Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeFor SaleMemorabilia

Comic Book Soft Slab CollectForever.com San Diego Comic-Con 202218651

Staple topics, nice. makahuka private msg quote post Address this user
I received the free comic book soft slab from Upper Deck, Collect Forever. This is definitely not a complaint, a bashing, or anything else. Just wanted to post a few pics from what I received, and the other thread was archived. There are some flaws. I'm not sure if it will take off. If you missed something at your LCS, maybe an option to obtain a copy of a book. It really is a soft slab. It can be bent, maybe a little better than being bagged and boarded. I don't remember, but I think they were meant to be traded online, and with an option to obtain a physical copy. There's good information on the header of the slab, front and back. A little more information in the link. The soft slab is thin, and the comic is thicker than the slab. The book arrived in a box, packed really well, in soft Styrofoam paper like material to protect the slab, within 2 sheets of cardboard, and packing bubble wrap. I have another, Punchline, it is not available for trade. The uncirculated part is interesting. I picked up the same copy of Punchline at my LCS, but the soft slab I ordered of the same book isn't available for trade or to obtain the physical copy until 10/28/2022. Anyway, thought it was cool, and interesting, and that the company is possibly trying to enter the game of encapsulating books, as indicated on the web site. Ever upward!

https://www.collectforever.com/Slabs

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's essentially an inner well.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@makahuka Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I guess its a cool way to shop on-line, especially if you cant make it to a local comic shop that week due to work, or life in general. As long as they don't ship ya one with a damaged spine, then encapsulate it.

All in all, I suppose it's a good way to get a comic to yer home, till ya can remove it, and put it in a Mylite2 with a Fullback, cause I know these things are flimsy. Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn't trust comics that are going into my PC in something like that.

Plus, I'm one of those extremely picky collectors. I cant have any color rubbings, or spine ticks, or corner blunting on the spine when I buy my comics. Especially new ones. I see this as more of a means to get a hold of pre-orderable variants, and flip the comics easier.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
It’s kind of neat a soft slab I can think of the cool possibilities with this if it can fit in a top loader if it’s cheaper to get a book soft slabed and then stick it in a top loader type deal some books don’t need to be slabed but still some people might still want to a goood cheaper alternative is a top loader but a soft slab and a special top loader thing might be a good alternative if it’s cost is low
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Travis Yeah, but a Golden Age Top Loader or Magazine is probably needed, that is IF these spab arent too thick, and Top Loaders are expensive. Maybe at that point, you might as well just buy E.Gerber Mylite products.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
@makahuka Thanks for the information. I tried going to their website to try and create an account. There is something wrong with their website. The "CREATE ACCOUNT" button has a spinning icon. I tried using their contact us message system and their enter button has the same issue. I tried multiple browsers all with the same problem. I even tried using my iPad, same result.

They have a problem with their site and you can't even tell them about it. Not so sure I want to sign up now. Might just stick with my MyLites2's. Probably cheaper and better protection.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It's essentially an inner well.

Yep. They'll probably make money too. For a little while, anyway.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600858 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?