Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@multi007 - Reasonable printing creases/defects should not count against the grade.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thanks!

New question.

Is this a fair price? Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144870831793?hash=item21baf976b1:g:EhgAAOSwLzljgk2A&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsC8Jc1X24pY9BlkgS80d7TJtUSYxrxPp3eiBGp4E2FY5DUNy8qv%2BrxgmG0fWvyP8sFoSiuu2bMOYzGZLC5xwTi%2FvbPBRZAA819Qz8A5%2FE9VHsizQcJJ1vuGeexi1b8Aqck3lanhg5KB6D7iHjUsVWOrolFM0ltDms%2FPfR1XgOpidpOUfOYsj%2BeJNk2VJnlBAqMY%2BtVF8Ua%2BWm5C5zrFsmzIBb44ZcX4z9%2BBijOtX7pir%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_aa1vurYQ
Post 227 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The fact the guy is misrepresenting the book as a cgc 9.4 has red flags all over. I wouldn't touch it.

He knows better and says it's "like" a cgc 9.4 in description. When people bend the truth I find it hard to take them seriously.
Post 228 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
he's got a 1 feedback....for me, that's an immediate dealbreaker.

I get everyone has to start with zero but I don't want to be the guinea pig.
Post 229 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@multi007 - Reasonable printing creases/defects should not count against the grade.

I posed that quandary to our pal Borock last year, he confirmed that they usually don't do a deduction unless it's huge and very pronounced. He also told me "it won't get a 9.8" with the printers creases.
Post 230 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

I posed that quandary to our pal Borock last year, he confirmed that they usually don't do a deduction unless it's huge and very pronounced. He also told me "it won't get a 9.8" with the printers creases.

if it can't get a 9.8 with a printers crease then they must be deducting the grade for it.
Post 231 IP   flag post
@GAC That's what the man said....
Post 232 IP   flag post
Quote:

I've heard that too. I always understood that printers creases do not impact grades. But if the book can not get a 9.8 then they must be deducting. I'd like some elaboration on this from the experts.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte @GAC

I didnt think it was worth the $195 BIN. So I messaged him if he'd take $155 and he did. I just paid, and its being shipped tomorrow.

Im sure it will work out - worse case - ebay's will protect me. (hopefully).

thanks
Post 234 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 i'll be happy with a 9.4 or 9.6 on that crease book. Going to get Gerry Conway to sign it first once he pops back on a local event.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@Bronte @GAC

I didnt think it was worth the $195 BIN. So I messaged him if he'd take $155 and he did. I just paid, and its being shipped tomorrow.

Im sure it will work out - worse case - ebay's will protect me. (hopefully).

thanks

Best of luck and good job on getting the book down some!
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I've heard that too. I always understood that printers creases do not impact grades. But if the book can not get a 9.8 then they must be deducting. I'd like some elaboration on this from the experts.

I think that the thought is that a 9.8 is next to flawless and even though a printer crease happens in manufacturing, the book is not flawless. He didn't say it wouldn't get a 9.6....

I agree, It would not be right that my 9.8 without a printers crease gets the same grade as a book with a printers crease. So I am cool with it. At least they don't kow off 10 to 15 points for it.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I think that the thought is that a 9.8 is next to flawless and even though a printer crease happens in manufacturing, the book is not flawless. He didn't say it wouldn't get a 9.6....

I agree, It would not be right that my 9.8 without a printers crease gets the same grade as a book with a printers crease. So I am cool with it. At least they don't kow off 10 to 15 points for it.

This makes sense! I get it now. There is no deduction for printers creases for any grades, say 9.6 and below but it can not get higher grades....they're not deducting they're just topping off the highest possible grade. This makes sense to me...sorry, I wasnt thinking of it this way at first.
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
just wondering , i've seen 9.9's but anyone seen a 9.7??
Post 239 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen 9.5 I think on young avengers 1 wizard edition.

Edit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314139766921?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=zi0e9ai4r_s&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=x0YWgosxQv2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Post 240 IP   flag post
@GAC thanks! Plan to get it signed pressed and graded
Post 241 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting the concept of points reduction in grading.

I grade different to points reduction.
I grade books where defects are found and I know certain defects are allowed up to a certain grade.

A perfect book with a printing crease defect thru manufacturing I wouldn't deduct points.
I'd look at the book for any wear and defects and discover that a book with a printing defect such as a crease that is noticable is only allowed up to say a grade of 9.6.

Another example would be a book that appears to be in 9.2 due to minor creases along the spine that break color and the book has rusted staples.
I wouldn't deduct points for rusted staples and would look to see what the highest grade that allows for rusted staples.

As for manufacturing crease defects Defenders 1 on the upper right hand side of the cover have a lot of copies with this defect. But not all.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Another question. I see Ryan Reynolds signed on to do a live action Dragons Lair with Don Bluth. (News to me! Lol)

https://collider.com/dragons-lair-ryan-reynolds-netflix-comments/

Anyways, I plan to pick up a Dragons Lair #1 as investment to catch a release bump in price. Anyone else ever buy books when shows /movies are announced?
Post 243 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone help me understand what is going in this cover illustration?

Post 244 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - It looks like Ozzie Turner has a very sore ass, because his shorts are torn exposing his bare cheeks and there’s a trail of stars coming off his butt. The trail of stars seems to originate from the crotch of the blonde runner behind him. Next to Ozzie’s bare ass there appear to be six or 7 sperm-shaped designs swimming away from his butt in the direction of the trail of stars. The starter pistol is pointing straight up, and there is no other clue I can see that could possibly explain what caused Ozzie’s ass pain. Your guess is as good as mine!
Post 245 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia @esaravo I definitely got a laugh out of it!!! The year is off to a great start!!!
Post 246 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Did he have some magical beans for for a pre-race snack?
Post 247 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia The name Sparkle Farts comes to mind.
Post 248 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia - It looks like Ozzie Turner has a very sore ass, because his shorts are torn exposing his bare cheeks and there’s a trail of stars coming off his butt. The trail of stars seems to originate from the crotch of the blonde runner behind him. Next to Ozzie’s bare ass there appear to be six or 7 sperm-shaped designs swimming away from his butt in the direction of the trail of stars. The starter pistol is pointing straight up, and there is no other clue I can see that could possibly explain what caused Ozzie’s ass pain. Your guess is as good as mine!

@esaravo something certainly seems to have made him jump.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Looks like his farts are so powerful that it propels him forward...?
Post 250 IP   flag post
Couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Tracking shows the book should arrive to my house tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Quote:

@Bronte @EbayMafia

I guess raw grades is where MCS shines. I recently bought on eBay, and it really does depend on who is doing the selling…. I’ve found that shop shops do well with accurate raw grades. Whereas the guy next door just gives their novice opinion. I’ve had one or two returns because of someone saying “this is a 9.8 book all day long” yet when received it looked like a reader’s copy. Lol

I guess that’s not a problem on MCS. Very good to know.

Thanks

Another question about MCS.

Lets say I have a few CGC slabs to consign. Who sets the price? Ive read over their consign with us page and I cant see where it says who decides the price of the slab I send them? It wanted me to fill out a shipping form to send the slab(s) to them, but before I do that, id like to know about the pricing. Do they set the price, do I? and if I do, WHERE is that page? I cant seem to locate it.

Thanks.
Post 251 IP   flag post
You set the price.

After they accept your book they send you a link to all your consigned items and you decide what you want to sell it for. You can change the price at any time so you have a lot of freedom in that regard.

Edit

I would send in a couple of low value books and test the waters. It's easier to see what we are talking zbkut when you actually experience the process. It's easier than I thought it would be
Post 252 IP   flag post
@Bronte thanks!
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:

I'm going to assume Ozzie got shot in the ass by the starters pistol which made him bolt from the starting line ahead of all the other racers.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Couple of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Tracking shows the book should arrive to my house tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Quote:

@Bronte @EbayMafia

I guess raw grades is where MCS shines. I recently bought on eBay, and it really does depend on who is doing the selling…. I’ve found that shop shops do well with accurate raw grades. Whereas the guy next door just gives their novice opinion. I’ve had one or two returns because of someone saying “this is a 9.8 book all day long” yet when received it looked like a reader’s copy. Lol

I guess that’s not a problem on MCS. Very good to know.

Thanks

Another question about MCS.

Lets say I have a few CGC slabs to consign. Who sets the price? Ive read over their consign with us page and I cant see where it says who decides the price of the slab I send them? It wanted me to fill out a shipping form to send the slab(s) to them, but before I do that, id like to know about the pricing. Do they set the price, do I? and if I do, WHERE is that page? I cant seem to locate it.

Thanks.

@multi007 I believe the seller sets the price. I don't know if/where it specifically states that.
Post 255 IP   flag post
598059 999 30