Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Customer Service Request18653

Collector camkelly private msg quote post Address this user
This is my last idea to get in contact with someone from this company. I have called several times and left messages and I have emailed several times. Calls and emails have gone unanswered. I am hoping that this post yields better results!

My husband and I submitted comics at the Richmond, VA Galaxy Con back in March of 2022. We submitted them through the CBCS booth and received the pink recipes which unfortunately does not have an order number on it. We were assured by the workers in the booth that we would receive our comics by mid to late September. It is now the end of October and STILL no comics and no response from CBCS comics.

We are becoming increasingly frustrated as we are moving soon and are worried that we will lose these comics forever. A few were very important to us and a big part of our collection.

If anyone can provide advice on a way to get in touch with someone from CBCS I would greatly appreciate it.

CBCS if you see this PLEASE contact me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector mocanudo private msg quote post Address this user

No clue what part of the country you are in, but I saw these on a Facebook Group yesterday and downloaded them myself for when my submissions go over a year I'll have someone to pester. Hopefully this helps!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
wait its not even processing? thats weird. I did a submission in Nov last year....they recieved it and now is processing a month later, then did another in june, almost 2 months later they recieved and is processing (still waiting for nov but Im fine)

id say check with a member here who I believe does work with cbcs but if there is record right now or a order #. could be tough
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
March 2022? You have about 3-6 more months to wait. I have 2 orders from Jan 2022, 1 is in grading the other isn’t. If you didn’t have an account one was setup using the email you used on the form and you can login the website and see the order number and status there
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@camkelly
I am so sorry you are having this problem. CBCS's customer service is easily the biggest drawback to submitting books to them.

What does your dashboard say on the CBCS website? You should be able to get your submission number and information on what stage in the process your books are. Trying to contact a rep like @mocanudo suggested is not a bad idea either.

@camkelly @mocanudo
Welcome to the forum!
Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by camkelly
This is my last idea to get in contact with someone from this company. I have called several times and left messages and I have emailed several times. Calls and emails have gone unanswered. I am hoping that this post yields better results!

My husband and I submitted comics at the Richmond, VA Galaxy Con back in March of 2022. We submitted them through the CBCS booth and received the pink recipes which unfortunately does not have an order number on it. We were assured by the workers in the booth that we would receive our comics by mid to late September. It is now the end of October and STILL no comics and no response from CBCS comics.

We are becoming increasingly frustrated as we are moving soon and are worried that we will lose these comics forever. A few were very important to us and a big part of our collection.

If anyone can provide advice on a way to get in touch with someone from CBCS I would greatly appreciate it.

CBCS if you see this PLEASE contact me.

You will not get customer service here. You will see staff here, but they're just playing in contests, etc. They don't respond to the "I need help" posts.

I have heard if you create an Instagram account and contact them through there, you have a better chance.

Also the list of names that was posted above are just more email addresses that will ignore you.

It's unfortunate the employees at the con even gave you a date because they have no clue at all. All they did was give a new submitter unrealistic expectations.

So, the key is patience...normally. But in your case there is the issue of a new address. I would suggest you keep hounding them in email, phone, and create social media accounts and try there. They do sometimes respond to people.

Sorry they've put you in this position. Remember this before deciding where your next submission goes.
Good luck :/
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by camkelly
We were assured by the workers in the booth that we would receive our comics by mid to late September.

I don't understand why anyone would "assure" a customer when they'll get their books back unless they meant mid September of 2023, or they're instructed to give best case scenario replies in order to make sure they get the submission.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
it's mind boggling that this has been an issue for so long
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@camkelly If you created your account using the same email address on the submission form the order should appear on your dashboard.

That said, your books still have some time to go, regardless of what you were told at the convention

I have one book delivered to their office in early February that just shipped today. GalaxyCon Richmond was in late March so assuming you have no expedited services on your order, I’d guess your books have 2 or so months to go
Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@camkelly If you created your account using the same email address on the submission form the order should appear on your dashboard.

That said, your books still have some time to go, regardless of what you were told at the convention

I have one book delivered to their office in early February that just shipped today. GalaxyCon Richmond was in late March so assuming you have no expedited services on your order, I’d guess your books have 2 or so months to go

heaven help you if you had pressing!!
I have books from November 2021 that haven't even been looked at yet!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Right?? I know I’m exaggerating but it seems like every third thread is about nonexistent customer service or where are my books it’s only been 1000 days and I don’t have them back yet.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Thelastpearce private msg quote post Address this user
I am not customer service but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The fact that CDCS does not address this issue is not only frustrating in and of itself, but also points to a bigger issue the company is facing. Since I work in a field where customer service is everything, let me tell you what will happen to CBCS in the long run, they will move their customer base to another supplier, be it CGC, EGS, PGX or someone else. They will look back at the "good times" and wonder where did it all go?

I have already decided that my next submission will not be going to CBCS, turn around times and customer service being the main reasons. I will try someone new, even though there is a lot to like about this place, the hassle of being ignored is simply one thing I will not tolerate.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector mocanudo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Same here. November 2021 submission - no update to date.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

yeah still waiting for them to get to my Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 from nov submission
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Heaven???

Post 16 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
2 1/2 months no contact back yet still waiting.
Post 17 IP   flag post
598060 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?