpOUfOYsj%2BeJNk2VJnlBAqMY%2BtVF8Ua%2BWm5C5zrFsmzIBb44ZcX4z9%2BBijOtX7pir%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_aa1vurYQ

@GAC @Bronte

Just got the book in. Does look like a 9.2 to 9.4 in my opinion. But what do I know….

Going to get it signed by Doug moench and don perlin and pressed.

I’m happy.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
nice
Post 279 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Is the market correction over? Is this book a good indicator?
Or is this going to be a 1k book by summer?
Post 280 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

I think that sales price is a bit high. I've seen it as low as 1.5k with no sales tax and shipping included on the non-major sites. 1k seems reasonable and maybe a slight spike right before the June Spider-Verse movie release. I think a lot of the bigger books are starting to go back down to about double their pre-lockdown prices. This book was around $500 then so your 1k estimation is spot on.
Post 281 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Why the hell is this Bobba Fett in a windowless box! I still like it, but now im inconvenienced in having to get a display box for it and a way to display the accessories with it… fist world problems🤣

Wow, who knew Bobba Fett was Doctor Mindbender from G.I. Joe?
Post 282 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics

I think that sales price is a bit high. I've seen it as low as 1.5k with no sales tax and shipping included on the non-major sites. 1k seems reasonable and maybe a slight spike right before the June Spider-Verse movie release. I think a lot of the bigger books are starting to go back down to about double their pre-lockdown prices. This book was around $500 then so your 1k estimation is spot on.

It’s down more than 50% from peak already…
Post 283 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

That's a great point. I've never been known for being rational . I still think the price will drop in the next couple of months.
Post 284 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

That's a great point. I've never been known for being rational . I still think the price will drop in the next couple of months.

I meant to edit. I think it has further to fall too…
Post 285 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

i was thinking Kojak. He come with the helmet so you dont have to see his ugly mug.
Post 286 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@HulkSmash But seriously, here's a few laughs...

[youtube]https://[/youtube]

Stinking awesome!!!
Post 287 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So I inquired about a book at cbcs and I got an email response in less than 20 minutes. I tried phone and it rung for 2 minutes before I gave up.

I hope the rapid email response is a sign of a turnaround for company.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

i was thinking Kojak. He come with the helmet so you dont have to see his ugly mug.

He does look like Kojak, lol. Who loves ya, baby?
Post 289 IP   flag post
Post 290 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
So, many of us know our pal @sborock went over to enjoy himself for a while at My Comic Shop, hunting the countryside for awesome artwork and great comics. And today is his last day there and he will soon be heading back to F-L-A.... to be reunited with the fam. And to begin the chapter of his amazing journey in the comic book and comic art hobby.

The question is, where will he go, and what will he do as an ambassador for our hobby?
One thing is for sure as he turns the page to the next chapter, we here at his CBCS forum fam, we wish him well and look forward to hearing from him when he emerges onto the next plateau.

Post 291 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone currently selling on ComicConnect?
Sorry if these were answered before

So when you sell something with a buy it now you ship to ComicConnect and then they ship to the buyer?
I believe it is a 10% fee and how long does it take to get your money?
What are the pros and cons?

Thanks
Post 292 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

This is the 2nd time I've already seen this setup for charges this year. Is this going to be the new normal for upcharges for PayPal G&S or just an outlier?
Post 293 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics i think a post like that will be an outlier.

if there was a book that i wanted and he was the only one offering it at a good price, personally id send a check (providing references and referrals check out).

for example. Id pay up to $50 dollars for a high grade dragon's lair #1 arcana. if someone selling it told me "$65 paypal or $50 personal check", id send a check.
Post 294 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Jessica Jones is back?

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-krysten-ritter-jessica-jones-reboot.html
Post 295 IP   flag post
I never understood the need to involve a moderator to delete an account. Why don't you just walk away and be done with it? Notifications will end soon enough if you don't manually turn off the sertings. Why involve someone in it? From my understanding, the history stays intact in Google, so it's not like erasing your footsteps. What am I missing?
Post 296 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Opinions... Do you think $300 each for the Spawn Kickstarter Red and Green foil editions CGC 9.8 a good price?
Post 297 IP   flag post
@MutantMania

Is that what came with the 3 pack purchase?
Post 298 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@MutantMania

Is that what came with the 3 pack purchase?

Yes..Director's Cut #1 Red Foil, Green Foil, and Artist Proof.
Post 299 IP   flag post
Thank you. I never opened my box so I have no idea what was in there....
Post 300 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Opinions... Do you think $300 each for the Spawn Kickstarter Red and Green foil editions CGC 9.8 a good price?

That sounds too expensive. Are you trying to find out how much to list them for? If you're buying you'd be better off purchasing the trilogy pack for far less and sending them in yourself.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
What am I missing?

I'm not sure either, but I can understand why someone would want to completely step away from interacting online if they have the opportunity to connect with people in their community instead or they feel they're spending too much time on the forum. My best friend gave up social media over a year ago and has no regrets. For me, this forum is great since my in person interactions are limited (and it would be great even if they weren't ).
Post 302 IP   flag post
Is inked over blue line remotely valuable? I'm looking at a piece of art but it doesn't appear to be original penciled and then inked. It seems as though the inker just inked a copy of the original art. To me that seems like it isn't worth anything since the inker just inked a photocopy. Am I wrong? Am I misunderstanding the process?
Post 303 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte the original pencils might be digital depending on the age of the piece.
Post 304 IP   flag post
Has anyone else gotten books from Comiclink recently? They may have gotten the memo about those effing stickers. All 12 slabs I got didn't have one on them.
Post 305 IP   flag post
601528 999 30