Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Modern AgeFor Sale

Geiger #1 (2021) 2nd Print 1:25 CBCS 9.9 Geoff Johns18615

Collector Vboi private msg quote post Address this user
Hot news, Geiger will be adapted for TV by Justin Simien alongside Johns for Paramount Television Studios. I'm putting this up for sale, willing to take direct offer!

Geiger #1 (2021) 2nd Print 1:25 CBCS 9.9 Geoff Johns
Post 1 IP   flag post
clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
does the 1:25 mean that only 25 books were printed? why is the 2nd print valued higher?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is (please, anyone, correct me if I am.wrong), these ratios refer to variant the covers. The 1:25, 1:100, 1: 10 etc. the 1 refers to the variant cover and the 25, 100, 10 etc. refers to the regular cover. So, for every 1 variant cover, there is 25 or 100 or 10 regular covers.

Second prints can be valued higher and usually related to the print run/scarcity of that second printing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
1:25 meaning is for every 25 regular cover printed, a rare incentive cover is printed. It's a hit or a miss for later printing because the print run is much lower or not. One of the best example was Ironheart 1 which had about a 60k 1st print run. Everyone had the 1st print so barely anyone ordered the second print, which resulted in a less than 1k print run. The price exploded because rarely do you see a non manufacturered extremely low print like this, unlike trade dress or exclusive covers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
600887 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?