Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signing Opportunities

William Shatner at L.A. Comic Con18614

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
He's charging 125.00 per autograph. Seems steep, but when will I get another chance? I might pull the trigger.

https://comicconla.com/guests/william-shatner
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'd consider it if I were going to be in the U.S., but I'll be in Japan in December. Bummer about missing the con, but I'm not cancelling my trip for it.

Also, the price may seem a little steep (because it is), but a lot of actors - some not as well-known as William Shatner - charge far more.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd

Also, the price may seem a little steep (because it is), but a lot of actors - some not as well-known as William Shatner - charge far more.

You’re right. Now I need A Star Trek book. I love the series but I never collected the comics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@sportshort
DC had a nice Star Trek series in the 80's and some early issues have gorgeous Perez covers. They're all very affordable. For something more pricey/collectible you can't beat the original Gold Key series.
Post 4 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Wow the dude from Shang-Chi is charging more than William Shatner
I had to look up who he even was??

I guess if you are on a budget Wil Wheaton will do at $40.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort I will give you $125 worth of Star Trek comics if you get me an autograph
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

Exactly. William Shatner has always kept his signature fees on the lower end compared to a lot of other actors. I respect the guy for knowing that not all his fans have deep pockets.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

1st Appearance Will Wheaton!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmccoy74
Quote:

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This comic came first.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
He's charging 125.00 per autograph. Seems steep, but when will I get another chance? I might pull the trigger.

https://comicconla.com/guests/william-shatner

Do it. Guy is 91...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

First cover

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

First cover

your right
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
FYI. He likes to be referred to as The Shat. 😉
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort I will give you $125 worth of Star Trek comics if you get me an autograph

As I mentioned, I am not a Star Trek collector, having said that. What do you have that might be a good book to have signed that you are willing to part with for a reasonable price? a number one would be great.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I don't know anything about Star Trek comics, is there something out there that you've come across or recommend? Under one hundred? under fifty would be even better.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'd recommend either #1 from the 1980 Marvel series or #1 from the 1983 DC series. They're dirt cheap (you could probably get a copy of each for under $50) and feature Shatner prominently on the cover. The DC #1 has a nice Perez cover.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I'd recommend either #1 from the 1980 Marvel series or #1 from the 1983 DC series. They're dirt cheap (you could probably get a copy of each for under $50) and feature Shatner prominently on the cover. The DC #1 has a nice Perez cover.

I see a lot of #1's and it's very confusing to a non-star trek collector. can you post pics of which comics you are referring to?

what a weenie, right? (sorry)
Post 18 IP   flag post
It's no problem at all! Trust me, you have yet to achieve weenie-ness. There really are a TON of Star Trek comics out there.

Here's the Marvel #1

Here's the DC #1

Post 19 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd How about this one? it has a Peter David (Artist) Sig already. Or would you get one of the ones you posted instead? Again, I don't know which if any are important/key in any way.

Post 20 IP   flag post
@sportshort
That is a very cool book! I would get that signed.

There are only so many key Star Trek books, and Gold Key #1 is the only one that comes to mind for me, and that one is Very pricey. The only other I can think of is the last issue of the 1980 Marvel series (#18), and that's not so much a key as a Hard To Find because the print run was very Very low.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Bought. Gonna keep looking to see if I find something better but it will do for now.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Bought my tickets and Billy (we roll like that) Shatner's autograph. Thank God for credit cards. Sheesh!

Actually looking forward to the Con, it's been too long.
Post 23 IP   flag post
601456 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?