Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a new thread 2022 - part 318670

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Man, with all of the tourists in Orlando, I think half of those 40 million are here....
Post 976 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 977 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'm happy that it's been four months since our last suspension/ban on the forum.....let's keep the streak going.🍻

If it were up to me, I'd be like, "Off with their head!"
Post 978 IP   flag post
Collector Retired_11B private msg quote post Address this user
When was the 30 day guarantee? I have some books that went in on May 17, 2023 and was wondering if they fell into the 30 day promo they ran.

Thanks in advance.
Post 979 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@zdoes10

Some folks pay a premium for books with multiple covers. Usually the books are more valuable if they are popular titles.

@Bronte, Thanks. That is what I was thinking, and yes, it is an odd title.
Post 980 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10

For what it's worth I did a search on ebay once for double covers and bought a book for that sole purpose. It has no inherent value besides that.

Post 981 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 unless you want to sell it soon, I wouldn’t get it verified and graded now, I’d hold it and eventually get it verified and graded later down the road.
Post 982 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, @multi007 - Thanks.
Post 983 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
What would you pay for these? I wish I went to one in the 90s before it got so unaffordable but why would anyone spend this much just for admission?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=comic+con+international&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1
Post 984 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
What would you pay for these? I wish I went to one in the 90s before it got so unaffordable but why would anyone spend this much just for admission?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=comic+con+international&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Why so much difference in prices? A lot are grouped around $1850, but then there are outliers at $730 and $3,500.
Post 985 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Why are they auctioning them off on eBay? That seems rather... tacky and low class.
Post 986 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 987 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson yup - they are all over the place with pricing. i guess it just depends on who you're in a bidding war with. they flooded ebay with dozens of tickets, so that could be a why also.

ive never been to sdcc, never attempted to buy tickets, but from all i read, its really complicated to get tickets with "virtual rooms" to wait in only to find out that the only tickets available are thursdays... ??

I plan to go someday - BUT if i cant get tickets through them directly, then id probably be one of those bidding on the ebay tickets.
Post 988 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@DrWatson yup - they are all over the place with pricing. i guess it just depends on who you're in a bidding war with. they flooded ebay with dozens of tickets, so that could be a why also.

ive never been to sdcc, never attempted to buy tickets, but from all i read, its really complicated to get tickets with "virtual rooms" to wait in only to find out that the only tickets available are thursdays... ??

I plan to go someday - BUT if i cant get tickets through them directly, then id probably be one of those bidding on the ebay tickets.

Those Ebay listings are the official listings.
Post 989 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

Those Ebay listings are the official listings.

Yup. and if i couldnt buy them from the sdcc directly without the markeup, id probably buy from them on ebay...
Post 990 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Hip comic has an android app that you can use to catalog your collection. I find that it can find variants without opening the comic to look at the index. It's not always accurate, but it beats opening the book and risking damage if you don't know what the variant is.

Post 991 IP   flag post
@Bronte I never knew about this one. I use League of Comic Geeks. They are still working the bugs in it. Plus I think I paid for the premium service, but I have it on my phone, pad and laptop. It was difficult to find a good program.
Post 992 IP   flag post
I haven't really used it beyond identifying variant books but it dies have slabbed option. The only thing I don't see is multiple copy option. For moderns I almost always buy multiples and have multiples of books I really like.
Post 993 IP   flag post
I emailed the creator of the app, from what I understand that is something they are trying to work out.
Post 994 IP   flag post
Anyone else have Ollie's overstock store in their part of the country? Picked up these 4 TPB's with cover price of $97...Ollie's total price $22.

Post 995 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Anyone else have Ollie's overstock store in their part of the country? Picked up these 4 TPB's with cover price of $97...Ollie's total price $22.

We have a couple of them. The book section is pretty crazy.
Post 996 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
We have a couple of them. The book section is pretty crazy.

Yeah, the book section still impresses me when I go. A few other finds from the Ollie's treasure hunt today:

Mix one of these with a 16 ounce bottle of water for a sugar free lemon tea. 10 packets per box, $1.25:

Could only find one of these:

Founds lots of these:

Post 997 IP   flag post
I bought a crap load at Ollie's. You kinda need to know what you are getting. I bought a bunch of packs and only the covers were what I thought. The ones behind it were drek that was horrid
Post 998 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Post 999 IP   flag post
600892 999 24