Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

ASM 300 HELP GRADING18637

Collector OrionPax private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys!

I'm sending this book to the upcoming McFarlane signature. What grade u think it can get? It has already been pressed.

Front cover is very clean with some sun fading. The main issues are on the back cover with some color breaking stress lines on the spine, some color rub over the edges and a small tear on the left side. Pages are complete and off-white to white I'd say.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Here are more photos

Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
From what Pictures that I can see, I'd think its around a 7.5 becasue of the tear mostly. Sure, its got color rub, and color breaking spine ticks etc., but rips/tears hurt it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
8.0 seems most likely, 8.5 if lucky.

The edge tear BC, CB spine ticks and the cover ink flecking/paper loss are the biggest issues.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth thanks. I'm hoping and praying for an 8.0 but I think it'll get a 7.5 too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder What paper loss are you referring to? I'd be very happy with the 8.0 tho
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
6.5 - 7.0
Post 8 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum!!

The eye appeal on that book is exceptional. The front cover looks great. Definitely get a press to help smooth out the bends associated with that crease on the BC upper right.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thank you! Yes, I love how the front cover looks. Unfortunately the book has already been pressed, and the creasing on the BC upper right is color breaking, so no possible fixing there.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@OrionPax
I've had a book pressed and gotten a grade bump and then pressed again (if a book gets signed, I get it pressed every time just in case it gets any bends from the signing itself) and it got a second grade bump.

Also the colour break on that crease is a forever thing, but the slight bend near it might be pressable, though sometimes they're not.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Thelastpearce private msg quote post Address this user
Without seeing the interior, the book looks clean and straight which will help, but overall the damages in the photo keep it from grading higher than an 8.0
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
8.0 if you're lucky camp
Post 13 IP   flag post
600891 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?