Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
he's got a 1 feedback....for me, that's an immediate dealbreaker.

I get everyone has to start with zero but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

Tracking shows the book should arrive to my house tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

@Bronte @EbayMafia

I guess raw grades is where MCS shines. I recently bought on eBay, and it really does depend on who is doing the selling…. I’ve found that shop shops do well with accurate raw grades. Whereas the guy next door just gives their novice opinion. I’ve had one or two returns because of someone saying “this is a 9.8 book all day long” yet when received it looked like a reader’s copy. Lol

I guess that’s not a problem on MCS. Very good to know.

Thanks

Another question about MCS.

Lets say I have a few CGC slabs to consign. Who sets the price? Ive read over their consign with us page and I cant see where it says who decides the price of the slab I send them? It wanted me to fill out a shipping form to send the slab(s) to them, but before I do that, id like to know about the pricing. Do they set the price, do I? and if I do, WHERE is that page? I cant seem to locate it.

Thanks.
Post 251 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You set the price.

After they accept your book they send you a link to all your consigned items and you decide what you want to sell it for. You can change the price at any time so you have a lot of freedom in that regard.

Edit

I would send in a couple of low value books and test the waters. It's easier to see what we are talking zbkut when you actually experience the process. It's easier than I thought it would be
Post 252 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte thanks!
Post 253 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@EbayMafia - It looks like Ozzie Turner has a very sore ass, because his shorts are torn exposing his bare cheeks and there’s a trail of stars coming off his butt. The trail of stars seems to originate from the crotch of the blonde runner behind him. Next to Ozzie’s bare ass there appear to be six or 7 sperm-shaped designs swimming away from his butt in the direction of the trail of stars. The starter pistol is pointing straight up, and there is no other clue I can see that could possibly explain what caused Ozzie’s ass pain. Your guess is as good as mine!

I'm going to assume Ozzie got shot in the ass by the starters pistol which made him bolt from the starting line ahead of all the other racers.
Post 254 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
he's got a 1 feedback....for me, that's an immediate dealbreaker.

I get everyone has to start with zero but I don't want to be the guinea pig.

Tracking shows the book should arrive to my house tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Quote:

@Bronte @EbayMafia

I guess raw grades is where MCS shines. I recently bought on eBay, and it really does depend on who is doing the selling…. I’ve found that shop shops do well with accurate raw grades. Whereas the guy next door just gives their novice opinion. I’ve had one or two returns because of someone saying “this is a 9.8 book all day long” yet when received it looked like a reader’s copy. Lol

I guess that’s not a problem on MCS. Very good to know.

Thanks

Another question about MCS.

Lets say I have a few CGC slabs to consign. Who sets the price? Ive read over their consign with us page and I cant see where it says who decides the price of the slab I send them? It wanted me to fill out a shipping form to send the slab(s) to them, but before I do that, id like to know about the pricing. Do they set the price, do I? and if I do, WHERE is that page? I cant seem to locate it.

Thanks.

@multi007 I believe the seller sets the price. I don't know if/where it specifically states that.
Post 255 IP   flag post

" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 256 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC and @Davethebrave - Both plausible, but based on what evidence? He could have backed into a cactus, gotten head-butted or kicked by an animal, sat on a hornet/bee/wasp’s nest, been burnt by a flame- thrower, or dozens of other slap-stick gags seen on the covers of other comics of this time period, like Archie, Bugs Bunny, or the Katzenjammer Kids. It seems odd they would leave you guessing, and based on the “Contents” section for this book at MCS, this doesn’t appear to be a panel from a story in this comic. Anyway, I have already spent far too much time trying to figure it out, but it is a pretty funny cover, nevertheless.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
@GAC and @Davethebrave - Both plausible, but based on what evidence? He could have backed into a cactus, gotten head-butted or kicked by an animal, sat on a hornet/bee/wasp’s nest, been burnt by a flame- thrower, or dozens of other slap-stick gags seen on the covers of other comics of this time period, like Archie, Bugs Bunny, or the Katzenjammer Kids. It seems odd they would leave you guessing, and based on the “Contents” section for this book at MCS, this doesn’t appear to be a panel from a story in this comic. Anyway, I have already spent far too much time trying to figure it out, but it is a pretty funny cover, nevertheless.

I read the book and he was messing around with dog whistles so the cover seems apropos.

Edit: rear patch missing of pants is also pretty standard “dog bit ass” BUT agree we will likely never know. One of life’s mysteries.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Quote:

There's no evidence, that's true but I think that's what the artist may have been implying...not sure. I'll agree that it is weird if the starters pistol did shoot Ozzie in the butt but if not, then that just one other thing that makes this cover very confusing
Post 259 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

There's no evidence, that's true but I think that's what the artist may have been implying...not sure. I'll agree that it is weird if the starters pistol did shoot Ozzie in the butt but if not, then that just one other thing that makes this cover very confusing

Looking at other covers, I think it's just part of a nonsense them for Ozzie Turner.

Post 260 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Looking at other covers, I think it's just part of a nonsense them for Ozzie Turner.

Yes, it seems like the absurd is a common theme.
Post 261 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

There's nothing new under the sun.
Post 262 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Funny though that it still had us scratching our heads and discussing 75 years after production.
Post 263 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The cover art has little to do with the story inside as that scene isn't replicated in the interior pages.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Funny though that it still had us scratching our heads and discussing 75 years after production.

Like movie trailers with scenes that never appear in the movie.

Some thematic representation, or reflection of tone, characters etc… but sometimes entirely disconnected from the plot.
Post 265 IP   flag post
New question.

Do people have colorists color bw sketch covers like this? Is it done, Is there a market for them? Thanks

Post 266 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Is that a mass produced sketch or a one off?
Post 267 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
If that is a one off I would leave it be.
Post 268 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
It's a copy of Clone 1 skybound.
If you were to pay a pro to color that you would need a 2nd mortgage on your house... lol...
clickable text
Post 269 IP   flag post
It’s a book inside the Skybound Fifth Anniversary Box Set sold at the San Diego Comic Con.

@Nearmint67 ha ha ha!
Post 270 IP   flag post
Would that even be considered a one off?
Post 271 IP   flag post
Here is a side by side of the BW and colored version.

Post 272 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Why the hell is this Bobba Fett in a windowless box! I still like it, but now im inconvenienced in having to get a display box for it and a way to display the accessories with it… fist world problems🤣

Post 273 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
got a response back from customer service....but I'm not sure english is their first language so I'm just as confused as before!!
oh well... eventually things will work out - just have an order for pickup from MCS and wanted to be sure they had it marked that way (cause last time it wasn't!!)
Post 274 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Happy Birthday over there....
Have a great party....

Post 275 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash But seriously, here's a few laughs...

[youtube]https://[/youtube]
Post 276 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Why the hell is this Bobba Fett in a windowless box! I still like it, but now im inconvenienced in having to get a display box for it and a way to display the accessories with it… fist world problems🤣

lol. usually those are fan made or modern spoofs...
Post 277 IP   flag post
Quote:
@esaravo Thanks!

New question.

Is this a fair price? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144870831793?hash=item21baf976b1:g:EhgAAOSwLzljgk2A&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsC8Jc1X24pY9BlkgS80d7TJtUSYxrxPp3eiBGp4E2FY5DUNy8qv%2BrxgmG0fWvyP8sFoSiuu2bMOYzGZLC5xwTi%2FvbPBRZAA819Qz8A5%2FE9VHsizQcJJ1vuGeexi1b8Aqck3lanhg5KB6D7iHjUsVWOrolFM0ltDms%2FPfR1XgOpidpOUfOYsj%2BeJNk2VJnlBAqMY%2BtVF8Ua%2BWm5C5zrFsmzIBb44ZcX4z9%2BBijOtX7pir%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_aa1vurYQ

@GAC @Bronte

Just got the book in. Does look like a 9.2 to 9.4 in my opinion. But what do I know….

Going to get it signed by Doug moench and don perlin and pressed.

I’m happy.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
nice
Post 279 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

Is the market correction over? Is this book a good indicator?
Or is this going to be a 1k book by summer?
Post 280 IP   flag post
598082 999 30